Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60362 08/14/98 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been trying to use the ideas on the site in my marriage, especially the Joint Agreement one, but I have a problem that I can't figure out how to solve that way. We've been married five months less than two years and in that time we've always had at least one family member who was in financial straits living with us. Currently my mother, his mother, and his sister live with us in our two bedroom apartment along with our two year old son. I'm at my wits-end with this living arrangement. I'm completely ready for everyone to get out of our apartment and I believe that there's no reason they can't get out except that they feel comfortable remaining because we never set a time limit on them living with us. The problem is my husband doesn't see this as a problem. He feels that it's perfectly okay for them to live with us until they feel the need to leave. I've told him I'd like everyone to be gone by the end of the year but he says that he at least wants to let his sister to continue living with us. She's in college and he wants to help her but she's only two years younger than we are and as far as I can tell has nothing keeping her from being able to support herself with a roommate like so many other college students do. I'm at the end of my rope-- I'm ready to leave with my son and get my own apartment without my husband. Can anyone give me any advice? I love my husband and don't want to leave him but I feel like all the people living with us are pulling us apart and if I'm going to be unhappy, well I can be unhappy alone with some privacy.

#60363 08/15/98 09:10 AM
C
C
Shauntelle,
<br>If it wasn't so real, I would say that your experience would make a great story for a sit-com soap opera. It is very sad because really you have not experienced marriage and already you have a child. Girl you have got to sort your life out and quick. My advice is to put the whole lot of them on a fortnights notice and if they don't respond then you know what you have to do. Good luck Shauntelle.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation