Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#698667 08/05/01 10:08 PM
T
OP Offline
T
A bad weekend... Friday my wife came by the house to announce that she is going to rent a house with the OM, She also asked that I hurry up and finish the paperwork that will finalize the divorce. She asked if she could come by and pack some of her things. I coundn't stand to be here while she did that so I went to stay at a buddy of mine house when I got in tonight all the stuff in our bedroom was gone. I was bracing myself for this but it still kills me. We have 2 children Girl 9, Boy 10 now they are going to be in the same house as OM every other week. We don't even have a divorce yet! All I feel is horrible,horrible pain. Our history is that we were having trouble were working on it but I was not working hard enough. This old school mate of hers who was just finishing his second divorce contacts her through a online reunion service and sweeps her off her feet. That was the end of us at that point. I told her that I look upon that guy as a person of questionable character because he tore apart a family who was very vulnerable and in a process of working on saving our family. She says he has nothing to do with it. I guess my question is...Am I an Idiot for continuing to hope and try? When do I call it quits? Is there a point when you just say uncle?!!

#698668 08/05/01 10:19 PM
G
G
torn soul, this is what I replied with to you on my own post...just in case you don't go back there, here it is below...again, you are not alone, we are not alone, and I am saying "uncle"...<P>'Hello, torn soul:<BR>If there is one thing that I have learned from these boards is that I am relatively lucky. 17 years! My wife and I will be married for only 4 years in Sept.! I sure can identify with your "sureal" feelings. The woman who only three or four years ago was my best friend, confidant, lover and helpmate is saying to me, "I am divorcing you and there's nothing you can do about it." Where did our wives go? Who took them away and replaced them with these strangers? <BR>You suffer with me, I will suffer with you, and as I go to sleep tonight I will think about and pray for (yes, this ordeal has re-kindled my faith) another guy who is probably going through an even more painful situation than I am. I guess in a "weird" way, none of us are truly alone here.<BR>Thanks for your reply.<BR>vb_guy'

#698669 08/05/01 10:36 PM
T
OP Offline
T
VB_guy Got your message thanks for the support and input. I am really at the end of my rope here maybe I'm just in denial. I am thinking of just letting go but it just frustrates me how this clown can get away with what he has done to my family. There should be some sort of legal punishment for lack of moral values... Just venting a little there! But seriously it looks like plan B whether I like it or not. Plan A sure isn't doing anything but tearing me apart. You can only absorb so much without imploding! Again thanks for the reply.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 504 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation