Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34297 11/25/99 11:39 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Since I found out about the affair, my ex-H has become a complete stranger to me. All through our marriage,he always let me know how important his family was to him, how much he loved us all, and couldn't live without us. Now his personality is so different, even the kids notice the complete change in him. Is this due to the OW? Since he was always such a good person before, is there more hope for him to return to that after the affair, than if he had always been inconsiderate? One night he was so mad at me I felt I was looking at the face of satan. My mother saw it and she also thought he looked evil.<P>AD

#34298 11/26/99 12:00 AM
Y
Y
My husband just moved out to be with OW 2 days ago. Today I saw him and asked for the keys to the house and he gave them to me but he said he didn't want to. Then he looks at me sad and says that he misses us. I know in the past weeks I didn't reconginze him I too saw evil in his eyes and on his face. He says he is so confused, even though he has left. I don't know who he is anymore. Why do he constalnly tell me he loves me and do this to me. So I know Satan is alive and well destroying marriages.

#34299 11/26/99 12:02 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
{{{{{{{{{{already divorced}}}}}}}}}}<P>I'll admit to you... before I found this site I actually said to my W... "get away from me you satan... how have you become so evil... and... I don't know you at all!"...<P>Even though I know I was doing the worst kind of <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3400_lovebust.html" TARGET=_blank>Love Busting</A><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>A disrespectful judgment occurs whenever someone tries to impose a system of values and beliefs on someone else. (page 93 of SAA)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>... there was more than some truth to it!<P>But at the time... there were the unmistakable signs of Satan on her face and in her heart... "Forgive them Father... they know not what they do..."<P>Satan doesn't enter the strong...<BR>He enters he weak... the addicted! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>An affair is a very powerful addiction. (page 56 of <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi6070_sa.html" TARGET=_blank>"Surviving An Affair"(SAA)</A>)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I believe in the powers of good and evil... Satan has a stronghold of many of our weak spouses... this belief is only reinforced in my mind with all the people who post here.<P>Keep the strength... and don't give into temptation dear friends... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#34300 11/26/99 12:54 AM
T
T
wow Jim, good post.<BR>

#34301 11/26/99 01:13 AM
D
D
I agree. Good post Jim.

#34302 11/26/99 01:36 AM
P
P
My husband as well seems like a different person. Things he thought were inherently wrong before don't seem quite so bad to him now. He says mean and hatefull things to me while dtill professing to love me.<BR>He has picked up a favorite quote which seems to say it all "If you dance with the devil the devil don't change, the devil changes you".<P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole<BR>

#34303 11/26/99 07:39 AM
M
M
Yes, it is satan. There is no doubt in my mind. My husband looks at me the same way you described. He has suddenly rejected all things spiritual and continually mocks me for my faith and Christianity. He even does this in the kids' presence. All that I've read on this subject indicate thats that this is the work of the devil - breaking up families is top on satan's list as the family is the basic foundation of society. No wonder the values and morality of society are going to hell in a handbasket.

#34304 11/30/99 07:06 PM
L
L
My H also became a stranger to me. He treated me coldly and walked out on me to be with OW without any concern for my physical, emotional, or financial well-being. I had always considered my H to be a kind, caring, gentle person. But it all changed when he gave his allegiance to another person, and cut me out of his life. When a person decides to selfishly take their own happiness at the expense of someone else, someone who loved and trusted them, and who did not deserve to be treated badly, the only thing it can be called is EVIL. I think the potential for this evil exists in all of us, but that some people succumb to it more easily than others, due their weak nature, lack of control, and self-serving attitude.

#34305 11/30/99 10:36 PM
Y
Y
My H 'became a different person'too, though at times, I see the old H, the one I married. <P>I don't believe it to be satan. I think it's just us trying to justify and blame something else for their behaviour. My H <B> made the choice to have an affair. He made the choice to lie, cheat and decieve. He made the choice to walk out on us without looking back. He made his own choices!</B> The devil didn't make him do it.<P>This behaviour of theirs, this 'evil', cold and uncaring behaviour is a part of them. It is the only way they can be under the circumstances, out of guilt, shame, confusion. In the dark place where they (the betrayers)are, they can't see or think straight, and like a deer stunned by my headlights, they act like this out of necessity. If you don't believe me, just look around, and review the posts. The betrayer, on the most part, acts the same way, as if, according to an unwritten script.<P>This is a side to their personalities, one that they may of kept hidden, or one that was rarely let out. Now this awful side is ruling them, controling their decisions, looking out for No.1. But like most things in nature, everything strives for equilibrium, and soon this nasty side will be tempered by the normal side.<P>Take care,<BR><P>------------------<BR><B> <I> Black Heart </B> </I>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation