Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 72 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 71 72
O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
ONLY if you file can you do that. If he files first, you can't, it's his suit.

ahhh good point.

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
Originally Posted by verysadtime
I just found out that my WH had pics her OW kids in his office. They called him their 2nd dad....sick! I don't know if they know. I doubt that they were told.

I would somehow make sure OWH knows that your WH had pics of HIS kids.

How did you find this info out?

someone who used to work for him and thought something was very fishy....just shared that with me after knowing about the exposure.

O
OP Offline
O
Just wondering what can I possibly do now to Plan A it a few more days after what happened today? Especially when his last words to me were FU?

O
OP Offline
O
I am coming empty handed for an IM. The church person isn't an option. She's not a friend of mine and I couldn't ask her to get involved.

I'm wondering if I could do this via email only? And say anything other than a direct question will be deleted?

M
M
See, this is why I am SO SO SO glad that I went to Plan B immediately after exposure, I wasn't subjected to FWH's anger and nonsense.

I heard plenty of it during our false recovery, however, and it was hard enough not to LB then. But after expsosure I was so done with him, and Plan B gave me the respite I desperately needed.

I'm pretty sure I would have filed for D immediately if he ever told me he didn't love me or had never loved me...or any of the other nonsense that they all say.

Anyways...right now I wouldn't say ANYTHING to him...give him a few days to calm down, and just sit tight. Spend those days getting your ducks in a row for Plan B.

My guess is that he is going to contact you in a few days and try to make things all nicey-nice. So hang tight until then.

Have you given anymore thought into who could be an IM for you?

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
I am coming empty handed for an IM. The church person isn't an option. She's not a friend of mine and I couldn't ask her to get involved.

I'm wondering if I could do this via email only? And say anything other than a direct question will be deleted?
Nope, won't work...he will totally continue to try to abuse you and you will LB all over the place.

He needs to miss you COMPLETELY and have NO ACCESS to you.

Keep thinking....

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

O
OP Offline
O
No I said in the post above your that I don't. I don't know what to do.

O
OP Offline
O
Just got this email from WH:

"I apologize for my use of profanity today. My anger got the best of me."

Should I respond?

M
M
See?!?!?! What did I tell you...he contacted YOU and is acting all nicey-nice!

I wouldn't respond at all right now...let's see what happens between tonight and tomorrow morning.

You have always forgiven very easily and that is what he has come to accept...so he keeps abusing you because he KNOWS you will just forigve and move on. That needs to stop.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

O
OP Offline
O
ok I won't respond. I don't want to anyway.

M
M
ok, so why did your IM back out?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
VST - this is a post I made to someone else who's husband was abusing the privilege of contact with his wife - and the slime-ball WH of yours shows the height of disrespect to his own flesh and blood daughter by having OW's children's pictures in his office. I don't know if I could forgive that one... Can you get documentation from your informant for potential custody? You wouldn't want your daughter bouncing into his office seeing the impostor children pictures next to hers!

Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
It's all in the attitude.

My best role-model for the "tude" needed to pull off a difficult Plan B here was Leilana - on the recovery board. A year ago, after two years in a false recovery, Leilana found out her husband had been cheating on her for the last 9 months with the same OW. At that point, she packed his stuff and told him to move in with OW - she could have him - ALL of him.

She knew that the fact that OW didn't have to deal with the less-attractive parts of him compelled her to go after him; and she also knew that her WH didn't really WANT the OW that much ALL the time. But she refused to enable cake-eating.

Leilana didn't DO a Plan B, as much as she had the attitude of Plan B. She be'd the B. At one point on her posts, her signature line read, "Life's too short and I'm too cute!" - I loved that. An affirmation that BS doesn't deserve the kind of treatment a WS dishes out.

Don't be afraid to kick him out. Plan A isn't to stop the affair, as much as it is to give them a taste of what's really at home where faithful spouses get to live; and to build your confidence that you really have done everything to save your marriage before you go to protection phase of Plan B.

Girl - you need some 'tude! You are way too classy to engage in a tussle over this man anymore. He seriously needs to get out of the waller and clean up his act before he gets to have contact with you.

Intermediaries are easy to find if you are willing to strictly follow no contact. I know the three queens of Marriage Builders Plan B Intermediary volunteered to handle communications for another woman who couldn't find an intermediary. However, that dear woman couldn't commit to Plan B for herself - she kept answering his emails and following HIS plan instead of her own Plan B. So if you are serious put out here on the board that you will strictly not open any emails, texts, phone calls or doorbells rung by your WH - they don't give a rip if he's mad!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
S
S

Should I respond?

:crosseyedcrazy:

Such a wayward. They are so predictable.

See, everything we're telling you? He's doing it, isn't he.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
KA, you are RIGHT ON, girlfriend!

Happily married to HerPapaBear

P
P
My best role-model for the "tude" needed to pull off a difficult Plan B here was Leilana - on the recovery board. A year ago, after two years in a false recovery, Leilana found out her husband had been cheating on her for the last 9 months with the same OW. At that point, she packed his stuff and told him to move in with OW - she could have him - ALL of him.

I remember this rotflmao

Leilana had gone against the MB rule of thumb that the WS cannot continue to work with the OP and anticipate there will be no "sparks" between WS and OP.

She went along with WH & OW working together ..... until lo-and-behold .... the A restarted >shock< shocked

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by sexymamabear

Should I respond?

:crosseyedcrazy:

Such a wayward. They are so predictable.

See, everything we're telling you? He's doing it, isn't he.

Yes I see SMB....I see. His abuse yesterday took a tole on me....I'm feeling very unemotional, which I take as maybe unresolved anger. The two pieces of info I was given yesterday about him taking her into his office and shutting the door and OW kids pics in his office did me in. They had been doing the "office" thing for longer that I thought it might have been going on anyway. I'm just done. I know that if he were to pop up and change in the dramatic way that I need him too, I would look at this marriage again. Otherwise, I am done. I just don't deserve this abuse. It's funny, I never really thought of it as abuse until yesterday. I don't know why.

My lawyer is getting the papers ready and he should be served first part of next week. I still don't have an IM. The one I had lined up has been told "absolutely not" by her husband. He is afraid of WH's anger. I asked another ify option I had and she declined. I have no other options. I've thunk and thunk smile about it and come up empty handed.

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
the slime-ball WH of yours shows the height of disrespect to his own flesh and blood daughter by having OW's children's pictures in his office. I don't know if I could forgive that one... Can you get documentation from your informant for potential custody? You wouldn't want your daughter bouncing into his office seeing the impostor children pictures next to hers!

Thanks KA, that is so disrespectful I've been feeling quite sick to my stomach today puke. I don't know if I can forgive it either. Her kids called him their "2nd dad" and told him they loved him. He also had a card they gave him for something standing along with the pic saying that stuff. I know, it's pretty sick.

I will get full custody. He would NEVER ask for that. I've been a single parent for years and years anyway. He has been pretty much fully uninvolved all her life.

Last edited by verysadtime; 04/30/09 12:56 PM.

M
M
[
My lawyer is getting the papers ready and he should be served first part of next week. I still don't have an IM. The one I had lined up has been told "absolutely not" by her husband. He is afraid of WH's anger. I asked another ify option I had and she declined. I have no other options. I've thunk and thunk about it and come up empty handed.

Here are some options I can think of. Have your attorney operate as an IM but I can already see the problems with that.

Or perhaps some of here could do this as a TEAM via one email address. [he would not know this is a team, though] And here is how that could work. Tell him that all communication needs to go through your "marriage coach, Sally, WHO IS A NEUTRAL PARTY," at sallywhosit@gmail.com. She will pass on all pertinent information regarding finances and child visitation to me.

His response will be to refuse to use the IM and to make threats, etc. But usually when the WS sees he ain't getting through any other way, he does relent.

vst, if I thought you could get away with not having an IM, I would say so. BUT I KNOW YOU CAN'T. He will put you through a holy hell you have never imagined after you ask him to not contact you. He will go out of his way to prove to you he is in control and will keep you in constant turmoil.

I know his type and it is not pretty.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
vst, I might be willing to IM for you...can you email me at marriedforever2006@yahoo.com?

You really need Plan B asap. DO NOT TALK TO HIM RIGHT NOW. I am very afraid you are going to LB all over the place.

Please email me. I'm leaving for a few hours but will get back to you later this afternoon.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

M
M
Mel, see my post above.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

Page 62 of 72 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation