Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#402634 10/05/00 10:21 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I am so tired of my husbands lies....they just keep coming back to bite him in the butt. Which destroys another part of our relationship. This time I have had enough! We have been married for 23 yrs and up until a few years ago I had no clue that anything was ever wrong. One day I got a rude wake up call.....I discovered he was cheating with someone half is age. Ok I nipped that in the butt. We went to counseling for almost 2 yrs and I thought everything was out in the open about this office building affair. The lenght of it...all the details ....thought the whole 9 yards was out in the open. Boy! was I wrong. I had a gut feeling back then that something was wrong....he was cold...then he lost intrest in our home...our 3 children...got nasty towards me.....started to drink. He started coming home late, but because of the responsibilities of his job(a bldg manager for a Government Building) I did not put it together...since he traveled for his work, and other people from his office went also, I never put any thought in to the fact that she could have been going on trips with him. I would get hang ups and calls that he would take all hours of the night.(again thinking it was work related) Back then I was a sucker to his con artist ways of mind controlling me... naturally being so understanding and BELIEVING his word. You know ....it never went sexual so on and so on! Well this was yrs ago.....Well now I have another gut feeling...only this time I am alittle bit SMARTER!!! I am keeping track of his comings and goings...can only do the mileage from home to his office...since he has changed jobs, he now drives a company car, so I can't keep track of his mileage. But some of the signs are there again...being late ...all of a sudden more interested in weight lose(50lbs) exercising...and so on. Dresses different..wearing lots of after shave to work....paying more attention to me ... coming up with different ideas in the bed room....cranky with the kids. Even checking shorts and guess what?? Signs are there! Here it is again! So I started to not wear any purfumes..scented soaps and so on. Just to see. Well new scents are showing up and they don't belong to me. Well, I started to dig to see if he was seeing the women from his past...asking old business associates question about the past affair.(they assumed it was all out in the open) And what did I find??? I found out that he had 3 women ... 2 at the same time and 1 after I had busted him for the office one.....since he worked 5o miles from home....I never dreamed that one exsisted in our city...had no clue that there was 3 of them! I had wondered about the 2nd one....when he came home from a conference drunk one night and all he could do was run his mouth about her to the point I wanted to smother him with a pillow! I not catching on yet just figured it was because he was drunk... WRONG...The 3rd never even would have thought about the time he spent helping her...WHY??? Because she is family.....again believing his every word...let it go. But this time I am smarter. So I got curious and looked in his files......I found hotel receipts....black and white......1 where not only did it have payment with business credit card....but a cash payment included on it....Hummm Let me ask you all this???? On a hotel statement...where for example It says....... Smith 2 Roger .... then address under it. Does that number mean..the # of people in the room?? Hotel's are out of state..but I am going to call..... His reply is ...no no no you are looking at the bill all wrong that is not what the # means nor is it what the CASH payment means..What a LIAR! I wanted to ask all of you first.......I am tired of his lies. It will never change and I am moving on. I need closeure for all of this to do that... I am gonna nail his butt to the floor this time......NO MORE ..Any suggestions...????

#402635 10/10/00 02:15 PM
C
C
Any suggestions?<P>Yes, show him the door! You know, if a spouse cheats once and is repentent about it and avoids situations that could cause problems that's one thing.<P>Lying just to get you off his back so he can still pretend he is single is a whole different thing.<P>Bottom line, some people are so selfcentered and selfish they simply do not care about anything beyond their immediate itch.<P>And yes, he is lying about the number of people in the room. Like you say, easy to verify with a phone call.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation