Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3017090 10/23/23 02:07 AM
T
titanif Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi all,

I am at a loss in my current marriage situation.

For context, we have been married 5 years. Three years ago we left our hometown of london to move 400 miles away for the sake of my work. She knew this was a possibility before marriage, and was accepting due to the quality and respect for the profession.

We settled in smoothly, she simply transferred her work place to the local one and weve got a good quality of life.

But for the last 2 months she has not been to work. She cites depression. Yet will not take any advice or seek any help. She just sits at home flicking through social media. I was understanding of this and gave her no pressure to recover from it within any time frame. Until the last two weeks. Where she is now going on on saturdays care free to get hammered, but then come monday morning she suddenly cant find the will power to leave the bed.

The only thing she responds to is turning a conversation into a shouting match, which i hate doing. Im holding my tongue, but my feelings are starting to wonder into places i dont like. Her mum gave up work in her late 20s to just live her own life of luxury at her husbands expense, and the state of their marriage now is a parody. I thought my wife would never become like that in this day and age, but it seems to be happening in front of my eyes. Its like my wife is slowly becoming someone I despise!

Help meeeee

titanif #3017093 10/23/23 10:35 PM
N
N
Does she care that she is destroying the marriage? Is she aware of MB principles?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation