Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
I love the way my husband looks. His eyes, his long dark blonde hair. His smile, oh how I love to see him smile. I love the man he is deep inside. I love how hard he works to provide for his family. I love the dedication he has. I love how he feels deed down inside about God. I love him for doing the right thing and giving up OW even though it was so painful and trying so hard to make this marriage work. (it is going well right now) I love his honesty. I love the way he holds me. I love the way he holds me and sleeps next to me. (We never slept like that until after discovery!) I love the way he smells. I love to watch him as he snow boards down a hill. He makes it look effortless and looks like a Greek God. I love his body and the muscles in his arms. I love the way he makes love to me. Oh this could go on forever. I love everything about him except his dark side...I have a friend who affectionately calls him "Darth" as in Darth Vader. He is working on that and has become much more positive. I love his dedication to his family and the way he loves our daughter. I love how hard working he is. I love the whole of him. He was an answer to a prayer long ago and a gift from God, heck what's not to love? From the top of his head to the tips of his toes I love him. Like I said I love the whole of him.<P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<P>

T
T
Her smile,<BR>her eyes,<BR>her sometimes long & sometimes short blond hair,<BR>her legs,<BR>her hands,<BR>her face,<BR>the way she thinks,<BR>her spiritual side,<BR>her paintings,<BR>her artistic side,<BR>her until recently impeccable honesty,<BR>her laughter,<BR>her so many details that made my life happy,<BR>that she cares & loves our daughter & the way she treats her when she's around,<BR>that she always tries to make the best out of every situation.<P>She is not the most gorgeous or the tallest girl around; she is not the smartest or brightest; she is not the most spiritual or peaceful around. And yet, she is the perfect combination for me.<P>Than you, peppermint, for helping me to remember this.<P>Alex<P>------------------<BR>Live and learn<BR>

P
P
I love that she is God's gift to me inspite of her betrayal. She was the first person to truly try to get to know the real me even though her pretense was purely selfish: she wanted to be in the lime light without any criticism which includes no constructive criticism which is a good thing.<P>She still is the light of my life. She is the mother of our two disobedient but loving sons.<P>She caused me to become more extrovert than I was before I met her. I thank her for that.<P>She is funny. She has brought much laughter into my life.<P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><P>

P
OP Offline
P
How about some more replies? Please?

K
K
Pep,<P>Jason (Unseen2), when he holds me can wrap himself around me like the warmest blanket, the safest haven. He's 6'3" 240 built solid, strong and graceful. Never before or since have I met a man with sexy hands, just him. His is the most handsome, beautiful face I have ever seen - I love his ski-jump nose, twinkling blue eyes with white flecks, his sexy, sensual lips, his blonde hair. I look back at pictures of him in Highschool - I would have had a HUGE crush on him even then! (you should see this man with long hair, whew!)<P>But after you've been with someone for awhile, you notice the more important things. Jason and I have this uncanny, inexplicable connection - sometimes it seems we know what eachother is thinking, without even realizing it. I'll have a song on my mind, and here comes Jason, singing the EXACT words that were going thru my head! This has happened more times than I can count. Speaking of singing, he has one of the most beautiful, powerful voices I've ever had the privilege to hear.<P>He is the best lover I have ever had, and from now on the ONLY one I will have until the day I lay next to him in the cold ground.<P>His dry sense of humor, his amazing intelligence, his dedication to causes and principals he feels are right, his continued proud service to his country, the fact that I know safely in my heart that he will never ever hit me or abuse our children, all come together as parts that form the perfect and only man for me. <P>Finally, the thing I love and respct most about Jason is the way he has helped me grow. When we first met, i was a closed-minded, anxious, afraid to be different kind of person. He helped bring out qualities long buried in me, made me shine. Guess he saw through all the bad stuff down into the good.<P>Oh yeah, and he's the father of our unborn child (and hopefully more to come!) Who in the world could ever ask for more?? <P>Khyra

D
D
After reading the posts under what people love about their spouse, I have another question. Are these traits that you didn't realize you loved about your spouses until you began working on your marriages?<P>I'm starting counseling and am wondering if that could be a mistake. I have always wanted to feel all the things mentioned but I'm thinking now that I never felt any of these things. I think back to when I got married and wonder how I could've married a man that I didn't feel these things with. It took me 4 years to decide to marry my husband and I thought I made a sensible choice. He's a good man, a good father and he wants me back.<P>Do I tell him I never felt these things? Or tell the counselor I want to feel these things and see if she can teach me what to do? (and yes I've felt many of these things in other relationships, including the current one I'm in)<P>My original post is under emotional needs (Making the Decision)if you want to read about my situation. I was questioning the possibility of feeling chemistry for someone if it was always missing from the relationship. Most responses gave me the impression they once felt it with their spouses even if not as strong now. I'm struggling to decide if I should save a relationship that maybe shouldn't be saved.<P>Thanks for any suggestions.<P>

M
M
I, for one, have always felt this way about my husband, even thru tough times. Sometimes i got caught up in anger and forgot how much I actually love him, but I never stopped. And I always told him how much he meant to me. He is the only man I've ever been in love with and hopefully will be with me until I die. (Except for this little separation we're going thru) I can't remember much about my life before him and don't want to think about the rest of my life without him. He has given me 3 sons and things have gotten rough at times, but what marriage hasn't had rough spots. <BR>We compliment each other. I talk alot, he's quiet. I'm happy go lucky and he's full of nervous energy (paces alot). I honestly didn't think at 16 yrs old that I would love this man as much as I do at the age of 30.

P
OP Offline
P
Decisiontime:<P>I believe that all my husband's good qualities influenced my falling in love with him, but it was also divine intervention that we met and fell in love. I knew I loved him before I had time to recognize and evaluate all of his characteristics. <P>Over the years I have appreciated his good qualities and learned to overlook his few flaws. But I never really did a careful inventory and evaluation on what I love about him until I had to make a decision about forgiving his infidelity. Before, I had taken all the good things about him for granted, but suddenly I had to make a life altering decision- to stay and work on our marriage or let it be destroyed by his affair.<P>When we decided to save our marriage, I decided that I had better concentrate on the good things so that they could outweigh the negatives and help us to beat this problem. I would suggest that you do the same, a careful, thoughtful comparison. Believe me, I did not have all of these positive feelings for the first few months after finding out about his betrayal.

S
S
This is really good. I tried to start a thread like this under I'm so proud of my h. Wow, this helps focus on what I felt for him before all this.<P>He is and will always be one in a million. I have never met a man that combines such excellent traits. I felt the electricity when I saw him on stage performing in a amateur theater group. He was so handsome and such presence. And such passion for working with this group to get the Christian message to people who won't darken the door of a church. He has always been out to change the world.<P>He has such self-confidence, and can juggle tasks that are in themselves monumental with confidence and precision. I get lost in the details. It's funny that it's often the differences we find sooo attractive.<P>He's a clear thinker who has never bumped into life, and he has helped me grow tremendously from the bundle of nerves and insecurities I once was. His lips, his crooked smile, his eyebrows framing his eyes, I love the way he looks, smells and touches me. I can discuss philosophy, history, business, almost anything with him. And recently he has made tremendous strides in being a great father. He's sexy and exciting, and we've travelled a long road together.<P>DECISION - are you sure you never felt any of this???? whether betrayer or betrayed, we have all wondered at times. My h had to read his journals from when he met me because he was SURE he had never been in love with me. And what I've written, I'm only starting to REMEMBER. Chances are you felt it sometime. Even if not, I do believe (at least in theory) that almost any two people could use Harley's rules and fall in love (given a basic chemistry - like you don't find him ugly as sin).

J
J
Even thought my H is still over his head in his affair. I still love him. It is killing me but the love is still here.<P>I love the way he wraps his arms around me. His lips....I just love them. The way he use to hold me in bed. How he smells. (I sleep with his pillow)<P>I have to stop now or I will short circut this keyboard.<P>Stacy<P>------------------<BR>Jaded Heart<BR>____________<P> <A HREF="http://journeys.webprovider.com" TARGET=_blank>http://reflect.to/journeys</A> <P> <P>

S
S
There are so many things to list, but the most important to me now is that she (Caterpillar) is here with me now, giving me the chance to love her and meet her needs. Maybe I'll be able to stir inside of her the feelings of being "in love" that she has never felt for me before.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation