Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62432 08/14/02 03:53 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi you guys. I just wanted to update you all on how things are going between my husband and I since moving to Brook.

I don't know if you remember my post, but about three months ago I posted my first post here about how us looking to move to a small town was causing a major fight between us and we were trying to negotiate a way.

Well, I ended up giving in and we have moved to the town and I am now extremely lonely. The town consists of people that are age 70 and up. (We are ages 23 and 26).We have only been there 2 months, and my husband has already had 6 people die on him within those 6 weeks he was there (he is a minister). I've been extremely lonely for there isn't anyone there our age. I am very homesick..I miss the city. I am extremely unhappy and we are still having fights about it. We keep reading the Emotional Needs book and I know that one of my husbands needs is to be affirmed and respected and given praises. But it is hard for me to do when I am so unhappy...any suggestions?

Btw..(we are hitting our one year anniversary of being married this Sunday. I'm happy to be getting some time away on a vacation, (we are going back to where we had our honeymoon) because I haven't had much time with him since we moved.)

Keep in touch...your posts were helping us...I don't know why I stopped.

Carrie

#62433 08/14/02 07:51 PM
K
K
Carrie--

I do remember you. Our church has a new youth minister and he was telling me about his first assignment...a church with 10 members, all elderly. It made me think of you and wonder how you were doing. Glad to hear an update.

I can't believe you are the only people under 70 in the whole town...just how small is this town anyways? How far to the next reasonable-sized place? What are you doing to keep you busy and keep you from feeling too sorry for yourself?

I know this isn't what you had wanted, but sometimes you hit a spot in life where you have to make the best of things...this may be one of those spots, at least for the next year or two...

Hang in there--

Kathi

#62434 08/15/02 08:03 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Kathi,

The town is pretty small...It's the kind of town that would attract elderly people who are retired and want some peace in quiet. There really isn't much to the town--except for a hardware store, a grocery store, a gas station, and a restaurant. It is like one of those western ghost towns you see when you watch westerns (and I am not exaggerating ont his either, as my husband has also made that comment). The nearest town is anywhere from 30-60 minutes one way. This has been a major change for me as I grew up and came from a huge city--Cincinnati. I have definitely been feeling homesick.

I picked up a job in one of the other towns, and so I spend most of my time 7:30 AM -5:30 PM at the job working, which has definitely helped. But I miss not being able to get together with people our own age.

Carrie

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,091 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation