Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
I am new here but already I feel that there are not enough encouraging words being shared. We are all struggling one way or another. No marriage can be brought back together without a positive outlook. For me, my renewed faith in God continues to provide me hope for my shattered relationship. Let's encourage each other, too, okay? smile

So...

If you have any quotations, stories, songs, poems, etc., that can provide ENCOURAGEMENT for the hurting hearts, please post those here.

Last edited by Redeem_Me; 07/09/10 08:56 PM.
D
D
Not to discount your thoughts but I think if you take a few days and read many of the stories you will see nothing but loving, heroic, gang-like support for those of us really trying to overcome hard situations. This is the most encouraging place I have ever been and if not for these forums and the knowledge and encouragement they gave me I don't know if I could have survived this.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
R
OP Offline
R
Sorry, like I said, I'm new here. I've just spent the past hour reading some unfortunately discouraging posts.

Anyway, I am at the point in this journey that I need to feel there is hope. I know I'm not the only one.

D
D
There is always hope as long as both of you want to make it work. smile

I was not trying to be offensive. Yes it is discouraging sometimes but after you have been here a while you will see the wisdom of the posts that seem so discouraging. Really. Welcome to MB. Not the best place in the world to be but it is the best place in the world to be. Figure that one out crazy

Work hard and follow the program. It is real and it will work. There is nothing else out there like this.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
S
S
Edited by Scotty. It was too encouraging. ;D

READ the BASIC concepts, the books and other people's threads and DON'T look for encouragement to CONTINUE an affair or to make an affair seem OKAY. NOT HERE. Not gonna happen.

Last edited by Scotland; 07/09/10 10:15 PM. Reason: DUH. I forgot who I was talking to.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
L
L
Not sure what you 'need' to feel the hope so I'll take a wild stab in the dark smile

There are people who have recovered their marriages and have been happy for years.
There are people who are currently recovering their marriages and are happy
There are people who have just started recovery and are learning to feel safe again.
There are people who are in Plan B who are waiting for the affair to end but who are having spectacular personal recoveries.
There are people in Plan A who are just starting to learn about marriage and themselves.
There are others who are in between any of the above.

I would say in the majority, most regular posters on MB have made their peace with themselves and are living a good and fruitful life.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
Originally Posted by Redeem_Me
If you have any quotations, stories, songs, poems, etc., that can provide ENCOURAGEMENT for the hurting hearts, please post those here.

How about using your time here to learn the Marriage Builders program? We are not here to learn songs and poems, but how to save our marriages.

If you want to learn how to do that, I would suggest you start with the book Surviving an Affair. Keep your ears open, you have alot to learn!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
We are not here to learn songs and poems, but how to save our marriages.

It's surprising to me that I'm getting these type of responses. I truly just wanted to begin a list of encouraging words that people could quickly turn to in their time of struggle. That was my intent in posting this.

How sad. I'm struggling greatly right now, and people want to pick apart my desire to encourage others who are in a similar place of despair.

S
S
And why are you struggling right now? What is bothering YOU? Can we do something to help? Maybe we could suggest that you read the material here and LEARN how to SAVE your marriage and CREATE a BETTER marriage than you ever dreamed? Hmmmmmm That COULD be considered encouragement, NO?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M

It's surprising to me that I'm getting these type of responses. I truly just wanted to begin a list of encouraging words that people could quickly turn to in their time of struggle. That was my intent in posting this.

How sad. I'm struggling greatly right now, and people want to pick apart my desire to encourage others who are in a similar place of despair.

If you are struggling, how about picking up the book Surviving an Affair and learning how to save your marriage? Ask those who ARE NOT in despair how they resolved their marriage problems, that is the solution.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
[quote=

A good place to start would be in your own marriage since your husband was just told about your affair. What are you doing to heal your victim? What are you doing to resolve your own marriage problems?

Exposure 101

S
S
Redeem_Me, don't go anywhere yet. See this thread yet(I suppose You most likely HAVE). You know you are NOT alone.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2402865&page=1

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
I am new here but already I feel that there are not enough encouraging words being shared. We are all struggling one way or another. No marriage can be brought back together without a positive outlook. For me, my renewed faith in God continues to provide me hope for my shattered relationship. Let's encourage each other, too, okay? smile

Huh? I just read through your thread, here -- > LINK

I was expecting to see some 2x4s, but you got several encouraging posts.

Why didn't respond individually to any of the posters that reached out to you?

Did you read the link that was provided to you?

Music, for sure, helped get me through some really rough patches following dday. But reading the posts/articles/links here on how to save my marriage helped me a lot more.

Last edited by SusieQ; 07/09/10 11:02 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M

If you only knew what was being offered to you, you would beg for more of it.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation