Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks everybody! Please pray that this job comes through for me! !

Both: 47yo, married 22 yrs, ddays: jan 00, aug 06, aug 14, may 18, physical affairs started nov 01, 2 daughters 27yrs & 18yrs
Divorce will be filed soon
P
OP Offline
P
His excuse for seeking out these women is that I don't meet his needs even though he agrees we were best friends, didn't really fight, no money or sex problems, shared goals and dreams...etc.

Both: 47yo, married 22 yrs, ddays: jan 00, aug 06, aug 14, may 18, physical affairs started nov 01, 2 daughters 27yrs & 18yrs
J
J
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Your husband has affairs because a) he has no boundaries around women and b) you have been enabling him for years.

Forget about his excuses. This is the reason why he has affairs.

M
M
Originally Posted by confusedteacher
Thanks everybody! Please pray that this job comes through for me! !

I am praying that you follow the advice on this thread:

1. expose his multiple affairs
2. get another job asap
3. go into Plan B
4. move away

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
His excuse for seeking out these women is that I don't meet his needs even though he agrees we were best friends, didn't really fight, no money or sex problems, shared goals and dreams...etc.
Have you seen this? Please Explain Gaslighting

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
I

You don't meet his needs. He has a need to be with a variety of scum and you cannot fulfill that need!

He's been cheating on you for over a decade. If you were in any way sub par he would have left.

It's really up to you if you want this for life.

Last edited by indiegirl; 10/24/14 01:52 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S
I have went into my typical go to trauma response mode---fawn. I have been doing plan A behaviors even though he doesn't deserve it in my mind. He has even said I am perfect. I did deviate from plan A when it came to my attention that is was still using the KIK app and was confiding about us to one of his female 16 year old students. At that point I filed for divorce.

Expose him at work, including this, and you will no longer be working next door to him.

Are you living in a covenant with death? With bitterness in your marriage? Read Isaiah 28. The bed will not be long enough or the covers wide enough for you to ever find comfort in that life. In Isaiah 28, God tells you to take a stick and beat these conditions out of your life.

Isaiah 28:29 "This [command] also cometh forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working."
S
S
Whatever it was he confided about the 16 year old, it must have been far more than they crossed paths in the hallway since it caused you to file for divorce.

Last edited by Sunnytimes; 10/24/14 08:10 AM.

Are you living in a covenant with death? With bitterness in your marriage? Read Isaiah 28. The bed will not be long enough or the covers wide enough for you to ever find comfort in that life. In Isaiah 28, God tells you to take a stick and beat these conditions out of your life.

Isaiah 28:29 "This [command] also cometh forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working."
U
U
Originally Posted by Sunnytimes
I have went into my typical go to trauma response mode---fawn. I have been doing plan A behaviors even though he doesn't deserve it in my mind. He has even said I am perfect. I did deviate from plan A when it came to my attention that is was still using the KIK app and was confiding about us to one of his female 16 year old students. At that point I filed for divorce.

Expose him at work, including this, and you will no longer be working next door to him.

Alarming! He really has no business working around impressionable young people, with such a low moral compass. I would expose him at work immediately too, because as a teacher YOU also have an obligation to protect students from harm, and his lack of morals and the fact that he confides this to female students is harmful.

I
I
Definitely expose this. If he is this indiscrete the whole school will be talking about him and you are implicated if you do not report it.

P
OP Offline
P
My administration have been given a heads up by a friend I work with and they have not even followed up on it. She is in his room alone with him every prep hour--with the door shut and STILL nobody has "swung by" to see what's up. Not much more I can do unfortunately. frown

I went back and read all the posts I posted under the username Teddy Bear back in 2000. What a heartbreaking thing. Mitzi...you DID post back and forth with me then. Absolutely NOTHING has changed since then. His words are the same...my actions are the same. How upsetting to know I have been stuck in this sick cycle for so long.

What the heck is WRONG with me?

Please continue praying that this other job opportunity works out for me. If it does...I will most likely be able to take a leave of absence with all of my sick days until the next job starts. That would be a blessing of EPIC proportions!!

L
L
My administration have been given a heads up by a friend I work with and they have not even followed up on it. She is in his room alone with him every prep hour--with the door shut and STILL nobody has "swung by" to see what's up. Not much more I can do unfortunately. frown

Baloney!!!

There is plenty YOU can do.

YOU contact the administration and expose his history.

YOU contact the childs parents and put them on alert so they can protect their daughter.

Now, by doing nothing, you are an accomplice to whatever transsires when you could have saved this poor immature child.

LTL

P
OP Offline
P
I have no proof of anything except he has confided in her that we are separated and that he lets her work in his room alone every day on his prep--door shut. She is in front of the window of the door though.

Our school has no rule/policy against this. The administration is aware but hasn't done anything.

I
I
Go over the schools head, alert the education authority, police or social services. Isnt there a whistle blowing policy? My God do something. This poor girl can't.

I
I
The school needs to hear it from you accompanied by proof of his affairs. Tell them you're leaving but they need to know this.Why did you get a friend to do it?

S
S

This is referring to a high school student?

You are in a position to protect her, and she needs your protection.

Is there a reason you haven't walked up to open the door yourself?

Her parents need to know immediately. There are few things so heartbreaking as picking up the pieces with your child after being violated sexually. Even if she thinks she is willing (it was not forceful rape), in time she will realize how taken advantage of and used she was by this older man, and it will be a traumatizing thing for her to get through.

If I were the parent and this came to my attention, I would have two punches to deliver - and two people I could probably never forgive. One to the jerk who violated my daughter, and one to the person who knew of it during and stood by.

Last edited by Sunnytimes; 10/24/14 11:48 AM.

S
S
Even if she is in front of the door the whole time (and who is watching the WHOLE time), clearly he is softening her up.

What adult male wants to spend that much time alone with a 16 year old for no reason?

Edited to add: And especially an adult male who already did something so out of line with a different 16 year old that it caused you to file for divorce.

Last edited by Sunnytimes; 10/24/14 11:54 AM.

S
S
Maybe let the administration know in WRITING that your WH is a sex addict and a serial cheater and you know he has already crossed the line with this 16 yr old.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S

Has your WH's serial cheating been exposed to your daughters?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
OP Offline
P
I didn't get a friend to do it. She just did it first because the opportunity presented itself before I could.

Admin knows about the serial affairs too. Daughters know age appropriate details.

This is the same 16 year old who caused me to file. There aren't two.

I have told him it is wrong for her to be in there with the door closed...he thinks I'm just being controlling. I have no leg to stand on though because technically there are no rules/policies against this. I looked and he isn't the only male teacher who does this. The only thing I know 100% is that she brings him lunch/coffees and that he has confided in her that we are separated.

Last edited by confusedteacher; 10/24/14 12:16 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 893 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation