Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2415952 08/12/10 07:53 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Hey sorry if this confuses people this is marinemom, I had to change my username due to H reading all my posts on here. Which of course gave him a heads up on all my plans.

A link to my story is in my signature line. Topic was the "after 2 yrs.....why now"

Is there a way to bump the old topic to this new name?

Me-25 FWW/BS (old name marinemom)
DH-25 BS/WH (user name DRO)
M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
D-Day 2 7/20/2010 (H's A)
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

NC yet to happen between H and OW........
R not yet able to happen.....Plan A-ing it for now

my story
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2102978#Post2102978

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2408314&page=1
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by marinemom
OK does anyone know of a good gps locator to use that ain't gonna skip around and place H across town when he isn't. I've been using 2 different locators for his phone and for the most part puts him where he is but then other times puts him clear across town. I started using a second one just so I would have 2 working since H was getting upset when I got upset about gps putting him across town instead of at work. The program always puts my phone where I am but it puts H across town sometimes when he is at work. I don't get it. I started using 2 so I could make sure it was the gps but then they both put him there and then one put him one place the other put him someplace other. I'M SO CONFUSED.

I want to begin to trust H again and R our M. H sent me a picture of him in front of the building at work holding another guys phone (for the time) to prove he was at work while the gps put him across town. This is driving me insane. What do I do?

I called his company gysgt today after i drove to H job during my lunch break but couldn't find him or get ahold of him on the phone to verify he was at work. His Gysgt reassured me that he keeps OW on a "very" short leash and does his best to keep them apart and limit any contact as much as possible. OW works directly for Gysgt. Gysgt said that she isn't even at work very much and only there when he needs her and then she is sent home while H is still working. So they aren't hooking up after work and Gysgt is making sure they aren't able to at work. He also told me that he informed OW that he knew about the A and that it better stop or else.

It makes me feel alittle better with the Gysgt watching them both and keeping her close to his side at all times while she is at work. He also told me he was nagging and still fighting the 1stsgt and sgtmaj about getting H transferred with him when he leave after this class ends. I still have my fingers crossed that they let H go after this class but it don't look good. 1stsgt said H is a good marine and don't want to let H go. Gysgt is trying to tell 1stsgt that what good will H be when his family is broken and falls apart due to them being selfish and wanting to keep H there.

One more week and I should get a response about H's transfer or not. Please send all your good wishes and prayers that they let him go. I really need them to so NC can be established.

I've been struggling with whether I should try and contact OWH again or leave it be. OWH got my email but choose not to contact me but instead called OW and asked her. I found this out from OW through a text message she sent H before she was confronted about me knowing. OW was actually texting me since I had H phone but she wasn't aware that I had it since H was with me and I had just confronted him. She stated that OWH got the email from me and then called her. OF course after she was confronted by me she claimed that her H knew about the A but I don't trust her at all so I'm not sure on whether I should bother trying again. OWH has my number since I put it in the email, now he could of put 2 & 2 together since in my email i said that I was H's wife and his wife works with my H and that he needed to call me asap that is was very important. So he might already know but I'm not sure. I have found out where he works and his work number finally since either his facebook account has been deleted or I've been blocked from seeing it (which OW did to me but when I logged onto H account she was still there).

Thoughts? Should I wait to see if H get the transfer first? Since if they don't I'm most likely going to expose fully. I refuse to let daily contact continue if I have a choice. I want to try it tackfully first and see if we can salvage H career but if they refuse to transfer H than it looks like I'll have to "play dirty."

Last edited by Fighting4Family; 08/12/10 08:13 AM.

M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

my story
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2102978#Post2102978

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2408314&page=1
F
OP Offline
F
H and I went to our first MC appointment today, finally. It went alright, got more outta this lady during the first 40 mins than we ever did with any of the other MC we've gone to which is good. H seemed happy with her approach, which is a first. Of course the MC said it's gonna take alot of hard work on our parts to R but as long as we are both willing to put the effort and time into it. I saw every one of DrH books on her bookshelf which was a good sign (for me at least). We each got "home work" to do separate from eachother and I'm also going to print out the EN worksheets and have us do them again (last done 2 yrs ago when I exposed my A.) I think my EN's priorities have changed some since then so I think we should do them again. I also want to have H do a NC letter to OW.
I know that full NC is unlikely since they still work together but I've talked to Gysgt and he is watching them and keeps C limited if at all and is watching them both so it gives me some piece of mind knowing that it's not like they can carry on the A with gunny watching.

H has his ups and downs with his mood. Sometimes H seems like he really wants to try but at other times he seems like he is ready to throw in the towel. His mood changes drive me insane and tick me off but I'm doing my best to avoid LB and not fight about everything.

M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

my story

S
S
Originally Posted by Fighting4Family
H has his ups and downs with his mood. Sometimes H seems like he really wants to try but at other times he seems like he is ready to throw in the towel. His mood changes drive me insane and tick me off but I'm doing my best to avoid LB and not fight about everything.

Because he is still in contact with the OW, I did this same thing when I was in so called "NC" with the OM, each time I would have contact I would have a set back in the marriage. I would get angry at wheels or be short tempered or I would just be sad and get depressed.

So when you say this then I see it as...

redflag redflag redflag

F
OP Offline
F
Today I got another twist of the knife in my back.....

H is now located right next to OW office now. Making it that much easier. For a week it'll be like that until the class is over. And the gysgt office is in the other building. AHHHHHHH!

M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

my story

W
W
I think you sould tell the officers in charge before they get assigned offices. Perhaps WH or OW requested said office. I'm sure your request will override either of theirs.

F
OP Offline
F
H don't have an office, OW does. H is in a squad bay with the students.

M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

my story

S
S
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns

Because he is still in contact with the OW, I did this same thing when I was in so called "NC" with the OM, each time I would have contact I would have a set back in the marriage. I would get angry at wheels or be short tempered or I would just be sad and get depressed.

So when you say this then I see it as...

redflag redflag redflag

I am going to repost this!!

THEY ARE STILL IN THE AFFAIR

F
OP Offline
F
I don't know...... I'm trying to give H the benifit of the doubt and wait until next week (tues) when the class ends and see what the verdict is about the transfer and if no than i think i'm gonna go to the command then. I wanted to try it this way first and see if this could work.

It's just every day that H goes to work it's like he twists that knife alittle bit more. The wound won't heal until they are in NC and I know that. If we can't get the transfer without telling than I guess I'll need to tell but I NEED the transfer to be able to R and I know that but I was wanted to try it this way first.

I know you all think I'm crazy for not exposing completely but i did to friends and family and to his company gysgt but i'm trying it this way first and i know it will most likely not work but at least i tried to do it quitely first.

M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

my story

K
K
There is no way to do it quietly! NO WAY! IT WILL NOT WORK THIS WAY!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
karmasrose #2416671 08/13/10 05:45 PM
F
OP Offline
F
yeah i'm begining to see that.

M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

my story

S
S
yeah i'm begining to see that.

Then what are going to do about it?

I KNOW you want this to work out. I understand how you feel right now. MOST BSs are AGAINST exposure when they first get here.

You are now starting to realize that COMPLETE FULL NC is NECESSARY to have ANY chance at recovery. Don't creep back into the fog of denial again please. You NEED to do the right thing here.

(((((F4F)))))

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Scotland #2417613 08/16/10 06:41 PM
F
OP Offline
F
If husband refuses to leave his job to establish NC with OW should I stick with plan A or move onto plan B? How long should I stay in plan A? I'm so confused. I really want to work on my M but I get mad about H still working with OW. Do I demand that he leave the job? But wouldn't that be LB. I don't know how I'm supposed to not get mad and upset about H still working with OW. I'm trying to do plan A but I can't help but get mad. I've started meeting H most important need SF. I've been doing my best to meet H needs but at the same time I'm trying to get H to leave his job and I try not to get upset but I can't stop myself and when H says that there isn't anything he can do and that he isn't willing to ruin his career but is trying to leave I get mad. I was told my the end of this class I would have an answer about the transfer (which is tomorrow). If the transfer don't happen what should I do? Which plan do I follow then. H claims all we do is fight but all we fight about is his working with OW and nothing else. I want/ I need him to have NC and that means one of them has to leave that job otherwise I can't start to R.

What do I do? Which plan do I follow?

I've asked H to complete another EN questionaire (last one done 2 yrs ago) and he finally did it but then didn't comment on any of the needs on how to change them or improve them. I made comments on each and every one. It don't seem like H is really trying. I'm trying but how long am I supposed to do it on my own until I just quit trying and give up. If H isn't willing to make the changes needed or follow the MB what else can I do?

Last edited by Fighting4Family; 08/16/10 06:46 PM.

M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

my story

S
S
The answer to your questions is that you follow Plan A until you enter Plan B or recovery. As long as your WH is working with OW, you treat it as an active affair, because it is.

Don't lose hope. Follow the plans.

So, to answer your question, PLAN A.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Scotland #2417626 08/16/10 07:39 PM
K
K
Plan A is only for a short time, however. 4-6 weeks for women last time I checked.

After that, you should move to a Plan B, to protect your love for your spouse.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
karmasrose #2417640 08/16/10 08:14 PM
F
OP Offline
F
ok I'm trying to be strong but it's hard not to get upset. I'm a very emotionally guided person so it's hard for me to hide my feelings and act happy when I'm really hurting and pissed inside. I'm going to keep trying harder but I don't think I can go thru another class and they pick back up on the 7th. I guess all I can do is keep trying and keep doing what I'm doing. I need to stop getting upset about him working with OW. According to plan A i shouldn't bring up the A at all? Am I understand that right? I should do everything I need to do but without getting upset about H still working with OW right? It's going to be REAL hard but I'm going to try. But I think it'll be a short plan A for me because it's hurts to much to keep this all inside and I've kept alot in already.

Thanks for all the advice and support. I'm trying ot get H to post on here himself but he says that nobody ever replied back to him so he just quit. I don't know but I'll just keep focusing on me I guess.

M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

my story

F
OP Offline
F
OK I've entered Plan B. I've asked H to leave until he is willing to truly work on our M and agree to NC. I've talked to legal regarding what H's punishment would be if I exposed. (of course gave no names or information they could use to find out who H is). Was told that H could recover from this career wise since it was early on in his career and since H wasn't a SNCO yet, it would delay promotion for awhile but as long as H was showing improvment and that he learned for the mistake that he would be able to advance in rank later. I know H don't believe me when I tell him that since he has seen it work differntly but that is why I wanted claification on what could happen before I took any action. I want to have all the facts and options infront of me and think it through clear headed and not do something based off of just my emotions.

I know most of you don't agree with my limited exposure but I'm trying to work on a compromise that would work for both H and I. I refuse to do nothing so something has to give on H's side. I've agreed to try limiting the exposure to H co-workers and bosses to prevent any njp or court martial that would cause loss of rank and pay for H but would give me the piece of mind that H is being watched at work and if NC is broken action will be taken otherwise the co-workers would be held liable if they didn't take action.
POJA, this is something I'm willing to try first and see if I can work with it this way. I know you don't agree but as long as H is willing to fully work on this M 100% and not half [censored] it but actually do the work and make the changes to get back what we had than I'm willing to do it this way.

My M means more to me than punishing H for his A. I can forgive the A, I honestly pretty much have in a sense just have that one hurdle to overcome before I can fully forgive him. I need that show of good faith and guarentee that the A is over and NC will happen, even though they might still see eachother in passing (I'll deal with that) as long as I have other ppl watching them and make the A very difficult to continue without H getting into serious trouble. Which I don't think H is willing to risk his career to continue to see OW, it really seems to of been a pure revenge A and nothing else.

If H agrees to do it this way I'll give it another class and see if doing it this way can work for me before I deside anything else.

M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

my story

W
W
Compromise builds resentment in a marriage. Limited exposure does no good, and plan B before a full exposure is not recommended. Trying to POJA this situation with a WH will get no where.

This is what I predict: Your WH is off the hook for commiting adultery. His affair will continue. In order not to lose rank, or his AP, he will gaslight you and say "I will do anything you want for our marriage." you will think you accomplish something, but in at least 2 months you will realize he is still at it.

[sarcasm] Glad your WH has received absolutely no punishment for his adultery, and that you wish he not suffer any consiquences of his actions. [/sarcasm]

Your faith is in someone who lied to you and had sexaul relations outside of your marriage, and is most likely still at it.

S
S
Originally Posted by Wheels_spinning
[sarcasm] Glad your WH has received absolutely no punishment for his adultery, and that you wish he not suffer any consiquences of his actions. [/sarcasm]

Ditto!

M
M
POJA, this is something I'm willing to try first and see if I can work with it this way. I know you don't agree but as long as H is willing to fully work on this M 100% and not half [censored] it but actually do the work and make the changes to get back what we had than I'm willing to do it this way.

POJA is never to be used when there is an affair, and most especially in the case of exposure. Exposure is to be done with no forewarning at all. Giving him warning only gives him a chance to pre-empt you by spinning the story. Put the POJA aside until the affair is over and you in recovery.

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
"There are two situations where I don't recommend radical honesty or the POJA: Abuse and infidelity. In the case of infidelity, if one spouse suspects the other, I have gone so far as to encourage hiring a private detective to help investigate, using spyware, keyloggers, putting a gps on the car, and all sorts of other snooping methods. If its found that the spouse is not guilty, I encourage revealing the snooping to the spouse. If found guilty, I encourage keeping spying techniques secret indefinitely"

Secondly, Plan B is a separation. If you are speaking to him you are not in Plan B.

My suggestion would be to learn about Marriage Builders and get a good understanding of the concepts. I don't think you understand this program.

Do you have Surviving an Affair?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation