Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#329006 06/11/01 11:04 AM
R
RTia Offline OP
OP Offline
R
My son is jealous of my husband to be. He's the only father my son has ever known, and he loves him a great deal. That's what makes this so baffling.<P>I'm so tired of the fighting. Everytime I tell him "no", or "go to your room", or correct him for something I hear:"You love Daddy more than me.", "You love Daddy and not me.", "You hate me", "You think I'm stupid"<P>I have NEVER called my son stupid - EVER. He's VERY smart. I tell my son I love him all the time. <P>We manage somehow to get into major battles over stupid things - from telling him to take a bath and wash his hair, to the obvious:<BR> the last battle, he SPIT on the floor of a Wal-Mart store, and then denied doing it. We BOTH saw him do it. Because he lied to me, I told him he couldn't get this book he had put into the cart. He told me I was going to do it. I told him to put it back, I wasn't buying it. He ignored me. When I got to the check out counter, he put the book up on the counter. I told the lady I wasn't buying it, and she put it under her cash register. My son SMACKED me.<BR>My HTB yelled at him for it, I couldn't believe he had done it.<P>We got out to the car, and over and over my son told me "You hate me, and love daddy."<P>Finally, I cracked when my HTB said to my son "this is getting to be too much, life is not supposed to be a constant battle. I don't know why you talk to your mother like that - if you don't want us to get married, why not just say so?"<BR>I started crying.<P>My son said he was sorry, but I couldn't stop crying. Finally he says to me, "what do you want, me to kill myself?"<P>It got ugly after that, my htb said to my son "why don't you just rip her heart out?"<P>My son actually went to bed without a fight. I took a tylonal PM and went to bed.<P>But he loves the htb. He calls him daddy, follows him around all the time. He'll push until my htb leaves to cool down, because neither of us want to do anything in anger. (but my son makes it SO HARD!!)<BR>The last time my HTB had to do that, I had realised he was getting mad, and told him to go for a while. My son told me I didn't want him to have a daddy. When I told him that wasn't so, he said "You told him to go!"<P>What do I do?<P>I don't want to live in a battlezone, and don't think giving up the htb is the right thing to do. We both love my son, and want to do what's best for him. I know parenting is supposed to be a hard job. But giving up all hope for a life together seems to be asking a bit much.<P>Thanks for listening.

#329007 06/11/01 04:24 PM
F
F
Hi, RTia...are you 3 in counselling? If not, sounds like that's the first step. <P>Kids find it so hard to share their Mom. I feel for you as you strive to teach and assure your son that there is plenty of love for both the special men in your life.<P>How about a mom/son date? Once a week or once every two weeks, just you and your boy do something together without htb. It doesn't have to be expensive...a walk in the park, McD's or something like that? Maybe in time your son will also be able to enjoy special times with htb.<P>I am certain there are MB's here who have been through what you are facing and they will arrive soon with the wisdom of one who has survived. Know you are supported and keep posting!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 667 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation