Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
1 - Lord Jesus, I thank You for You!<BR>2 - Jesus, I thank You for 20 years with my Wife.<BR>3 - I thank You for 2 beautiful daughters<BR>4 - I thak You for helping me deal with this terrible mess I am suffering through.<BR>5 - I thank You for the trees, clouds, mountains, and rivers which are nothing short of a miracle.

C
C
1) I'm grateful for the beautiful day we are having today<P>2) I'm grateful for my day off today<P>3) I'm grateful that my husband is wanting to work on our marriage<P>4) I'm grateful for my sweet pets who give me such unconditional love<P>5) I'm most grateful for my three beautiful children who are my whole reason for living

B
B
Ok, I searched and searched for this.... A friend of mine sent it to me last week. <P>Lord, Thank You.....<P>Lord, thank you for this sink of dirty dishes; we have<BR>plenty of food to eat.<P>Thank you for this pile of dirty, stinky laundry; we<BR>have plenty of nice clothes to wear.<P>And I would like to thank you, Lord, for those unmade<BR>beds; they were so warm and comfortable last night. I<BR>know that many have no bed.<P>My thanks to you, Lord, for this bathroom, complete<BR>with all the splattered mess, soggy, grimy towels and<BR>dirty lavatory; they are so convenient.<P>Thank you for this finger-smudged refrigerator that<BR>needs defrosting so badly; it has served us faithfully<BR>for many years. It is full of cold drinks and enough<BR>leftovers for two or three meals.<P>Thank you, Lord, for this oven that absolutely must be<BR>cleaned today; it has baked so many things over the<BR>years.<P>The whole family is grateful for that tall grass that<BR>needs mowing, the lawn that needs raking; we all enjoy<BR>the yard.<P>Thank you, Lord, even for that slamming screen door.<BR>My kids are healthy and able to run and play.<P>Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me<BR>says You have richly blessed my family. I shall do<BR>them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.<P>Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the<BR>alarm rings, Thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There<BR>are many who are deaf.<P>Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning<BR>light as long as possible, Thank you, Lord, that I can<BR>see. Many are blind.<P>Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising,<BR>Thank you, Lord, that have the strength to rise. There<BR>are many who are bedridden.<P>Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when<BR>socks are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short,<BR>my children are so loud, Thank you, Lord, for my<BR>family. There are many who are lonely.<P>Even though our breakfast table never looks like the<BR>pictures in magazines and the menu is at times not<BR>balanced, Thank you, Lord, for the food we have.<BR>There are many who are hungry.<P>Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous,<BR>Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work. There<BR>are many who have no job.<P>Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to<BR>day and wish my circumstances were not so modest,<BR>Thank you, Lord, for life. <P>B<P>------------------<BR>My favorite quote....<BR>"Hello, this is God. I will be handeling your problems today. I will not need your help, so sit back and have a good day."<BR>

D
D
Wow!<P>What a God-inspired idea. What a refreshing breathe of 'fresh air' on this board and others on MB which are filled with so much despair and hopelessness (selfishness and in-gratitude).<P>God give us ALL an 'attitude of gratitude'.<P>I wrote the Lord a 5 page letter on July 4th, thanking Him for all He has done for and given to me.<P>So....here goes!<P>I'm grateful for....<P>(1) My Lord/Savior/Friend, Jesus Christ<BR>(2) The Holy Spirit's involvement in every area of my life<BR>(3) 4 beautiful children and 2 grand-children, all who are 'born-again' Christians<BR>(4) My health and unbelievable level of propserity on my job<BR>(5) My precious wife of 33 years, even though we have been separated for over 3 years<P>Like other's have said, I could go on & on!<P>[censored] from Texas<P>

O
O
Just when I needed a reminder to be thankful......<P>1. God is with me at all times<BR>2. My two beautiful and healthy children<BR>3. Every minute I get to spend with my aging parents<BR>4. Every moment of life, which is short<BR>5. Another chance to learn to be me!<P>Thanks for this reminder that in even the darkest moments, if you can find thing for which to be grateful, you will survive.

N
OP Offline
N
I'm glad this is catching on. Please, let's keep this going so that it'll still be going strong when the others who don't yet feel comfortable adding will be ready. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Today, I am grateful for:<P>1) My kids had a GREAT first day at school.<P>2) My husband and I finished his resume and it looks awesome!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>3) We have an appointment with a realtor on Thursday to start the ball rolling on selling and buying a new house!<P>4) My H is feeling better today. (He felt like he was coming down with something yesterday.<P>5) I have a husband who loves me completely and accepts all my imperfections and forgives my mistakes.<P>------------------<BR>Love is meant to heal. Love is meant to renew. Love is meant to oust all fear. Love is meant to harmonize differences. Love is meant to bring us closer to God.

L
L
I'm grateful...<BR>-My daughter came home SO excited about <BR> her first day at her new school.<BR>-H fixed the lock on the front door Sat so<BR> the fool who was banging on it at 1:00 am <BR> COULDN't get in.<BR>-I don't have to cook dinner tonight - d and<BR> I are "cheating" instead.<BR>-God blessed me with patience and love and <BR> kept anger out of my heart for one more day.<BR>-My mom is trying very hard to honor my <BR> rather stern "request" to stop trying to <BR> control me and make me something I'm not. <BR> It gives us hope for a good relationship <BR> one day.<P>I LOVE this post! Starts my evening at home off with a new spirit.<P>Lori

B
B
Ok, my earlier post was just to share... here is what I am grateful for today......<P>I have a friend who reminds me I am not "by myself" but instead I am "With Myself".<P>I am learning how to be happy again..... with myself.<P>That I have a roof over my head.... even if it leaks a little [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (found that this weekend)<P>That even though I have a little cold, I am basically in good health.<P>That God has given me the opportunity to develope the strength to deal with whatever comes my way.<P>B<P>------------------<BR>My favorite quote....<BR>"Hello, this is God. I will be handeling your problems today. I will not need your help, so sit back and have a good day."<BR>

D
D
Let me see. Hmmmm What am I grateful for today?<P>I am grateful that my son slept late. <P>I am grateful that my son starts preschool tomorrow. 3 hours a day, 3 times a week of peace. Ahhh<P>I am grateful for my wonderful animals who provide unconditional love.<P>I am grateful that my H made it through another day, safely, on the crazy streets of this city. He's a field rep.<P>I am grateful for a nice relaxing and cloudy/rainy day, after a long stressful weekend.<P>------------------<BR>The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.<BR>Helen Keller<BR>

T
T
-I am grateful that I got to take a 3 mile walk with a friend today<P>-I am grateful that all three of my children are adjusting to our new home and their new schools<P>-I am grateful that my husband moved with me 500 miles away from OM to start anew<P>-I am grateful that my mother in law started at a daycare today, relieving lots of my stress at home<P>-I am grateful that I found this site, full of inspiring and helpful people to guide me through this mess

N
N
I really need this today:<P>I am grateful for good friends who love me despite my many faults.<P>I am grateful for a husband who through it all stands by me and keeps on trying.<P>I am grateful for my children, even though all three are teenagers [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am grateful that I saw how wrong the road I had chosen was for my family, and did the right thing by turning back.<P>I am grateful for this place. My solitude, my getaway, my support when the world gets ugly.

A
A
My life is blessed in many ways...here's a few for today.<P>1) I am grateful for my beautiful daughters.<BR>2) I am grateful that I have my career and enough financial resources so that my marital crisis is not also a financial crisis. We will get by.<BR>3) I am grateful for the support of family and friends.<BR>4) I am grateful for the new friends that I have made as a result of this crisis.<BR>5) I am grateful for my H. Although I have much to be unhappy about, he is a good father, he is responsible financially, and he tries to be considerate of my feelings. Many wayward spouses are much worse.

B
B
I am grateful for:<P>1. My ever faithful (peskily so) Labrador Retreiver<BR>2. An ex-husband that hasn't said "I told you so" in light of my current marital troubles<BR>3. A job that pays me very well<BR>4. A husband who is at home and trying<BR>5. A good car that kept me relatively safe when I totalled it in July<P>------------------<BR>RobinAnn<P>*********<P>Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!

B
B
I am grateful for:<P>1. My marriage which seems to be mending well.<BR>2. My H who seems to be learning how to be supportive and reassuring when I have a bad day.<BR>3. My 3 healthy children.<BR>4. My first grandchild (due in Feb.)<BR>5. My friends<BR>

A
A
I am grateful for:<P>1) God helping me get through another day, despite wanting to sleep in some.<P>2) My loving husband, who even though we've missed each other some talking lately, does his best to stay on the cheerful side for me.<P>3) The great business opportunities i'm involved with.<P>4) That tomorrow i'll be given a new day to start anew with whatever i didn't get finished today<P>5) For finding this site of people who have gone through some of the similar situations like me and those who give us hope it will get better.<P>Butterfly that was a very inspiring poem of thankyou's touched my heart .. : )<P>------------------<BR>Alliy

L
L
What a fantastic idea! Thanks NW!<P>I'm grateful that my H has been so willing to work on our marriage with me.<P>I'm grateful that our marriage is better than ever before.<P>I'm grateful that God blessed us with this new chance.<P>I'm grateful that our son made the football team.<P>I'm grateful that my H and I are going on a second honeymoon during the holidays.

H
H
1. I am grateful for my family and friends.<P>2. I am grateful for each new day.<P>3. I am grateful for the power of forgiveness.<P>4. I am grateful for my loving husband.<P>5. I am grateful for my adorable dog (he's my baby).<BR>

H
H
1. I am grateful that my H gave me a second chance at our marriage<P>2. I'm grateful that my daughter likes to go to school<P>3. I'm grateful that my dad is starting to come around to talking to my H somewhat (it isn't great yet but it's getting better little by little)<P>4. I'm greatful my H and I love each other<P>5. I'm grateful for life in general

B
B
Today I am grateful for.....<P>Making it to work safely again<BR>A car that runs (knock on wood) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>My sister (and the rest of my family too!)<BR>Feeling a little bit better [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>A beautiful day<P>B<P>PS~ Alliy, I'm glad you liked the poem.<BR>------------------<BR>My favorite quote....<BR>"Hello, this is God. I will be handeling your problems today. I will not need your help, so sit back and have a good day."<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Butterfly (edited September 08, 1999).]

J
J
I am thankful to have a good job, great co-workers, a supportive family, two beautiful children, a nice place to live and God's unending love.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation