Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
Is that bitter enough Mel... you cobbler?

LOL Now we have folks calling apple cobbler, apple coddler, and folks calling coddlers, cobblers! grin

M
M
I agree that our culture has a huge double standard where women are concerned.

But, on this forum, no way.

T
T
Marsh,

Triple, No Quadruple, No Quadruple Dog standard!

Z
Z
I agree with you, EX. It is maddening. Studies show female on male domestic violence is more prevalent. See many men's shelters?
Women, overwhelmingly are the predominant perpetrators in abuse and even murder of kids and the elderly, according to studies.
Women pedophiles are often given probation or treatment whereas a man doing the same thing is jailed.
Read that Michelle Langley second e-book for an education. And, check out that site, Shrink4men.

B
B
Can I be greedy and get a coddle, or would it be a cuddle, with my apple cobbler? flirt

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Z
Z
Get it ala mode.

B
B
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Get it ala mode.

Works for me. dance2

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
M
M
Unfortunately, many women have been taught that there is empowerment through victimhood, so in order to gain that power, they have to demonize MEN. Many women have an entitlement attitude that leads them to believe they are entitled to an affair; that they are somehow free to abuse their husbands and their children and no one will say anything about it. And men put up with it!!

The WW's come here and are SHOCKED to discover that they the pity parade doesn't wash HERE. The posters here see right through it and hand them their asses. I agree that there is a double standard and that the mistreatment of men is largely ignored, while every grievance, real or imagined, towards women is magnified.

That being said, you MEN contribute to this sad state of affairs by acting like doormats. How many times have we seen men come on this forum who abandoned their families just because some selfish, entitled wayward wife told him to get out so she could carry on her affair? As long as you MEN act like DOORMATS, you will continue to be treated as such. And you have to take some PERSONAL responsibility for CONTRIBUTING TO YOUR OWN DEMISE. If you would stop lying down, you might not get walked over so badly!

I get real tired of having to tell men how to act like men around here. I am going to start charging you men commission for my work.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Zelmo,

Got on the site asap, couldn't take it! Lump in my throat. One part hit home way too hard. My wife does not reciprocate at all and she knows it, but still doesn't! Very hard for me the last year or so. I seemed to be the guy who's put up with it for so long, but she's losing me and I can see it, but she does nothing and of course it will be my fault.

BR,

I'll have a lode of coddler and ice dream!

T
T
Mel,

I agree! I'm glad I'm a... shoot you got me! I could really use your help. I know you've read some of my stuff, but I'm at a loss, when she thinks she's working on it or thinks that the last 13 years of neglect can be set aside and my trust of her should be 100% right now, and if she meets my EN for 3 weeks, that she deserves some sort of cookie, holiday and a vacation from meeting them.

M
M
themud, you know what? My H had that same entitled, selfish attitude the first few years of our marriage. I got sick of it and explained to him I was not interested in SETTLING anymore so I was moving on. I said if this all you have to offer, then I am not buying. And dang! Things improved real quick!! In my marriage, when I raised the bar, he rose to the new standard. if you settle for less, you will probably get it.

For some reason, my H was under the impression that all he had to do was SHOW UP and his special presence would keep me interested. I have disabused him of that notion. And when he lovebusts me, I let him know right away that his behavior is a TURN OFF.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Z
Z
Check out Marc Rudov's stuff on his site or Paul Elam's, the mud, as well.
That Shrink4 men site has been a Godsend for me.

M
M
Originally Posted by themud
when she thinks she's working on it or thinks that the last 13 years of neglect can be set aside and my trust of her should be 100% right now, and if she meets my EN for 3 weeks, that she deserves some sort of cookie, holiday and a vacation from meeting them.

themud, if she is trying to change her habits, it would be a good idea to give her a HERO COOKIE as an encouragment. you have to start somewhere!

Exposure 101

S
S
Hey does anyone think that Bother is Dude....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Is that you Dude?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
B
If you accept nothing, you will likely get nothing.

BR,

I'll have a lode of coddler and ice dream!

I don't know if I want any ice dream....brrrrrrrrrr :teef:

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

N
N
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

nope, but my first thought was it was Zelmo........ grin

not2fun

K
K
bother,

""The MB rhetoric says "just hang in there, man! With a cheery wink and pat on the back. But that's not the advice women are given.""

Cheery wink and pat on the back??
toe tap toe tap toe tap sigh

If you really knew what you were talking about and had more experience on this board, maybe you wouldn't be so trite.

""My WW had an EA and I did great Plan A""....""she was the one who was neglectful of my EN's""...""now back to the same point as whole marriage where I am falling over myself trying to meet EN's and FWW gives nothing back, she is reverting to neglect,""....""Because then I wouldn't give and give and get nothing in return except a drib or drab here and there.""...""a contempt-deserving woman who takes and takes and takes and gives nothing in return"" think think think

I seem to detect a pattern of, gosh, I don't know, WHINING?? Poor, poor, pityful me? crybaby cry

Your attitude MUST be coming through loud and clear to your wife. You did a great Plan A?? You are giving and giving and falling all over meeting her ENs, yet you see your wife as a CONTEMPT-DESERVING WOMAN WHO TAKES....etc?

My point is, you are so intense on this point that what you see as a Plan A, to her may look desperate or needy or insincere or something different than how you perceive yourself.

Maybe you are expecting too much too soon.

But the way you speak about her makes me wonder why you BOTHER...HMMmmmmm think think

kirk

Last edited by krusht; 11/25/09 01:54 PM. Reason: spellig changed new to knew

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
D
D
Kirk rocks.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
Originally Posted by not2fun
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

nope, but my first thought was it was Zelmo........ grin

not2fun

Yeah, but DUDE is MIA......

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation