Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Are you interested in learning about MB concepts?

Part of the reason that MB does not recommend dating while separated is (aside from the obvious, that you are still married) because it distracts you from healing and learning how to conduct yourself in future relationships. How to make the right choices in a partner and for future marriage.

You never had issues aside from you being a married man living with another woman, and her cheating on you with another man. Sir, this is like complaining the Titanic was perfect aside from a scratch in the side and a bit of water coming in.

You aren't seeing the glaring issues here and are focused on getting an apology from a girl who didn't respect fidelity in the first place.

If you use MB concepts, you can find that future wife who will be honest and loyal, or, you can try and turn this girl into something she never was. But you aren't going to attract a faithful loyal wife if you do not respect or honour those same concepts yourself.

If you still disagree with this, then I don't know what to say, because it would not follow MB thinking.

I
OP Offline
I
Thats good Alis. Im new here...barely 2 weeks of reading. Im slowly digesting all the concepts and it has helped me immensely improve my thinking.

I am reading almost daily to the point that work is getting delayed but I cant focus on my job anyway while my mind is troubled. So Im really hoping and praying that sanity returns to my life irrespective of the outcome of this relationship.

I would love for her to turnaround like I once did and we could build a MB thinking + Word of God life but at this point I will just stay in a short Plan A cause I believe that everyone deserves a chance. Perhaps I am an idiot smile

P
P
She may be The Titanic .... and her "turn around" will not happen in time to avoid striking the iceberg.

I
OP Offline
I
Shes already hit the iceberg. smile

Its a matter of whether shell get onto a raft before it leaves.

A
A
I totally get your feelings regarding your gf. We all have good qualities and we have some bad. That's being human. I'm in a struggle myself with my sig others "bad side." His great qualities are being shadowed by his ugly side.

I'm not new to MB as I hung out on just found out forum about ten years ago. (WOW, that long ago) and my ex had cheated on me. It was something that could not be fixed. I learned that we all have needs . And when needs are not met, they are sought.

When marriages end, it's very dangerous to jump back into a relationship right away. Doesn't matter how long the two of you were separated because there was some type of communication involved. Now what is more dangerous is that the two of you knew each other and I am sure she felt neglected as maybe she wanted to jump in a take the role of your ex wife. Once that wasn't happening, you're right, she took to someone that paid attention to her. Most definitely what she did was an act of selfishness and wrong.

What bothers me is that she's not being proactive in your approach to cutting your hours down to meet her needs. I feel that she doesn't want to come off as a B*tch to the other guy and that is exactly why she's acting this way,saving her own face as well as her job. She's toying him a long while you're on the sidelines.

By you contacting this OM, is just gonna make it worse. TRUST ME. It's not worth it.

Because the two of you are still living together, you two committed to each other. It's the step before the vows. Luckily the two of you aren't married, so if it were me, and the other guy was around, I'd find another place to live until she figures it out.

BELIEVE ME, I feel your pain right now. Fortunately, I don't live with my sig other of 4 years. He wants me in his life but I sometimes feel he just wants me IN his life. Make sense? I have an ex wife to contend with (fortunately not all the time) and my Sig other doesn't get boundaries. That is where you need to come in and set. Yes, plan A does work and it takes a lot of strength and I feel humiliation to get back on track. If this woman is worth a fight, then you might have to let go for awhile. frown

Been there and done with it!

BS-me 35
WS 38
suspicions 11/02
True D-day 3-24-2003

It's your life, you choose how you live it!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation