Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
OP Offline
B
Anyone read the article on the couple who broke up both marriages and announced their own marriage in NY Times?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40763821/ns/today-relationships/from/toolbar

Feel sorry for the 5 kids...

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
M
M
trashy, trashy, trashy. The moral of the story is that you can put lipstick on a pig, but you still have a pig!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
I was watching the Today show this morning and when they showed that they were going to have these two people on, I changed the channel. AWFUL.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
OP Offline
B
I saw a little bit on MSNBC/Morning Joe this morning and it was like gawking at a car accident, at first I was staring at it and then I shook my head and said what am I doing and changed the channel!

Definitely twisted! But remember, as long as they are happy, that's what's important! I don't think when you meet your maker he/she says, well you caused a lot of pain and heartache, but that doesn't matter because you made yourself happy!

If that were the case, there is a lot of bad behavior that could be justified in the world.

ba

Me-49, WH-51
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
S
S
"We've had a lot of people tell us how brave we are to do this."

I don't think it's bravery, hun. It's actually the easy way out.

Maybe trying to save your marriage and raise your kids in a healthy environment would have been brave.

It's amazing what people will do once they have moral support from others... groupthink! If this other person thinks it's ok, it must be. Now you get validation from a handful of insane outsiders, and voila, no remorse.

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
S
S
B@$[censored]$!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by StuckWaiting
"We've had a lot of people tell us how brave we are to do this."

There is nothing "brave" about shagging a married man and destroying the lives of 2 families of children in pursuit of some nookie. Nothing "brave" about adultery. It is cruel, putrid dishonesty and thoughtlessness. The children of these 2 scumbags will never be the same.

Also, since they both endorse adultery, they can both expect affairs in their own future. 95% of affairs ever make it to marriage, 70% of those end in divorce under 5 years for the very reasons that made the affair possible: dishonesty, thoughtlessness and selfishness.

trashy, trashy, trashy...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
What they have taught their children is that anything is justified in the pursuit of happiness. What will she tell her daughter when she comes home and says giving blow jobs on the bus "makes her happy?" What will she tell her son when he says heroin "makes him happy?"

She won't be able to say a word... Not a word.

They have taught these kids that anything is justified and that it is ok to lie and cheat and take your panties off with married men. What great role models... sick

Exposure 101

S
S
Yup...generations of dishonest cheaters....Lovely.

I like the guys brand new Lexus across the street, its just sitting there, not being used....Hes not paying any attention to it, its just collecting dirt and snow....Now if I had that car, I would take care of it...He doesnt deserve that car, even though its his and he worked hard all his life to pay for it....Okay gotta go get me that Lexus, it will make me happy for Christmas....You guys dont think hell notice, do ya?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
R
R
Oh my!
Imagine sometime in the future when one of them meets yet another person they tell "I am in love with you." to.
Just imagine.
How civilized and brave would that be for the other?

LOL.

Sigh.

S
S
"Dear, I've decided to be brave and leave you for yet another partner I've fallen in love with. Please accept these divorce papers as my last brave gesture to you.

It's too bad you were not brave enough to find another lover before I did. Maybe you will find one soon, and can display your bravery by abandoning them also."

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
H
H
What incredible garbage these two are. I do hope the media follows them and researches them as there fantasy decompensates over the next few years. But will there next failure in marriage make the Today Show?
How pathetic that this is prime media news eiter in writing or in digital video.

Hurtingturkey
Too Damaged by WW's A to even describe myself or my family anymore

B
OP Offline
B
More garbage...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecu...m-regrets-scandalous-nyt-wedding-feature

Guess the WH must have been concerned about his image, day late and a dollar short! The WW is still sticking by the whole media roll-out...gross!

Me-49, WH-51
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
R
R
That second link is great! The BH mentions that it wasn't all so on the up and up as whitewashed.
I guess waywards really truly believe the fairy tales they tell and convince each other that if no one knows the truth...it doesn't exist.

In wayward logic......if no one sees them 'doing it' with each other while married to another.....they can rewrite to make their relationship more romantic and less horrible.

Last edited by reading; 12/21/10 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling

M
M
And the killer? They didn't think they were in an affair! What the hell did they think they were in??? faint

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
And the killer? They didn't think they were in an affair! What the hell did they think they were in??? faint

How exactly does one fall in lurve with someone else when they are married WITHOUT having an affair? think

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
E
E
I love it! Well the part about how the xWH actually is second-guessing his choice to reveal his "love" to the world in that article.

Of course we know there was no sex before the affairage right? (wink wink).

And notice those sweet, poor kids in the pic. Not one of them is smiling, and the older girl seems to have a scowl on her face. I feel those poor kids were forced to even be there. It just is a very sad photograph.

I sure hope the dad (xh) takes his xWW to court over the fact nobody asked him if he would want his poor children's photos in the pathetic article.

It's so funny. The XWH is now worried this might hurt his career. I bet they just had their first fight! He regrets the article, she-beast does not. I guess the horey-mooon is over.

Last edited by peachyisback; 12/21/10 11:47 PM.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
E
Bravo to the xBH who said this about his xww's trashy article:

Her ex-husband, unsurprisingly, feels differently. "People lie and cheat and steal all the time. That's a fact of life. But rarely does a national news organization give them an unverified megaphone to whitewash it," Bob Ennis told Bercovici on Tuesday. He said he wasn't "contacted or interviewed or given any opportunity to opine on any of it, including having my 7-year-old daughter's picture in the paper."

Ennis, described by Bercovici as "a media executive who has held high-level jobs at IAC and News Corp.," continued: "The idea that they'd fact-check a style story � I don't think that's incumbent on them. But there's a difference between that and publishing a choreographed, self-serving piece of revisionist history for two people who are both members of the media industry."

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
M
M

Exposure 101

M
M
My apologies to pigs for the insulting comparison. doh2

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation