Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
MowTin #2231985 03/22/09 09:01 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Before I start...thank you all. And I apologize for my whine yesterday.

WW called. Wants to make marriage work. Wants to be open and honest. Claims she's willing to do what it takes to make marriage work. I told her that her job is a big part ofthe problem.

She's willing to work on things. But can't quit her job.

I re-read Mel's conditons. I know her problem(s).

There are no open arms here. I'm a bigger doubter than anyone knows.

She said there's been NC with om since her physical encounter 45 days-ish ago.

I'm gun shy here. I know why she can't quit her job ($$).
I'm in a postion where I don't know if I should just bag it or allow her back home.

I have no issue with divorce. Nor following thru with one. I'm hurt, I ache. I'm not into the games I went through last time.

I guess I have to start with last time....and work forward. If she can do that, there may be a chance. If not....I'm back at ground zero.

DaltonDad #2232006 03/22/09 09:29 AM
O
O
Sorry DD,

If you are entertaining letting her come back, you are already back to zero. Nothing has changed since the FIRST time you caught her ( emphasis on FIRST because you have no idea whether she was cheating on you before that). She wouldn't quit her job then, she won't quit her job now. She tells you she is NC with the OM. Big deal, she slept with him got pregnant, aborted the poor child, and now tells you she wants to work on the marriage. You can lie to yourself about not divorcing for the sake of the kids. The fact is for all the time she spends there, and what she does around the house and for them, they would adjust easily to her being gone. She is never there any ways. You have to at least be truthful to yourself. At this point your self esteem is so low, that you think all you deserve is her. WRONG. You don't deserve her at all. You can't deny that you letting her off time and again only reinforces her bad behavior. She has no respect for you, and knows that if she just lies again and says she wants to work on the marriage and that she won't see the OM (and it is a lie. Because if its not him it will be another man) that you will take her back. If you had a friend in the same position as you, you would shake him and tell him to get real. That is what I am trying to do with this post.

The example you give to your children here is so destructive and if not changed increases there chance of searching our and finding a woman just like there mom. Boys marry women like their mothers. So instead of putting a stop to this now. You entertain reinforcing there education in accepting a life as a cuckold. DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO HAVE SELF ESTEEM LIKE YOU? DO YOU WANT TO SENTENCE THEM TO THE LIFE YOU LIVE? Each time you give in. You tell them "Hey kids, this is how a marriage works. Your wife will cheat on you, you will be depressed and sorrowful your whole married life. Isn't this wonderful"

There is more at stake here then the pain you are feeling. There are your sons future happiness. Please reconsider even entertaining the thought of not divorcing her. I know this is harsh, and it hurts to read it. But DAMN man, you have only one life and your children have only one life. Don't do this to yourself or them.

ouchthathurt #2239855 04/03/09 12:10 PM
M
M
DD,

Did you ever think that it's rather improbable that she got pregnant on a one night stand?

No protection on a one night stand? It just happened to be her fertile night? Most people spend months trying to get pregnant.

It sounds more likely that it was an ongoing thing that eventually progressed to unprotected and eventually led to pregnancy.

You do realize that there are really great women out there who would never do anything as disgusting as this?

Hope, Love, and Faith
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation