Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2866323 09/23/15 12:56 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi all,

Some of you might remember me (CV). I was here a few years ago because of an A my wife had. I want to report that we are doing very well. In full recovery thanks to all of you and your support. We are managing our time and conversations wisely.

The reason I am here is sadly because of my daughter. She called me at work last night and told me that while she was out at karaoke with her husband and a friend, a girl walked up to her friend and asked if my daughter was married to her husband.

Her friend asked why and she said because he was there with friends and bought her a shot and they made out, he told her he was single and she revealed a lot of personal info on him that is not casually known. She asked how long they were married and my daughter's friend said over a year and the girl replied "oh... this was 6 months ago".

My daughter's friend told her after they left, and my daughter called me ASAP. I found the girl on FB and know how to reach her if needs be.

I guess what I am asking being on the other side of things here is how do I best prep my daughter about d-day? We are gathering more info, because my wife and I smelled a rat months ago and I suspect he is seeing someone now.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
M
Originally Posted by celticvoyager
I guess what I am asking being on the other side of things here is how do I best prep my daughter about d-day? We are gathering more info, because my wife and I smelled a rat months ago and I suspect he is seeing someone now.
Your daughter needs to come here and let us help her. While you can offer support, there is little you can do by yourself. It is important that they work through their own marriage problems.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
C
OP Offline
C
I will encourage her to do so when she gets home from school

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
B
B
Originally Posted by celticvoyager
I will encourage her to do so when she gets home from school
Welcome back CV and I'm sorry to hear about your DD. Yes have he come here is a very good idea.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
This will be an eye-opening experience for your FWW.
Did you fully expose your FWW's affair to your daughter?
Your daughter will likely experience a flair-up of anger at her mother.
And your wife will develop more empathy for what you went through while seeing this through her poor daughters eyes.

Do you want to see them recover this marriage?

C
OP Offline
C
Sorry for the late response... Been working nights and haven't had the chance til tonight to talk to her

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
This will be an eye-opening experience for your FWW.
Did you fully expose your FWW's affair to your daughter?
Your daughter will likely experience a flair-up of anger at her mother.
And your wife will develop more empathy for what you went through while seeing this through her poor daughters eyes.

Do you want to see them recover this marriage?

Hey Lexxi,

yes, who doesn't want to see a marriage recovered? We exposed immediately to the kids. Worked through a lot of triggers and AO's during recovery. DD has been good going to Grace for advice and Grace has been a great support. I hadn't considered the empathy angle.. I'll keep an eye open for it... And the AO's. They are living in our basement because of DD's health issues.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation