Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cwmac Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'd like to hear from people about how long it took to get spouses to write no contact letters. Especially interested hearing from M who had W's that had EA. <p>My W and I have made good progress. Gone to counseling. She's meeting my EN's and she says that I'm meeting hers. But.... Can't seem to get the NC letter. It was discussed in front of the C and she said over a week ago that she'd do it. <p>The funny thing is that I'm 99% sure that there hasn't been any contact since shortly after DD in early May.<p>Please any and all thoughts.

P
P
Cwmac,<p>As per Jennifer, it went out the day after D-day. This needs to happen NOW. So how's OM supposed to know that it's over, and your wife doesn't want to see him anymore?<p>Here is the letter, which is pretty much straight out of SAA, with only a small addition as per Jenn. Have your wife do a cut-n-paste, and send to OM. After you review. That's the procedure.<p>P<p>------
<OM>,<p>I want you to know that out of respect and love for <BS> and <D>, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk with you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that <BS> did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay <BS> for the pain I have caused him, I will do my best to become the wife he has been missing. I care a great deal for my family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me or my family. <BS> is going to know everything. I will tell him if you contact me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.<p>Sincerely,<p><WS>

C
cwmac Offline OP
OP Offline
C
P-
Thanks for your help and advice on the NC letter. It went out today. It was virtually identical to the format you had given me. <p>I've been following your thread w/ Cerri, Hofs and HT. It has helped me alot.<p>Thanks

P
P
Good job. Now you're going to have to change your tagline (bottom). [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>P

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation