Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
We spent V day at the Class wrestling tournament for our youngest son.

I dropped off a V bouquet at that son's girlfriend's house on Fri. eve as he could not because he was already at the tournament with his Dad.

I also bought V day gifts for the girlfriend including a box of candy and gifts for the boys and H. I commented to H on phone that I bought a rectangular box of chocolates wrapped in V paper for the girlfriend and that I wished I had bought a heart shaped box as that is more special and highly regarded by girls.

When I arrived at home Fri. after dropping off the flowers to girlfriend, I found flowers in a vase and a beautiful heart shaped box of candy on my dining room table. H had already bought it and left it there for me Friday noon. So it made him feel smart that he had bought the kind of candy box that was most special in my mind.

He arrived home Friday evening and found boxes of red raspberries and strawberries on his pillow case with a mushy note from me. Since he has to watch his cholesterol level, the red fruit was well received.

Sat on actual V day, we were back off to the wrestling tournament together in the morning. Our son took first place in his weight class. So it was a pleasant day with a positive ending.

Lake
BW-53
FWH-54
H had EA 3 weeks 06
Married 1977

N C 4-10-06
3 DSs
In Recovery
E
E
Mine was great smile loveheart

Hubby and I have a tradition where we "switch off" years for planning V-day. Last year, when we were really in the "thick" of recovery (only 6 months after I moved home... we all know what a "raw" time that is...), I planned V-day. This year, it was his turn. Its nice because every other year you get a "surprise"... and planning the surprise is just as fun too!

So, this year, he first sent me a bouquet of flowers at work on Friday smile . On Friday evening, I went to a local "car show" with him (not my idea of a great time, but he loves it... so I went for him... actually turned out to be a pretty nice time, and we had fun). On Saturday, he took me to a very romantic restaurant in our town with a spectacular view. He looked so handsome! And then afterwards, we went to a comedy club to see one of our favorite comedians. It was hilarious, and we had a blast. It was the perfect combination of romance and fun. After the show, we went for a snack and drink to a bar next door.

Later that night, I broke out some of my lingerie, and we had some of the best SF we've had in awhile.

Sunday, I made him homemade lasagna (his fav, everything from scratch!), and cookies and played video games with him. I also got him a card and a bag of his favorite candies, and a "superbowl champions" T-shirt (we are huge Steelers fans...).

All in all... a great weekend. smile smile He gave me a lot to "live up to" next year!

E.

B
B
I got my GF 4 deep tissue massages at a local spa. I had the neighbors lined up to watch DS4. GF's DD6 went to her Father's for the weekend. Everything was looking good

THEN

GF got a sinus infection and the lining of her lungs got inflamed. She couldn't speak or swallow. She ended up getting a steroid shot and 3 different meds, almost had to hospitalized. She was highly contagious. I didn't see her at all this weekend. cry

but she LOVED her gift!! laugh

guess I'll be rewarded eventually :RollieEyes:

Valentines night I had DS4 and the nieghborhood kids on the Wii and the men had a Texas Holdem tournament in my garage. So I made the best of it. dance2

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
P
P
Originally Posted by BetrayedCajun
She couldn't speak or swallow.

Well, on March 14th speaking is optional. laugh

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
B
B
That's when I'm hoping to be rewarded hurray

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
B
B
It was kind of a non-event for us. I was TDY in Virginia for a month, and had just gotten back on the evening of 2/13.

We originally had elaborate plans to have one of my sisters take DS5 overnight, and the other sister to take DS1 overnight, then we'd escape for a nice dinner and off to a hotel to get...reacquainted, shall we say...?

But as the week prior wore on, we realized how exhausted we both were - we've never been apart more than a week since we've been married, and certainly not since we had kids. So she was worn out from doing the single mom thing for a month, and I was worn out from working 60+ hours a week and being away. I never sleep well on the road. So we waved off the aunts and decided to stay home.

We got gyros from a local place we hadn't tried and washed it down with some very nice sparkling red wine, then settled in with DS5 and watched Madagascar II.

VD had been tenatively rescheduled for the weekend of 28 February. Stuff will be less crowded then anyway! grin

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation