Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60364 09/16/98 01:23 AM
S
Sharon Offline OP
OP Offline
S

<br>My husband, Dennis and I had a very bad fight, which escalated and went on all night. The next day, while I was gone, he packed his things. He just took what would fit in his jeep. He went to his parents in Kansas. He called me after he had been there about 10 days. For the last two months he has said he isn't sure what he wants to do about our relationship. I kept thinking it was over and he wasn't coming back. He was very non communicative. After 2 months he has found a job in a small town in Kansas about an hour and a half from his parents. He doesn't communicate with his parents either. I have my own business in Washington and we own a home here. I felt abandoned when he left. He has left me with the responsibility for the home etc. Still I wondered if there was anything to be salvaged and told him I thought I should come to Kansas, see what we thought, how we got along, and consider moving there with him. He agreed, I went, we had a wonderful 3 days. He said he wanted me to go back, sell the house, my business, pack, and move to Kansas. I agreed. Now I'm not sure.
<p>I feel he has not considered me in these last two months in this move. How do I know he will consider my needs if I go to Kansas. I am concerned about him blowing off his resposibilities here in WA. He lost his job when he left. The job he has in Kansas now pays less than he had here ($10/hr). This is a very small town in SE Kansas and there aren't many if any job oportunities for me. He is living in a stinky
<br>little house in KS now.
<p>I do love him, but feel I need to consider some of my needs as well. How do I know he won't just walk out and leave me in Kansas, like he did in Washington?
<p>I guess the main reason he wants to be in Kansas is to work for this airplane manufactuor and have the opportunity to fly. I'm not sure what Kansas has to offer me and if he would be there for me.
<p>He says he doesn't want to come back here because it's too hard to find jobs and there are too many bad memories from our fighting here.
<p>Should I give up my life here and follow him to Kansas?

#60365 09/18/98 12:23 AM
H
H
hey sharon,
<br>tough situation, but here is my advice:
<br>1)lean heavily on the Lord; pray a lot about this; read the best marriage reference book...the bible(esp. those parts dealing with marriage)
<br>2)obtain as many opinions on this situation as possible, from a variety of sources(friends, relatives, clergy), esp. people you trust and have a high regard for. write these opinions down and refer to them often(like, keep a notebook)
<br>3)just based on your letter, here's what i'd do:tell dennis that you'll move to ks with him if he'll agree to marriage counselling on a regular basis for at least one year. this puts him at a crossroads and forces him to make a decision about your relationship.
<br>4)this whole ordeal will be like a process that has to be worked out: requires time and patience. in the end if you get back together it will all be worth it.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,215 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation