Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348684 03/10/02 05:25 PM
A
Antec Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello, I have 2 1/2 year old twins. I'm a 21 year old mother and wife. I LOVE my children very much ,but their father is having a hard time i guess. I try to suggest and give ideas on what we could do for a family outing ,but all I get from his is "I don't want to take the kids" or " I don't feel like that today".
Last July we went to a B-day party for my nephew at chuckie cheezes. I had a blast with the kids, it was just fun for me watching THEM have fun :-) The hubby met us there, ate with us, said have fun, and left :-( The rest of the time I felt let down and worst of all I felt like he let the Kids down.
They are only 2 and I know they might not realize it now ,but A couple years down the road I feel sad that they won't have a relationship with their daddy. I'm at lost at what to do. I know I can't MAKE him love his children ,but I feel like I have to atleast try. He sees that I love spending time with them I try to be a good example of a parent hoping he'll catch on. I just don't understand why he can't try to be a better father. He told me today that he was a crappy dad to them and nothing was going to change that. I think that was just him coming to terms with himself (i hope). Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any cool ideas for us to do together as a family, or any advice.

T
T
We took our 8 children that are at home still (#9 has her own child and is on her own) and we turned our heater up to 80 in the garage and filled up their huge air swimming pool with hot water and we all went swimming for about 3 hours! It was something they will never forget...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 630 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation