Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62265 04/13/02 11:40 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I am married for two years now and I feel that I am ready for having a child. I expressed that to my husband and he is totally against it.
Like any other couples we have our ups and downs ...mostly this is what I think they're "normal" when 2 people get to know and live with each other-we married really fast in our relationship 2 moths after we met-...but my husband thinks the relation is compromised -"because we argue a lot and he don't think a child should be brought up in a relationship like that".....<p>Before we married I asked him if he has kids..or ever been married and such... And he told me that once 11 years , he had a girlfriend that lived with him, and that will come and go-and have relationship -sexually with ex-s , said she was pregnanat and that he was the father , but most certainly he is sure he wasn't because she had affairs with other men -in that time frame too and that she lied to him she was preganant and that she delivered the baby 12 months afterwards...
Anyway... I thought was just a "story" and not a serious ,certain thing. I did not wanted to marry , date a guy who had previous kids from other relationships and that's why I never had any -being single and not in a a marriage.<p>I think it is selfish to ask for that but I believe that it puts a lot of pressure and uncertainty and bad feeling son your marriage if you are entering with a kid -from a previous relationship - and like any beginning can be tough and why make it harder ?!...
After we got married I found a legal paper saying for him to sign his rights away to this child -cause is being set to adoption by his grandparents-from mother's childs side.. He never signed anything and ...Now after two years relatives -from his side of the family keep on popping out the subject about his child and ...it'a an hour drive away......etc...
I though it was just all a story and not real , seen pictures with this baby...... I do not know why I feel angry and cheated and ... mad ... and ask myself why it's being brought up now;after 13 years of silence -when he has a new life a marriage and I have nothing to do with it ?! I feel resentment on the fact that otehr woman had his child and ... I am being deny the right to ??!-cause he will not have any kids with me !!told me clear...and he said maybe in the future.....Why ?! <p>Now that I am married and love and respect the man I am with , and plan to live the rest of my life wirth I know I am ready to move on and have a child..
But my husband won't even have sex - with me no more being afraid "it's gonna happen"-we never had unprotected sex..
My question is this how should I convince him that it is not a bad thing to start having a "family"-and have a child <p>-(all his sisters have two to four kids each kid with a diffrent male-and he saw how hard life on a financially basis is and how out of control and wild those kids can be;drefted from mom's house or not knowing their father etc..-thing that scares him the most)- It is hard to make him understand that can be a wonderful thing in your life , sets you on a diffrent stage and level etc...to have your own and have a partener aside..<p>Well I hope you guys can help me with some advices...

#62266 04/15/02 12:17 AM
D
D
Hi! Sound like a pretty good post. You ask a lot of good questions and have some valid points, but so does he. And honey you realy dont want a baby that aint wanted by both parents. Your marriage is affected by several love busters (LB) as well as if I aint blind a total lack of understanding of love banks and emotional needs. Now for the good news. Dr Harley and his kids and their employees have been fixxing these things for like what 30 years or so. Start off by ordering Love Busters and His Needs Her Needs(either here, amazon.com, or perhaps your local christian book store.). Then read "the basics " on this site and everything else that looks aplicable. When the books get there read Love Busters first, then HNHN (while he reads LB) by the time you have finished the books you will know when where how and why about the next steps. The Harleys have realy made it simple, all you need is the want to. May God be with you both.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation