Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29
L
OP Offline
L
Court called and instructions sent to IM. We both need to sign something and H has to go there in person to get the printout of the judgement and then file it after signed since we don't have lawyers to do that. He seems highly motivated to end this so hopefully he'll move fast and it will be wrapped by xmas vacation.

L
OP Offline
L
H is going in tomorrow to get it started.

S
S
That is GREAT news Luna!!!!!

Now all that is left is to keep working on you Plan Luna away rcoaster

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
That is GREAT news Luna!!!!!

Now all that is left is to keep working on you Plan Luna away rcoaster

Thank you! Love that image. smile

J
J
Originally Posted by luna_alpha
H is going in tomorrow to get it started.

Good.
Have you started to read Buyers Renters Freeloaders?

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight

Thanks for the nudge. I just bought the kindle edition so I can read it on my phone and always have it with me.

M
M
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight

Thanks for the nudge. I just bought the kindle edition so I can read it on my phone and always have it with me.

You will really love this book! It was an eyeopener for me.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
You will really love this book! It was an eyeopener for me.

It has been so far. Definitely not a match with my soon to be ex on at least one of those five dimensions. It was challenging in that regard.

He went to the courthouse last week and I should get my papers to sign on Monday. If all goes well, it could be filed and done by as early as the end of next week. Feeling surprisingly okay with it. It is just so much more peaceful and happy on my own, makes it hard to regret this new beginning.

S
S
Once again great news and from someone whose life was over just a few short months ago laugh

L
OP Offline
L
Haha! Thanks for the laugh, SC.

The funny thing is I sing all the time now. I haven't cried since being in that town. I actually wonder sometimes at how happy I am - much more than when I was in the relationship.

I
I
It was just the same for me. You will get substantially happier each week, each month too. I wondered at how happy I was early in Plan B. Today I am four times happier than that.

I 'll never be unhappily in love ever again and I doubt you will either.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

L
OP Offline
L
I hope so. Even today, when I am getting the final paperwork notarized and sent back, I am only a little bit down, and that might even be from the quarter being over.

I am going to be single in less than two weeks. Holy cow!

P
P
Wow, your divorce will be finalized so quickly! In CA, it takes a minimum of 6 months, more like 9 months to 1 year!

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
L
L
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
Wow, your divorce will be finalized so quickly! In CA, it takes a minimum of 6 months, more like 9 months to 1 year!

Here in NY, it can take up to 10 years. Mine only took 6 years, I was lucky in that XH made a mistake and forgot to perfect one of his appeals.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
L
OP Offline
L
Wow, ten years, that is crazy. A girlfriend in CA told me it took her two years - and they agreed on everything! What the what?

I should count my blessings this happened in a small town, in a small state. I mean, I could call the court clerk she'd look up my case by number and tell me what we needed to do. And so far the H has cooperated - he is probably thinking it's a miracle I'm cooperating. As long as it's done...

Last edited by luna_alpha; 12/10/14 04:00 PM.
L
L
Wow, ten years, that is crazy. A girlfriend in CA told me it took her two years - and they agreed on everything! What the what?

I should count my blessings this happened in a small town, in a small state. I mean, I could call the court clerk she'd look up my case by number and tell me what we needed to do. And so far the H has cooperated - he is probably thinking it's a miracle I'm cooperating. As long as it's done...

Yes crazy, we only got no fault divorce three years ago. But you are so right to get this done quickly, he is very likely to get cold feet. Best have the feet grow cold after you have his signature on the document :-)

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
L
OP Offline
L
Today has been harder than I thought it would be. I have two hours I could work, but between deadlines for school and THIS, I need a night taking it easy. A movie on my computer while sitting in bed (the TV isn't setup yet).

It has been stressful living out of boxes, that doesn't help. At least I got my much beloved desk setup and have had that comfort.

It's nice for you guys to say he'd get cold feet. To be honest, it has hurt a great deal that he is so adamant that this is what he wants. I'm going on blind faith on what you guys have said that there is better out there. Sometime I can see it clearly... other times, like tonight, it is just trust.

His brother did respond to my message on Facebook a while back and said that I had been a valued member of their family for five years and he understands why I was distancing myself (I told him for healing). That was nice. A lot nicer than most of the things the H said in the last six months.

So yes, I'm getting that signature and everything filed. I paid to send the paperwork overnight just to be sure he got it before the final day he could file it (next Tuesday). He can always change his mind later and decide to become a buyer with me, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll probably find a better match before that happens -at least I'm going to try. wink

Last edited by luna_alpha; 12/10/14 09:48 PM.
L
OP Offline
L
omg... feeling the stress now. Sent the paper work back over night yesterday and my IM passed on the news and getting zero response from the other end. It's making me nervous. Just want this to be over so I can move on and date.

J
J
omg... feeling the stress now. Sent the paper work back over night yesterday and my IM passed on the news and getting zero response from the other end. It's making me nervous. Just want this to be over so I can move on and date.

Don't saddle up that horse yet!
Let it rest in pasture for a while!

L
OP Offline
L
Haha, thanks.

Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation