Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
After the past 2 years of being divorced, and spending periodic time with my ex, the ex inlaws invited me over for dinner.<P>I don't have any family other than our child to spend cheer with. A part of me wants to go another part wonders why bother. Afterall i know his old girlfriend was there last year and they aren't together anymore, but i still feel outcasted and obvisously am not sure.<BR>I want my daughter to have the best christmas.<P>I don't want her feeling left out. NOT that she would be because we split on christmas day as far as access goes. I have christmas morning this year. Sometimes i wonder if he doesn't want to feel lonely. It's always nice to spend the holidays WITH someone.<P>?????????????????????

T
T
well..do you want to spend the holidays with<BR>them? Thats the thing you need to ask yourself..Do you still get along with them? <P>If you do then go for it..why not??<P>Would you feel uncomfortable spending the<BR>holidays with them? Does x know they invited you? is he going to be there? do you two get along if he is going to be there?<P>just some things to ask yourself..

L
OP Offline
L
Yes he knows they invited me.<BR>Yes he wants me to go.<BR>I sort of do, get along with them,<BR>But more than anything else they prefer<BR>me over the woman he has been seeing.<BR>I think more than anything he wants to be <BR>spending this kind of time together to strengthen a case to obtain joint custody.<BR>In january he also answers to assualt charges from 6 months ago.<P>Yes sometimes we do get along and other times...<BR>well he's a salesmen (cars at that!)<BR>He lies at the drop of the hat.<BR>When our child had informed me of his new relationship he denied it and said our daughter was mistaken.<P>Childish stuff really!<P>I hate it and that IS one of the reasons why i left.<BR>He can't change that quality of himself.<BR>It's him.<P>Although we have spent time togteher and it has been very comforting and nice!!!<P>So this leaves me where??<P>I'm not in a fantasy world either....<BR>I left him 17 months ago.<P>We talk of getting togther again, what would need to happen but that'd be years down the road.<P>SO.....<P>I care a lot about him.......<BR>I think he knows that he can't handle just a friendship with me so it's all or nothing, for him.<P>I want the friendship first but i can't rely on him like i would a friend...<P>BLAH!!!

R
R
This topic came up here at work yesterday. <P> It seems the families of the ex's sometimes prefer the company of the daughter/sister-in-law than the son or vice versa, know whatI mean??<P>If the son or daughter make themselves absent, then why not let the ex-spouse hang out? I often take my (unfortunately, but hopefully not) stbx mother-in-law to lunch on weekends. I don't try to keep the divide between her and her daughter, especially since my W is coming to town to pick up her up for Christmas. I can't say I would NOT want to see a confrontation, but as everyone in that family keeps telling me, they were not much for talking in that family.<BR>(The source of our problems.)<P>If he may be manipulating this invite, I can see your hesitation.<BR> The second half of my signature mentions trust. He should only gain your trust by actions, not by asking you for it.<P>rrunrr<BR><P>------------------<BR>Almost anything can be undone or forgiven.<P>Never take trust for granted.

L
OP Offline
L
Well i went and it was nice enough.<BR>Although all day i felt as though he wanted to be else where.<BR>A lady at dinner mentioned that her H was distrant with her over getting pregnant turned out he was having an affair.(and a baby with this other woman)<P>My ex was not pleased when i got pregnant with our current child nor was he with the second which ended in abortion(no judgments please i beat myself up enough).<BR>What are the chances he never wanted this whole situation too?<P>What kinds of things can be undone and overlooked? What can't??<P>Thank you.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by looking ahead (edited December 28, 2000).]

L
OP Offline
L
Hoping everybody had a merry christmas and are planning exceptional new years celebrations!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 790 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation