Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26
K
K
She wants to be Carrie Bradshaw.

Except Carrie had a cushy job and could flit about with her married boyfriend and any other guy she felt like being with. Because she didn't have any kids or anything.

And she was ...less than celibate.

I swear, I never could stand women like that.

Anyway, the point is that she wants to be single and "rich" and all that nonsense.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
P
Originally Posted by Brutallyhonest28
"I did not have an affair , it was simply a relationship within a relationship"

I had to get him to look up the word affair in the dictionary before he finally agreed that sleeping with a coworker while still married to me IS an affair.

This is EGG ZAK LEE why I often suggest calling the deed what it is ... ADULTERY.

I think "affair" is too wishy-washy.

T
T
WW: It's so frustrating. I can't find a job anywhere.

ME: Well, is there anything else you could send your resume out for besides being a schoolteacher? Could you work in an art gallery? What do you want to do?

WW: I want to write movies!

End scene.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
N
N
Pepper Affair, Adultry, Cheating all amounts to the same thing, weak individuals who havent got the galls to commit to a marriage and control themselves. Marriage is good but also requires work no matter how good it is. The Waywards simply don't know what work is and are selfish self centred immoral weaklings.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

H
H
Originally Posted by TryingEverything

ME: Well, is there anything else you could send your resume out for besides being a schoolteacher? Could you work in an art gallery? What do you want to do?

End scene.

rotflmao

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
H
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Originally Posted by TryingEverything

End scene.

rotflmao

Where is the Coen Brothers when you need them (great comedy for sure)

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
W
W
Me on his affair: "Why didn't you ever stop it!"

Him: "I did stop! Like 10 times!"

I do not think it means what you think it means.

Me: BS 42
Him: WS 44
Daughter 15, son 11
DDay 4/20/07
DDay#2 8/3or4/07 (love that I can't remember if it was the 3rd or 4th)
Recovering.
E
E
Here's a classic. I got this from him about 2 years after I discovered his cheating. He was by this time, divorced from me and married to the ow/wistress wifey.

Like Dr. Harley says, affairs die within 2 years and it (affairage now) was in its' death throes already by then, and he wanted out apparently.

So the dweeb (my xwh)tried to ask me out when he pretended I had to come and pick up my son immediately (feigned an emergency) b/c I was basically in a plan B/D/permanent F-U plan.

Darth: None of this worked out like I wanted it to. I'm so sorry. Can I take you out to dinner tonight? It could be a date. I just never thought I'd make such a big mistake.

Me: DARTH YOU ARE MARRIED. I don't date married guys.

Darth: It's not like I'm REALLY MARRIED. I mean, I married her because she was pregnant. It wasn't like I wanted to or anything.

Me: Was there a gun to your head at the courthouse?

Darth: No. But I'm NOT REALLY MARRIED to her and don't feel married so going to dinner or dating you doesn't count. BUT I WAS MARRIED TO YOU, and that did count.

Me: YOU ARE ON CRACK!(Angry peachy turns and walks away from a dumbfounded Darth).

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
E
So, the question apparently for my nutso xwh, Darth is this, "When pray tell sir, DOES A MARRIAGE count to you and WHEN is that marriage valid?" dontknow

I think if we asked many waywards this very question, we'd get some hilarious answers. Kinda like "Jaywalking" on Jay Leno. We just get somebody to ask this to various waywards and see what they say! rotflmao

The idiocacy and lack of ability to think clear is the hallmark of the foggy. Geez I am so glad I don't have to see or hear from him anymore! I love plan F-U smile dance2

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
N
N
Originally Posted by peachyisback
b/c I was basically in a plan B/D/permanent F-U plan.

Darth: None of this worked out like I wanted it to. I'm so sorry. Can I take you out to dinner tonight? It could be a date. I just never thought I'd make such a big mistake.

Me: DARTH YOU ARE MARRIED. I don't date married guys.

Darth: It's not like I'm REALLY MARRIED. I mean, I married her because she was pregnant. It wasn't like I wanted to or anything.

Me: Was there a gun to your head at the courthouse?

Darth: No. But I'm NOT REALLY MARRIED to her and don't feel married so going to dinner or dating you doesn't count. BUT I WAS MARRIED TO YOU, and that did count.

Me: YOU ARE ON CRACK!(Angry peachy turns and walks away from a dumbfounded Darth).

I'm sorry but this really mDe me laugh, I know I shouldn't but it's so stupid thT I can't help laughing.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

C
C
Me too Thanks for that peachy..

"Well I'm not REALLY married" Lol He shoulda added "Cuz I said so and I don't feel like it right now"

H
H
#1. "He is like the big brother I never had." (source... my current WW)

#2. "If you really love me you will be happy for me to be in love with him. I am not going to leave you, you know.: (source... my first WW)

P
P
Originally Posted by Brutallyhonest28
I'm sorry but this really mDe me laugh, I know I shouldn't but it's so stupid thT I can't help laughing.

This is a humor thread.
You're supposed to laugh.

H
H
On d-day H said "I tried so hard not to cheat THIS time."

Also on d-day: "I love you. I just don't think you love me."

N
N
Another gem from my WH

"why dont you go and cheat on me too so then we can be even"

wow he actually gave me his blessing to go sleep with another man, nice one, glad I had the dignity not to do something that stupid.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

T
T
One of my favourites was we have a connection, I should have realised it was his genitals to hers.

One of his nastiest, and I don't think he remembers it it was so awful, the day after Dday 1 (5 yrs ago) he was going to see her and I was doing hte whole awful shaking and tears falling out of my eyes rather than sobbing stuff we all seem to do,

"what are you going to do.......sit there and shake?

now that was when the alien was resident. I have my DH back now, and better than that I know that I will be fine on my own if he ever contacts her again!

He wouldn't say something like that today.

Me 50
WH 52
WH in A 6 yrs in total, last 5 yrs JGF (Not!)
DD final 1.12.10
NC letter sent 3.12.10

Working at being the best I can be, the rest is up to you.

He is still a plonker, but he is my plonker!
H
H
Must be the day today, but I thought of another one....
With my first WW...

Let me set the stage... We moved 850 miles away from POSOM who just happened to have been at one time my best friend....

"I MISS HIS CAR..."

That wasn't fog babble, that was tailpipe exhaust babble....

M
M
bump

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
I guess the craziest one is when stopping the A came up during MC session. Me - 'I asked you to stop the A - twice!' Her response - 'I did, both times.' Huh?

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
A
A
My WH to a friend who asked him about our separation

F: so you and Atena are separated and you have a girlfriend ah?
WH: yes I am seeing someone
F: and where you seeing her while still living with Atena and your son?
WH: I started to see her when told Atena I wanted to separate, not before
F: Yes, but you were still married and living with her
WH: I told her I wanted to separate, this marriage has been over for years.

To a work collegue at lunch break after we separated (we are not divorced) and he never had the decency to call my mom. Never spoke to her since separation (2 years)
C: I heard Italian mother in laws can be difficult
WH: I get along perfectly with mine.

rotflmao

atena
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation