Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#457743 01/07/01 10:29 PM
M
Mische Offline OP
OP Offline
M
H was supposed to stop over yesterday while he was in town to visit son. He did not show up or call. Today I arrive back from church and he is sitting outside our home in his car waiting for us. This is the first time we have seen each other since he took Son to OW house xmas weekend and I confronted them on it. He informs me that he is looking for his own place to live at so that he can visit our son. He will not involve OW again since he knows how I feel. Next he tells me that he wants to sit down in two weeks when he is back in town to talk. Not sure where the relationship is going, but either way we need to work some things out. I asked him if he was interested in counseling. The last time I asked him was when the affair was found out and I got a flat out NO. Today I got, let me think about it for two weeks. What is going on??? He has me totally confused. It was not like him to not show up yesterday and not call. Then today he called the house from a pay phone around the corner from the house at 1:52 p.m. and we didn't get home until 3:30 and he was sitting in his car. Strange....

#457744 01/08/01 04:44 AM
R
R
Mische - believe me, this is not al that strange. I cant really tell you what is going on in his head - but he sure sounds confused. my only suggestion is to give him the space to think himself through this. i think you have had somepositive signs eg. he will consider counseling - but if my H's similar behaviour some time ago is anything to go by your h is in for a turbulent time; you can help and be supportive but you cant solve his dilemma for him - whatever it is - just be happy that he is being a little introspective.<P>Good luck<P>R

#457745 01/11/01 12:32 AM
J
J
Maybe he's having second thoughts. I agree with Rosebrook.

#457746 01/12/01 01:17 AM
O
O
Mische,<P>Sounds like you're doing just fine. <P>I have no idea what is going on in his head. That's for him to work out. <P>You seem to be keeping track of things.....keep doing it. Hopefully you won't have to use it; but better safe than sorry.<P>Rather than worrying about what your H is doing and thinking, do some things for yourself and your son. <P>~Amy

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation