Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61468 01/19/01 12:38 PM
J
JG Offline OP
OP Offline
J
<BR>Help, I to have had my husband walk out on our marriage. Like some of you ladies out there it came as a surprise to me too. All of a sudden I am informed that he doesn't love me anymore, 3 weeks later he moves out leaving a big void in my heart and a very confussed person.He has been gone for almost a week. He moved just down the road from us and came to see us on his days off. We have been married 24 yrs and never really had bad times. I have read artical after artical on how one spouse can help the other make a come back. I am willing to try anything to save what I thought was a beautiful marriage. We are both in our mid 40s. If anyone has any advise please send it my way. Our girls are 23 and 19 and dad has left them just as confussed as I. He never could give a reason as to why he feel out of love with me,all he says is just because and I don't know. He says I have not failed him, but I must of done something to make him feel this way. Thanks for listening.<BR> Confussed in B.L.

#61469 01/20/01 01:34 AM
B
B
Welcome JG:<P>Sympathy, but I'm glad you found MB. NSR (our guide) visits the newbies and provides links to the MB sites so that you can read up on the Harley philosophy. <P>Could your H be having a mid-life crisis? He's living just down the road. Maybe he needs time to think. If he moved so close, it's not likely he's involved with another woman, (though anything is possible).<P>Go read up on Plan A. Make yourself as attractive and healthy as possible, in order to deal with the coming months. You're going to need strength and endurance and support. Do you pray? It has a tranquilizing effect to turn things over to God. Let him know his plan for you, listen while you pray.<P>Take care,<P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

#61470 01/19/01 02:08 PM
J
JG Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Dear Belle,<BR>I think he maybe going to a mid-life crisis and I mentioned that to him and didn't dig at the thought, cause He might feel bad enough as it is without me digging. He swears to me that there is no other women in his life and I despratly want to believe him though after we had been married 3 yrs he did have an affair. I know that was a long time ago so I just want to sweep that thought under the rug, but it still scares me. I do pray, and I ask the good lord to guide us in the right direction, but again I am scared to loss him, I Love him dearly. I have started to try to make myself more attractive to him. I hate to admit it, but this last year I put on alot of weight and I know that I to have started on the road to changes. When I asked him if it was my looks he was unhappy with he said no that that had nothing to do with the way he felt. I have tried to keep him informed of this changes in me as well. When he left he made sure all my bills where paid. He went out of his way to get us wood to keep us warm. He has a good heart, but something is troubling him and I feel like I am the one thats getting the worst end of the stick. Thanks for your quick respones. I feel I need all the support I can get.<BR> JG

#61471 01/19/01 02:21 PM
J
JG Offline OP
OP Offline
J
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG:<BR><B>Dear Belle,<BR>I think he maybe going to a mid-life crisis and I mentioned that to him and didn't dig at the thought, cause He might feel bad enough as it is without me digging. He swears to me that there is no other women in his life and I despratly want to believe him though after we had been married 3 yrs he did have an affair. I know that was a long time ago so I just want to sweep that thought under the rug, but it still scares me. I do pray, and I ask the good lord to guide us in the right direction, but again I am scared to loss him, I Love him dearly. I have started to try to make myself more attractive to him. I hate to admit it, but this last year I put on alot of weight and I know that I to have started on the road to changes. When I asked him if it was my looks he was unhappy with he said no that that had nothing to do with the way he felt. I have tried to keep him informed of this changes in me as well. When he left he made sure all my bills where paid. He went out of his way to get us wood to keep us warm. He has a good heart, but something is troubling him and I feel like I am the one thats getting the worst end of the stick. Thanks for your quick respones. I feel I need all the support I can get. Would you advise I don't or do go see him at his place?<BR> JG </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 273 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation