Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#355897 12/11/01 02:28 AM
L
L
Terri,
You'll be amazed at the common ground you'll find in these forums. I'm kind of an oddball here with the problems my marriage contains. My H, to my knowledge hasn't committed adultery, but he's a wayward spouse in other ways. Ways that took me more than a decade to figure out he was wayward. That probably doesnt' make sense. The important thing is learning to let go of problems that aren't really yours and to get help with the ones you own. <p>Now, instead of thinking about your problems, how about thinking of good things. When I lived in Wisconsin, it was especially cold one winter. If I dwelled on the cold, I got even colder. Instead, I'd remember a time when I was about to keel over from the heat. The cold didn't seem so cold then. You've had good times in the past. Spend some time thinking about them. If that doesn't work, visit http://www.madblast.com/ for a while. I'd love to see a post with a smiley next time I check on you.

#355898 12/11/01 02:32 AM
T
T
Terri,<p>I can't keep my eyes open anymore - but I will fall asleep praying for you and I will trust God that you will be okay.<p>Have you ever called the 700 club? I have, many times in the middle of the night. <p>I hope this is the right number - I'm going off memory:<p>1-800-859-0700<p>There is a prayer counselor there waiting for you.<p>I often don't sleep through the night, so I may be checking back with you before morning.<p>Terri, I think you can call 1-800-555-1212 and ask that information operator for the toll free line to the 700 club, if the number I gave you doesn't work.<p>Terri, reach out to the Lord. He's there for you.<p>do you have a jacket or a pillow or a blanket? Probably wouldn't hurt to find a soft spot to lay at and get just a couple hours of sleep.<p>Father, I also pray for Terri's husband, that his heart would be softened and that he would not torment her tomorrow, In Jesus Name.<p>Amen

#355899 12/11/01 02:39 AM
T
TerriT Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you so much You guys ddon't relize what ou have done for me tonight. My eyes hurt so bad. i am here. I don't know how zI am going to makke it . But i am trrying. I want to go home but i'm to messed to drive now. Don't want my employees to see me I just don't know thanks again

#355900 12/11/01 08:33 AM
T
T
Terri
I hope you found a soft place to lay your head last night - and I will be praying for you throughout the day.<p>Terri, can you go to a doctor, and tell them you are under a lot of stress and unhappy and see if maybe they can provide a way for you to have a little Rest and Relaxation for a while?<p>hugs to you,
TNT

#355901 12/11/01 03:12 PM
N
N
Terri,<p>Please check in with us. We all want to know how you are.<p>Terri, this may sound strange, but as they say, God works in mysterious ways.<p>I was so compelled to check your thread last night, and I felt your pain so deeply. Why? Because it mirrors mine. The pain, the hopelessness...all of it. <p>God brought me here, I read all of the posts that were sent to you, I read The Burden, I am in tears. He is speaking to both of us. Yes, you are in pain, but you reached out here and helped me find comfort, not through your pain, but in the loving, caring responses of so many. We don't even know each others real names, but we care so deeply about each other. There has to be something in that. Total strangers reaching out to help one another. I am amazed.<p>Terri, I pray that you take the care and concern of everyone here to heart. You are so worthy of love. As am I, as we all are.<p>I am not saying all that I feel right now very well. But, you have helped me. Thank you for posting here last night. I hope you are OK today. Please let us know.<p>Needing

#355902 12/11/01 03:18 PM
S
S
Terri,
I was wondering how you were doing?
If you would, could you read Psalm 13 and Psalm 55? I believe God would like for you to know that He knows what you are feeling.

#355903 12/11/01 06:05 PM
L
L
Hi Terri,
Hope things are better today. Let us know how you're doing.

#355904 12/11/01 10:24 PM
I
I
Hi -- we are all praying with / for you. Please let us know how things are going.<p>Lonesomeheart-- I hope i didn't offend you by my teasing on the other thread! It was said in fun.
D

#355905 12/12/01 12:09 AM
L
L
D, I knew you were teasing! You really make the rounds! I've benefitted tremendously from your insights. I just hope the tremendous show of support for Terri has been enough to help her through a bad time. Let us know how you're doing Terri. You've got a lot of people here who care about you.

#355906 12/12/01 12:26 AM
I
I
LonesomeHeart-- I do get around,don't I? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] ..rather it be here-- then elsewhere [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Thx for you note..Your comments blessed me! I really enjoy your insight too! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I was a tiny bit concerned cuz your posts were missing-- but I can see I am not the only one who makes the rounds!<p>Again-- Terri.. know we are praying and holding u before the Throne!
D<p>[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: ITherapist ]</p>

#355907 12/15/01 03:46 PM
L
L
Hi Terri:<p>I just saw your thread. I'm so sorry. God is with you. He sent you here to show you, perhaps, that His love is with you and people do care. I have prayed for you that God will bind up your broken heart and show you His care and love. I pray that God will surround you with people who will provide you with a caring heart, a hearing ear, and hands folded to pray. God's blessings to you.<p>I have had times in my life when the pain seemed too much to bear. Please don't think that you are strange. The Bible says not to think it strange when fiery trials come. It isn't strange and neither are you.<p>You seem, to me, to be experiencing traumatic stress. Your husband seems to be tormenting and traumatizing you. I pray that God will protect you. Don't think it strange that this fiery trial has come. Don't let that be your response. I pray that you will reach out to find that others care and want to carry you in prayer during this trying time. <p>God's blessings to you. Praying for you.<p>In Christ,<p>Laura

#355908 12/16/01 08:00 AM
Q
Q
Last I read from Cali, nobody has heard from Terri. This is so distressing!!!<p>Terri, if you drop by, we CARE!!<p>I wish there was more we could do...<p>Sheryl

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation