Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
OP Offline
S
MelodyLane, I understand all of that. Maybe my question isn't clear. I'm trying to again say that I do not feel safe falling back in love with him at this time. I do not think that is a good idea for our long term success because of the risk of us falling back into old patterns or him holding even more resentment toward me because he doesn't quite understand or buy into this concept of separating his ENs from mine. IOW, fulfilling my needs doesn't equate to me owing him something. I will do things for him because I'm in love with him and want him to be happy. This, I believe, is where I have sorely failed in our marriage. I did love him, but I think I did things for him (sex and allowing him to do things that hurt me) out of guilt and obligation.

*Me - 38
*Him -37
*Met 1/15/99; engaged 12/24/03; married 8/22/04
*DS 6/2/05, DD 12/3/07, DD 2-29-12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you lose the honesty, you lose the marriage. --Smile
S
OP Offline
S
He has never been my "hero".

*Me - 38
*Him -37
*Met 1/15/99; engaged 12/24/03; married 8/22/04
*DS 6/2/05, DD 12/3/07, DD 2-29-12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you lose the honesty, you lose the marriage. --Smile
D
Administrator
Administrator
D
SmileADay, since there is not a question being asked of posters, we are going to lock this thread. If you change your mind and decide to use the Marriage Builders program, please let us know and we will unlock it so you can get help and guidance in the steps. Thank you.

MBDenali@gmail.com
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation