Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 74 of 74 1 2 72 73 74
B
B
Here is a thread and some radio clips. Resentment Type A and B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by happyheart
Originally Posted by Remark
I truly do and I do believe in Harley principles. I am ashamed of the 20 yrs of neglect that have hurt JD2D so much. I know how happy, delightful and loving, she can be from years back, before her hurt/pain. I seem to be the cause of her unhappiness.

Remark, this was a beautiful and loving description of your wife. Go with that. She is mother to your children. Can you visualize how lovely it would be if the two of you could enjoy your grandchildren together?

Originally Posted by Remark
Yes, I feel like a very steep, if not impossible, "hill to climb" stands in front of me.

It is true, I have not done a good or consistent job of logging entries in my log. I have more than three entries, but less than the 45-60 days since Steve and I talked about it. Most days, I don't even have much communication/contact with her. So, I don't have anything to log most days. And, when my last exchange with her was so unpleasant, I just don't have the backbone or whatever to engage or initiate even a conversation because inevitably, it will turn negative. (I know Dr H supports complaining, but there has to be a balanced with healthy EN's being met, right?) As lonely as I am, I feel less alone when NOT in her company, than I do when in her company, ( if that makes sense.)

Remark,
I can totally understand that you are apprehensive and not quite enthusiastic about having conversations with your estranged wife.
I do not even think that conversation between the two of you is a fruitful idea. Conversation tends to be pleasant when people have good will towards each other. And good will develops after love bank deposits have been made.

Do focus on making love bank deposits in other ways, that involve no or limited conversation. I listed these ideas in a previous posting.
Does her car need repairing or a check? Propose to do that for her and do not be discouraged if she says no.
Ask your son for ideas about what she could use or would enjoy. It would also help your son to learn how to be caring about other people, to help him in future relationships.

Think about someone you do not like yourself. How could such a person wiggle their way into your life? What should they do to lure to into trips/dates with them?

If I were to give you a million dollars if you could get your wife to go to Disneyland with you, how would you do it?

Could you give me 3 ideas that you could propose to your wife?
__

Remark, a close-knit family seems to be very important to you. I notice that you have a blind spot though. One day, your children will be in your position. They will want to visit grandpa and grandma, which will be you and JDTD, with their children.

Please realize the consequences of a divorce on your future family: dividing Christmas between the in-laws, your house and JDTD's house, having awkward family functions, etc.

A close-knit future family is one of the positive effects of the worthy cause of reconciliation with JDTD.

Thanks, HH,

That's good advice. Do realize that JD2D is the stepmother to my first four children and mother of the 15 yr old.

I invited her to go boating, even for just a day, over the Labor Day weekend, as we have done every Labor Day weekend for our 21 years. She declined. I was disappointed, but not discouraged.

I'll invite her out this coming weekend. (I have an idea she might like.)

I'll also ask her out for dinner this week.

The week before last, the night she had class until 9:30, I sent dinner home with her as she picked up our son from my place.

Meanwhile, this past weekend, my mother fell and broke her hip. Arghh!

Thanks,
Remark

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by goody2shoes
A radio fragment that might help you, the difference between resentment type A and B is explained by Dr. H.
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=3589

Thanks, goody,

Am listening to them now.

Thanks again,
Remark

M
M
You've done great inviting your wife to spend time with you, Remark, but don't miss the important issues:

Originally Posted by markos
Remark your two big issues are disrespectful judgments and independent behavior. Your actions regarding your family involve both.

If you want your marriage to succeed, all disrespectful judgments and all independent behavior need to be eliminated. There's not really anything else to work on as long as these are present.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 74 of 74 1 2 72 73 74

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation