Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
RobC Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Well, I have been reading and it seems that the rollercoaster is running full steam ahead! Wife went out of town this weekend. Supposedly. She had her hair fixed and such prior to leaving, etc. Anyway, she came by this week, I had bronchitus, and picked up some of the kids clothes. She actually came into the apartment and looked around and took back the purple frog I gave her. She looked at me and said "You didnt want this did you?" Anyway, ball games and such have been good. She has let me buy dinner for her and the kids. She hates living with her folks and told me that she doesnt qualify for much of a house on her own, even with what I give her. She said "I feel like such a loser". Anyway, I proposed that we take a long weekend and go away and just talk about things. Told her I would pay for it all, no strings....She said "Well, you need to get that out of your head..." Anyway, I will just keep going. I am fairly certain that she went to see that OM. Its just that she wont say anything. She keeps joint accounts, checks on my income. She said, are you really making that much? I said yes, why? She said, I am happy for you. She always brings up bills. Damn, she left me with a butt-load of them and I missed a couple here and there (there were thousands of dollars, I mean thousands, not to mention the debt). Anyway, I have pretty much taken care of all of them. She just irritates me. She wont give an inch. All I am asking for is the ability to make informed decisions. I feel like not telling me more about this guy, she is taking my ability to make decisions (my own) away. Anyway, counseling is helping, Dr. says I am doing well. BTW. Wife called this weekend, my mom answered my cell. Mom, said there was a long silence. Mom says again, "Hello", finally wife realized it was my mom. Anyway, we both got a kick out of that. Not to mention a hot woman upstairs (i met her not to long ago) came down just as wife was leaving with the kids and says "Hi". Wife didnt seem too pleased. I have backed off on doing too much for her lately. She told me that she is starting to tire even with my help. She said she is bored living with her folks and they are being pills. Anyway, I am trudging along. I will be okay either way. Just wanted to say hello.

A
A
Rob,<P>Hey, sounds like you made a little progress. I think I'd step back and give her breathing room. I think you shouldn't ask any questions at all about OM right now. She's not ready and it'll push her away. I also think she's softening, and if you play your cards right and don't push, you may stand a chance.<P>Hey, did you see I posted the Chinese horoscope addy. Goodguy gave me the addy. Anyway I knew how interested you were so here's the addy.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.ofesite.com/spirit/chinese/compatib.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ofesite.com/spirit/chinese/compatib.htm</A> <P>Just to save you time I am cutting and pasting what it says about Sheep. Which is according to them you and your wife are sheep.<P>Sheep (rating a 3 out of possible 4)<P>Put two Sheep together and you get a couple of giddy hedonists (or pleasure -seekers, to you and me) who have a perfect<BR>understanding of each other. <P>SHEEP <P>Except for a knack of always getting off<BR>on the wrong foot, Sheep can be charming company. Sheep sometimes hold back their emotions, and are not fully appreciated for their true nature. Still, they are first to complain about discomfort. Naturally pessimistic, mild mannered and even shy, the Sheep person is a sympathetic voice. Lovers of art and nature, they tend to spoil themselves. Still, they are creative, cultured and well-mannered -- A civilizing<BR>influence on others. Some Sheep are timid and easily upset, while others can be adaptable and sure-footed when the need arises. Either way, Sheep prefer to live and work with other people, and find emotional satisfaction with partners that provide them security in life. <P>There ya go. BTW, i'm a tiger and the personality described fit me almost perfectly.<P>Take care,<P>ANNA<P> I

A
A
I wouldn't put too much stock in that - I'm the exact opposite of what it said I should be. But my stbx fit a snake pretty darn well!!

J
J
I agree with anna sounds like you are making good progress, I think I would just stay clear of her and not press her let her see you moving forward, but not with another woman and I think she will be comming around, good luck

D
D
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RobC:<BR>I have backed off on doing too much for her lately. She told me that she is starting to tire even with my help. She said she is bored living with her folks and they are being pills. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Let me echo the others- you sound like you're doing <I>great</I>, and she's seeing that. Backing off is good; she has to figure things out for herself anyway. <P>Thanks for the update- keep in touch.

N
N
Hi there Rob,<P>Nice to see you...you sound like you're doing thee right thing. Keep it up.<P>Love and light,<P>Jacky

R
RobC Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks guys! It is great to be back with you all. I will be lurking about.<P>Anna, I did check out that compatability site. Quite interesting, because, frankly, both my wife and I ARE hedonistic to a certain extent.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation