Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 72 of 108 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 107 108
A
A
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
And more importantly, you have sucker punched the OM without directly contacting him. Everything you said to her will be reported back to him. He will be second guessing his affair with your wife and asking if it's worth all this trouble.

Sweet. Like Sue in the book, "Surviving an Affair", the OM will find your wife to be too much trouble. All the fun of their sleazy affair has been sucked out and they are now left with only the sleaze.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
M
M
Originally Posted by armymama
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
Why do I feel bad for her, why, why do I have a heart and a conscience. why do I feel her pain right now.

Because you have empathy. Waywards are SO self-centered that they have little or no empathy, only their own selfishness. Think about crack addicts that you have encountered at work. One of the most amazing things to me was the similarity between wayward and addict behavior. The comparison is striking.

AM

So agree, army mama. As a recovering alcoholic I marveled at how alike an active alcoholic is to a wayward. I think that inside track has helped me immensely in seeing through the fog. It takes one to know one. grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by armymama
And more importantly, you have sucker punched the OM without directly contacting him. Everything you said to her will be reported back to him. He will be second guessing his affair with your wife and asking if it's worth all this trouble.

Sweet. Like Sue in the book, "Surviving an Affair", the OM will find your wife to be too much trouble. All the fun of their sleazy affair has been sucked out and they are now left with only the sleaze.

AM

Affairs are no fun when everyone is looking!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
She is pissed, she is now saying the way I treated her and SS has caused her enormous pain and thats why I am divorcing you, its over get it through your head its your fault and stop blaming everyone else. She even sent another one telling me to get out of the house and she is sick of me harassing and stalking.. Apparently I caused some more conflict in fantasy land. she called

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
A
A
Thankfully, I had not had that experience. But, during my H's affair, I learned a great deal about addiction. And I think another one of Dr. Harley's great strengths is his experience from running addiction treatment centers and his application of the principles to infidelity.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
A
A
She is pissed, she is now saying the way I treated her and SS has caused her enormous pain and thats why I am divorcing you, its over get it through your head its your fault and stop blaming everyone else. She even sent another one telling me to get out of the house and she is sick of me harassing and stalking.. Apparently I caused some more conflict in fantasy land. she called

It will drive her nuts if you turn your phone off right now and don't answer her text. And if she asks why, tell her you were enjoying a quiet evening in your home.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
M
M

Another blow to fantasy land!

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I just feel like saying something to her, I guess yesterday was just her getting her fix from me, I don't even know what to make of yesterday anymore, I almost feel foolish for allowing me to fall for this, or was there something she needed from me, I gave her affection we had intimate conversation, SF, quality time, I cooked. She even said it was great as long as we don't bring up the problems.

Its interesting in HNHN, he talkes about letting go of problems, My wife will hang on to the problem for ever, even if we resolve it. I remember when we got married just befor we walked down the alter, we told eachother we will do everything and anything to keep from getting divorce, we will work on our Marriage. It never happened. Here I am fighting like I have never fought in my life. I'm amazed at everything, what was monday all about when I didn;t answer her. I probably need to pull back some.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
I havent responded to any of those text. I like how she said she forward all the text to my medical section SGT. lets just get one thing straight, that department does not own me.

The funny thing is my wife told me the same thing when I was in the hospital, that the department acts like they own you and can do anything with you. but there she is blowing smoke up my butt saying she forward those text. I'm starting to get sick to my stomach for the way she is acting, its such a turn off. I even notice little things just set her off and she starts swearing the f word etc...she never use to talk like this, what is it, the stress, the OM, what. I don't swear at home, I do at work.

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 04/10/14 09:20 PM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
I know you are pissed and hurt right now but you tried to believe someone who doesn't have your best interests at heart right now, she is still the alien�.
Monday was a good thing she is still your wife and you shared a great day together.
WD she is in conflict even through all her anger��..She now must know that affair is going no where there is no way she can convince people it was just a friendship that she is going to have to own it��..
Do not leave your home, she is the one that left, let her stay out of the house�
she is just trying to strong arm you, just tell her you are so disappointed in her �.
I think your right I would pull back a lot so she knows this is unacceptable this is where you want her, now she has to choose not just hide���.
She is going to say all kinds of awful things you can take that but you can't take that affair continuing. So the blow to it is awesome.
sit tight now, let her come to you, if she blows up your phone ask her to leave you alone that the pain is to great with the news you received.
Leave it at that with no contact for a couple of days.

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
M
M
I just feel like saying something to her, I guess yesterday was just her getting her fix from me, I don't even know what to make of yesterday anymore, I almost feel foolish for allowing me to fall for this, or was there something she needed from me, I gave her affection we had intimate conversation, SF, quality time, I cooked. She even said it was great as long as we don't bring up the problems.

This is a good thing, not a bad thing. You are causing confusion about the affair by being so kind to her. You leverage that by causing conflict in the affair when you can. She desperately needs to keep the affair secret so her fantasy will thrive. By telling her you know, you throw more acid on her fantasy.

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Jess, thanks I know, I will just sit back for now. I don't know how she ever thought that she could bring him to light, how?, she told everyone he was just a friend. You get divorce and then a month later high everyone this OM, and everyone will know oh thats the guy WD said she was having an affair with, and he was sent to a mental hospital for telling everyone she was having an A, he was telling the truth. Thats when people will hate you for what you have done. Whats funny is why would I lie about her having an affair. I have owned up to all my wrong doings in this M. Wife keeps thinking its my fault and thats why sheis having an A.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W

This is a good thing, not a bad thing. You are causing confusion about the affair by being so kind to her. You leverage that by causing conflict in the affair when you can. She desperately needs to keep the affair secret so her fantasy will thrive. By telling her you know, you throw more acid on her fantasy.

why do I feel like someone is throwing acid into my stomach right now. I can't believe more people haven't heard of Dr. Harley and exposing affairs. I see why to do it, so it kills it. it maks so much sense even though it doesn't feel right to cause so much conflict and drama. I have had enough for a life time.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
She got that mad that I knew what she was doing while I was in a mental hospital while she was playing house with OM. My life everything was at stake and thats where she was. How the heck could she keep a straight face, knowing that I could of been there awhile. I would like to know her roll in this. Nevermind, I have been in her shoes, I know how it feels, how selfish you become.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I like how everytime she gets mad at me she wants me out of the house. I bet being at GF she cant get to crazy over there. she might scare her Gf. It blows my mind that her GF BF cheated on her and she threw him out and she has no problem having my wife a cheater in her house.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
why do I feel like someone is throwing acid into my stomach right now. I can't believe more people haven't heard of Dr. Harley and exposing affairs. I see why to do it, so it kills it. it maks so much sense even though it doesn't feel right to cause so much conflict and drama. I have had enough for a life time.

Our culture believes very much in facilitating affairs and we have been brainwashed into acceptance. That is why 60% of marriages experience affairs. It is just amazing.

Have you ever watched a movie and thought it was so "romantic" and then years later realized how revolting it really was? One that comes to mind is Bridges of Madison County, one of the filthiest, vilest movies around. It is a romanticized movie about an old wh*re who does some loser in her HUSBAND'S OWN BED while he is away at the county fair with their children. What in the world is romantic about that?? crazy

And just think about the kind of morality that dictates keeping a known affair secret from the betrayed spouse with the excuse of "I don't want to hurt him! Its none of my business!" Would we apply that odd logic to crimes like embezzlement or child molestation?

"Oh, I don't want to tell my neighbor his bookkeeper is stealing him blind because I don't want to hurt him."

Who would ever accept that kind of morality? Yet, people say this every day about victims of adultery. It makes no sense whatsoever that these odd "rules" are applied to such a despicable act.

In short, the notion that we should keep adultery a big secret is the doctrine of devils. I believe that with all my heart.

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I'll bet OM has a neighbor in mind who would be leaking information. He's probably looking out the window right now.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
There used to be laws on the books against adultery. It is still against the law to commit adultery in Michigan, by the way. Dr Harley believes people should go to jail for committing adultery. Especially people who have affairs with the spouse of a deployed soldier. He thinks they should get 10 years!

Exposure 101

M
M
I'll bet OM has a neighbor in mind who would be leaking information. He's probably looking out the window right now.

rotflmao rotflmao

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W

Our culture believes very much in facilitating affairs and we have been brainwashed into acceptance. That is why 60% of marriages experience affairs. It is just amazing.

Have you ever watched a movie and thought it was so "romantic" and then years later realized how revolting it really was? One that comes to mind is Bridges of Madison County, one of the filthiest, vilest movies around. It is a romanticized movie about an old wh*re who does some loser in her HUSBAND'S OWN BED while he is away at the county fair with their children. What in the world is romantic about that?? crazy

And just think about the kind of morality that dictates keeping a known affair secret from the betrayed spouse with the excuse of "I don't want to hurt him! Its none of my business!" Would we apply that odd logic to crimes like embezzlement or child molestation?

"Oh, I don't want to tell my neighbor his bookkeeper is stealing him blind because I don't want to hurt him."

Who would ever accept that kind of morality? Yet, people say this every day about victims of adultery. It makes no sense whatsoever that these odd "rules" are applied to such a despicable act.

In short, the notion that we should keep adultery a big secret is the doctrine of devils. I believe that with all my heart.

Adultry was punished by death, now its encouraged. My wife bought me two real nice bibles prior to coming and visiting me saturday in the hosp. I thought wow she was thinking of me. The devil has my wife right now, I positive of that. I do know if I would done nothing, she and POSOSM would of went on about there business and then one day the Devil came up behind them and blew their flame out. Now how long would that of been not sure. I had to do something.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Page 72 of 108 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation