Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 67 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 66 67
E
E
It's realistic to be disappointed when you are looking forward to something that doesn't happen. frown

Anyway to find a back up in case it happens again? Is your sitter able to come at a different time to make up for it?

Kiss and I need to find a new sitter since my DD went to college. I checked out Care.com but didn't realize that there is a monthly fee. I might have to just pay the expense. What are your thoughts on dealing with the site and the potential sitters?

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
It's realistic to be disappointed when you are looking forward to something that doesn't happen. frown

Anyway to find a back up in case it happens again? Is your sitter able to come at a different time to make up for it?

Kiss and I need to find a new sitter since my DD went to college. I checked out Care.com but didn't realize that there is a monthly fee. I might have to just pay the expense. What are your thoughts on dealing with the site and the potential sitters?

We have had really a really good experience with it. You can do what I have done and just sign up for one month. Long enough to post a job and get a few qualified people lined up. After that, you don't need the site unless you need someone else.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen

She canceled 2 hours before she was supposed to come. She is now fired. smile We do have several backups so we have asked someone else to start coming on Tues and Thurs.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
Originally Posted by FightTheFight
<deleted> I need to quit complaining.

Just make sure you always do it respectfully. smile

I know when we had incidents like this I'd frequently find myself quite upset later on and learned to attribute it to my natural feeling of disappointment - and not take it out on my wife!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
F
OP Offline
F
We had another good date last night. We went to a place that is along the green way, has a great view of the city, and has live music on the patio outside. We were able to eat, talk, listen to the music, and watch the sun set and the city light up.

Things were kept light and fun.

W asked my mom to babysit for us Sunday afternoon. That made a LB deposit with me! And of course we have Saturday date night coming up. This will be our third week of getting our UA time up to an effective level.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
We had another good date last night. We went to a place that is along the green way, has a great view of the city, and has live music on the patio outside. We were able to eat, talk, listen to the music, and watch the sun set and the city light up.

Things were kept light and fun.

W asked my mom to babysit for us Sunday afternoon. That made a LB deposit with me! And of course we have Saturday date night coming up. This will be our third week of getting our UA time up to an effective level.

Fantastic, FtF - especially the fact your wife is now lining up babysitting. smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
I'm struggling with figuring out what specific EPs need to be in place for us after listening to mindmonkey's fWW on the radio show today.

"Eliminate the conditions that lead to the affair".

OK, how do I figure out what those were exactly? I mean a lot of stuff went on during the A.

For example, it was a workplace A in a public school. Was that a condition? She met him in the evening at least once while pretending to be grocery shopping. Was that a condition?

How can I distinguish between things that made the A possible and things that were just everyday type of things?

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
I feel like if we are going to move forward I'm going to have to make peace with her working again.

Last edited by FightTheFight; 10/23/13 06:23 PM.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
B
B
Ok she met him in a school, but how did they get to know each other? Were they in meetings together? Go to lunch? How did they meet each other's needs.

Have you read GloveOil's story? He met the OW in the church choir. They started practicing together, staying late and started having IC.

Have you read SAA? Jon and Sue? Sue met her AP Greg when working on a committee together and they would do projects and meetings together and privately.

You two need to build your marriage to where you are each other's favorite person/best friend/RC.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Ok she met him in a school, but how did they get to know each other? Were they in meetings together? Go to lunch? How did they meet each other's needs.

I don't know if I have the exact answers to these. I was told so many different stories I'm not sure which one is true. I would get told one thing and then I would discover something else and then the story would change.

I'm pretty sure he worked across the hall from her as much as two years prior and they talked in between classes. I don't know about after school. At some point she was eating lunch with him but I don't know if this was before or after the A started. At least once they went on a fieldtrip together and sat together on the bus talking. They were together on teacher work days. No idea about meetings other than the meeting all teachers went to once a week.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
I feel like if we are going to move forward I'm going to have to make peace with her working again.

I felt this way too. But let me qualify that feeling. For three months without her working we were getting 25 hours a week UA time. During the later parts of this time it was 100% (and consistant) enjoyable for both of us. Today there is no one we would rather spend time with than eachother. We are consistantly meeting all four of the intimate emotional needs DAILY (maybe skip one every handful of days). Only then did I feel safe with her returning to work.

My thought on your situation is your W is not in love with you yet. She actually seems pretty far from it. How's it going to be any better when she starts to work? I really think you have to be in better place before you introduce ANY additional complexities in your R.

You know FC better than anyone though. As an honest question: Why do you think her returning to work is required for you to "move forward" as you say?

Me: BH, 36 Military Officer
FWS: 36, repeat offender
Married: Valentine's Day 1998
DD-15/ DS-10
Almost recovered and ahead of schedule
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by MindMonkey
How's it going to be any better when she starts to work?

Maybe it will improve her state of mind. She doesn't like being home with our daughter all day.

You know FC better than anyone though. As an honest question: Why do you think her returning to work is required for you to "move forward" as you say?

Because she wants to do it and I've never said to her that she couldn't work again anywhere. All I have done is be honest about her suggestions on returning to work in the same job she was in before as a school teacher. I believe that environment contributed to the A in the first place. For sure the profession has higher rates of infidelity than other types of work. I wouldn't be happy about her working as a policeman, traveling salesman, flight attendant, or <cough> in a hospital either.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
or <cough> in a hospital either.

Thanks, I got a chuckle out of that. Yep, it was a hard call for me, but we did change venue quite a bit. fWW is at a day procedure facility without doctors. Just goes in, puts the patients to sleep and makes sure they don't stop breathing. No time for gossip and no doctors playing flirty. Maybe not a complete change, but a step in the right direction.

Don't mistake me. I KNOW some women (mine included) would go nuts at home all day everyday. We were doing well when she started back up (yesterday) but I had a feeling her state of mind would go south (and take our M with it) if she didn't start work ASAP. I will say - and we're only two days into it - it was HARD having her go back. Not so much that I'm afraid she'll cheat again, but because there's a pretty big hit to the UA time. We had some RC yesterday (four mile run), I made a good dinner, the kids cleaned up, and I helped DS9 with a pretty dumb school project. By then, W was beat and my hopes for some SF quickly evaporated...C'est la vie. Maybe today will bring better luck.

Funny you mention flight attendant. Before I knew what W was capable of, I always thought she would make a good one. She's very procedure oriented and cheerful. Now...over my dead body.

DD-15/ DS-10
M
M
Before I knew what W was capable of

We're all capable of having an affair.

N
N
fWW is at a day procedure facility without doctors. Just goes in, puts the patients to sleep and makes sure they don't stop breathing. .

Wow, I really read that wrong the first go-around!

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

M
M
Originally Posted by markos

100x agree. Sad I had to learn this the HARD way. So many of us (including the WS) have to.

Famous last words: "I would NEVER cheat on my W/H. What kind of evil person does that?"

Answer: Anyone without appropriate EPs.

DD-15/ DS-10
C
C
Originally Posted by markos

100x agree. Sad I had to learn this the HARD way. So many of us (including the WS) have to.

Famous last words: "I would NEVER cheat on my W/H. What kind of evil person does that?"

True. And why I remain empathetic to my fWH. Because it coulda been me.

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
B
B

Agree x1000

It coulda been me also, if the right person had come along to meet the right needs....we both exposed ourselves to this and didn't protect our M.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
F
OP Offline
F
Well, we decided to stop the monthly sessions with Dr Chalmers and instead do the online course. We purchased the accountability coaching as well.

Right now we have a few issues to still work through. One is the issue of my W wanting to get out of the house during the day and away from being a SAHM. It is driving her crazy and contributing to her depression. Another issue is that we need to bring in some more income to support all of this going out on dates and hiring babysitters.

So the obvious solution is for her to get a job somewhere during the day. The trouble there is finding something that is good for the marriage and at the same time can bring in enough money to cover the cost of daycare.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
Page 49 of 67 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 66 67

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation