Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I'm asking you this because the majority of you are parents and some of you have had to move. We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago for a few different reasons. The primary reason though is that having the ex two miles away when his behavior is so bad has gotten more then I can stand. I was always afraid to run into him and his gf at the store, a restaurant etc...Well last night it happened for the first time. Ran into the store to buy daughter snow pants and there he and his girlfriend were. I ducked behind some clothes so they didn't see me. But, we basically have one grocery store close buy etc...and it can happen very easy. I just need SOME space from him. We also want a larger home since my two kids and my step kids are getting bigger and bigger. Other reasons two, but those are the main. Anyhow, if our house doesn't sell by Thanksgiving we'll wait until Spring. If we move now the kids will go 1 quarter at this school/3 at the new school. 8 yr. old daughter (very social) is excited. 12 1/2 yr. old son said he's excited but I'm worried about moving him in the middle of the school yr. Is it being selfish to move before the year end??? Has anybody done this and what were the effects? We are only moving 20 minutes away but it will be a different school. I moved in the middle of 8th grade and I don't remember ever having a hard time. In fact I liked it. New friends etc.... Thoughts please!!

K
K
Hi Bonnie, give the kids credit for being very resiliant and move, they are young enough to make this into an adventure and make the changes with ease. I moved schools when I was 10yrs and enjoyed being the 'new girl' it also gave me a chance to move on with what I needed to take with me and leave behind what need to be left behind. Good luck, you sound like you are doing the best for the kids and they will appreciate it if not now but eventually.<P>loads of good wishes and love

K
K
Hi Bonnie, give the kids credit for being very resiliant and move, they are young enough to make this into an adventure and make the changes with ease. I moved schools when I was 10yrs and enjoyed being the 'new girl' it also gave me a chance to move on with what I needed to take with me and leave behind what need to be left behind. Good luck, you sound like you are doing the best for the kids and they will appreciate it if not now but eventually.<P>loads of good wishes and love<P>------------------<BR>karen

D
D
Bonnie,<P>How far are you planning on moving? I imagine its hard, I wouldn't want to "run into them" but I have sat with them months after the break up at soccer games (grrr) and spent time at the same graduation party.<P>Its hard. I dont' like it, but I don't let my kids see me sweat . They think I think OW is OK. (yuck). But they are happy and healthy for it and when they are adults I am going to have a talk with them about this all so they know what marriage and kids really mean as far as commitment.<P>Good luck with the move, keep me posted,<BR>Dana<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation