Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chris, <BR>While the topic subject may lead some to think I am glad you are thinking about D, that is not what I mean.....I mean, I am glad to read your posts and know you are still here...<BR>I just don't go over to the other boards much..the struggles they are facing I have already been through and I am moving on...<BR>Chris, many from the other board have ventured over here...let us know..what is going on with your life now, and how are the girls doing??<P>------------------<BR>Susan

C
C
Are you writing to Chris (CA123) or some other Chris?<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chris 123!!!! You!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>Susan

C
C
Ah, me!<P>Okay. I’m doing pretty good. The girls are out of school. Eating me out of house & home. My oldest has a boyfriend now. Give me a headache! I keep talking to her about sex, etc. but she knows everything. We get along well, so I don’t see a problem there.<P>The youngest is becoming a whiner. Hopefully it’s just the heat. She’s going up to my Mom’s for a week or two. We had my SIL’s daughter (3 years old) down here all last week. She didn’t want to go home. LOL<P>I finally got my assignment to Greenland canceled. Looks like I will be retiring on 1 January. Not a problem. Just have to decide what I want to do now that I am all grown up (all of 39 years old).<P>I am going to attend the <A HREF="http://www.smartmarriage.com/conferencedetails.html" TARGET=_blank>4th Annual "Smart Marriages/Happy Families" Conference</A> in Denver starting on Thursday. Plenty of marriage/family/kid seminars and workshops to go to.<P>Divorce? HA! I still laugh at divorce (although I do have all the papers and have consulted lawyers). I’m not planning it until the end of the year. Lawyers have said that (I should not even try to fight my retirement )she gets 50% if she wants it) or the house (same thing) although I could argue that she has paid nada towards child support & the judge may take that into account concerning the house.<P>I did talk with Steve Harley a few weeks ago. He told me to keep on truckin’ as I am. He suggested I try to arrange a meeting with Donna sometime around Sep/Oct. Tell her I want to get together to talk and try & sort some things out. Just leave it at that. If she asks questions then just tell her we’ll talk. She’ll think I’m gonna bring divorce papers. I won’t. This is just to get everything in the open and to see if she is beginning to crumble or what. Just sort of give me some idea of how she is doing and what I can expect. This way can see if I need/want to change my time line (Christmas).<P>I have talked to the girls all the time about where I am with all of this & what I hope to achieve. Also, I have told them if Mom shows up the <B>first</B> thing they do is call me & that they should <B>not</B> go with her unless they talk to me. Neither of them wants to anyway.<P>Overall, we’re doing really well.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you are doing ok for now....I remember reading your struggles last fall as I was going through some similar things. <P>I just want to say that I truly commend you on staying the ground in your Plan A. It is very difficult to do, I know. Your girls will remember the sacrifices you have made for them (maybe not now, they are teens!!)and appreciate the good dad you are. <P><P>------------------<BR>Susan

T
T
Chris,<BR>I think I saw a really cheap 3 day Vegas trip at the end of September - maybe you could suggest to wife that you both meet in Vegas or something like that.....<P>Who knows what could happen!!!<BR>I'm still hoping at some point you get your foot in the door, and that when you peer inside - you see something about the old Donna that is emerging again. It is about time.<P>TnT

C
C
Hmmmm? Last time we went to Vegas I gave her a $2000 diamond anniversary ring & she left 3 weeks later.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 433 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation