Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#457682 12/30/00 09:23 AM
W
woz Offline OP
OP Offline
W
All-too-common story: 22-year marriage on rocks for at least 18 months, discovered her PA late July, big fight, she moves out, I'm left with kids (13 & 17). She stays at her parents' house until Nov, when they discover her PA; she moves in with her OM.<P>Current relations infrequent, cool, mostly friendly. She still blames me for stealing HER kids and house. Very angry, anxious to divorce. I'm initiating no contact. It's hard to be pleasant w/her when I hardly ever see or talk to her. I'm willing to wait out the PA, but lonely-empty-sad feelings pretty constant. Getting on with life, reading Harley and Weiner-Davis. Clearifying my values, improving appearance, keeping PMA, raising kids, working, etc. Preparing self for "next relationship," if not with her, then someone else.<P>Considering status quo for at least a couple more months, then Plan B. Not sure how effective that would be, since there's so little communication now. Any ideas?<P><BR>------------------<BR>Better Than Before,<BR>WOZ<P>[This message has been edited by woz (edited December 30, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by woz (edited January 03, 2001).]

#457683 12/30/00 12:38 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Welcome <B>woz</B>...<P>There is a post of general welcome I wish to share with you... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It has a lot of quick links to many of the <B>most</B> important MB sites...<BR>Click here ==> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000553.html" TARGET=_blank>General Welcome for All New Builders(Newbies)</A><P><B>About your post</B>...<P>Those "lonely-empty-sad feelings..."... can only be offset by improving yourself (maybe for the next reltionship.)<P>Hold off the divorce as long as possible...<BR>...it will be to your advantage...<BR>...and for your kids too!<P>Reconsider the "no contact"...<BR>...unless she's angry about that(contact) too...<BR>If she doesn't allow yuo to contact her...<BR>...because she deems it a LB<BR>...you're still on an "regular" Plan A!<P>Hang tough... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#457684 12/30/00 02:19 PM
W
woz Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Jim,<P>Sorry, what's "LB"? Reconsider "no-contact" how?<P><P>------------------<BR>Better Than Before,<BR>WOZ

#457685 12/30/00 03:07 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
There are a bunch of acronyms we use...<P>Check out ===> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000557.html" TARGET=_blank>Acronyms, Smilies, UBB Codes</A>.<P>BTW: <B>LB</B> is the acronym for <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3400_lovebust.html" TARGET=_blank>Love Bust(ing)</A>.<P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8113_ab.html" TARGET=_blank>Plan A</A>... is best done when in contact with the WS...<BR>...check out my post... <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum30/HTML/000176.html" TARGET=_blank>Plan A - 101 (2nd ed.)</A>.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#457686 01/01/01 12:23 AM
W
woz Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Even after these four months, it seems that my very existance is an annoyance to her. How can I deposit love units when she's still withdrawing? How can I ask her about her most important needs when she'd feel I'm invading her "space"? <P>On the other hand, since I'm taking 90% care of the kids, do I get points for domestic support and family commitment? How can I point this out to her in a nonjudgmental way?<P>What's the best time to make a pitch to meet her needs?<P><P>------------------<BR>Better Than Before,<BR>WOZ

#457687 01/01/01 09:13 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
I've been there...<P>Just do your best...<BR>...make sure that you take every opportunity... no matter how small.<P>There maybe a point where you have to step back...<BR>...do step back... but make it a temporary thing.<P>There is little you can do "verbally"...<BR>...since most of it will be taken as <B>you</B> "educating" her... (an LB)<P>Hang tough...<BR>...and learn about yourself during this time!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#457688 01/03/01 10:29 AM
W
woz Offline OP
OP Offline
W
She Knows . . .<P> . . .that her fling is temporary. Call it mutual, voluntary exploitation. All she wants from me--if I REALLY love her--is to let her go. Forget about her. Could that mean no contact? Divorce?? My own OP??? Not sure, not asking just yet. Staying the course, remaining pleasant and positive in our few interactions. I'm in this for the long haul, after all.<P>Why would she not want me to "fix" this? Why is she clinging to the worst? Why has she tied her self-respect to remaining apart?<P>Getting beyond my own guilt in the meantime, making plans, moving ahead, keeping to high road, keeping door open, not beckoning.<P>Hang with me, gang!<P>------------------<BR>Better Than Before,<BR>WOZ<p>[This message has been edited by woz (edited January 03, 2001).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation