Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2496660 04/11/11 05:31 PM
L
OP Offline
L
I just read this in an article at

[url=http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/84686][/url]

In April 2008, Kait Duplaga of White Plains, New York, and her roommates were the victims of a burglary. The thieves took anything electronic�video games, iPods, DVDs, a flat-screen TV, and a couple laptops. The police had no leads, so the chances of finding the stolen goods were slim. But Duplaga had an ace up her sleeve�she was employed as a �Genius� at a nearby Apple Store.
After Duplaga received a text message from a friend, congratulating her on the return of her laptop, she said she didn�t know what they were talking about. It turns out Duplaga wasn�t online, but her laptop was. Using another computer, she signed on to �Back to My Mac,� software that allows users to access their Macintosh computer over the internet. Her MacBook was indeed online, so she logged in and activated the built-in webcam. At first all she saw was an empty room. But soon, a man sat down in front of the computer and Duplaga was able to snap a picture of Ian Frias. Frias and his partner in crime, Edmon Shahikian, had recently attended a party at Duplaga�s apartment as guests of a mutual friend, and had obviously cased the joint while they were there. She turned the photo and the thieves� names over to police, who quickly apprehended the not-so-dynamic duo.

After reading this article, it occurred to me that, if a couple has a MAC computer with this "Back to My Mac" installed, an out-of-the-house WS could then spy on the BS.

Of course, it could also be a useful tool for the BS if the WS doesn't deactivate it.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
N
N
You have to modify the camera though. On MacBook cameras, there is a light that is hardwired to the camera that turns on when the camera is activated. You'd have to block the light so it wouldn't be obvious.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation