Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49507 01/08/00 07:16 PM
J
Jenny Offline OP
OP Offline
J
anniem,<P>I'm sorry that you are in this situation, but hope you find support. I saw your replies on two other OC posts and thought you deserve your own.<P>Basically, you asked how to deal with seeing the XOW for visitation of OC, right? A third party is a GREAT idea!! A neutral third party, a trusted friend or relative (aunt, grandparent?), would be wonderful in my opinion and should be worked into the official visitation agreement if possible. If not, try you and H picking Ochild up TOGETHER, or having her drop off child at your home. It emphasises to everyone involved that you and H ARE in this together. Keep acting that way, never made decisions about OC without mutual agreement, and eventually it will be true whether you feel it now or not. I think it is very important to present a united front to the XOW, and that you and H did the right thing to refuse visitation rather than cave in to her blackmail, even if it meant the 5 months of not seeing OC. This sets the precedent for the next 18 years, so boundaries are important! You are making a healthy space for your marriage and even setting a good example to OC and any children you may have.<P>I recently decided I don't have to wish bad things upon the XOW (not because I have forgiven her--I haven't), but because she has already created a Hell for herself right here in her own life. Probably her worst punishment is the mess she has to live with. I don't know if that helps you any, but "not getting up with fleas" is good! You want to keep your dignity and not do anything you will regret or lower yourself to her dysfunctional level.<BR> <BR>Blessings to you, your marriage/family, and OC,<BR>Jenny<P>

#49508 01/09/00 05:36 PM
J
Jenny Offline OP
OP Offline
J
bringing this back to top

#49509 01/11/00 10:11 PM
A
A
Jenny,<BR> Thank you for your response. <BR>Still no word on when visitation will begin. I'm also having some shaky times with trust. The only thing I'm sure of at this point is that I don't want to spend the rest of my life, time, energy, and devotion in a situation that brings me even periodic heartbreak.<BR> This has not been a good day, so replying to you in my frame of mind is probably not good, but I want you to know how much I appreciate your advice, encouragement, etc. I am running low on confidence, faith, and determination today.<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation