Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#810652 04/24/02 02:18 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi all,<p>I thought I would add my prayer request to the list. My sister is 3+ weeks away from delivering her second child, a second daughter. The baby's name will be Rachel. Please pray for all of them. <p>Rachel will be delivered and immediately taken to surgery and then to the Neo-nate ICU. She has a blocked intenstine that will interfere with her ability to breathe. She may be put on a ventilator at birth. Her lungs and heart may not function independently right away because the abdominal mass may have prevented their growth and maturation. <p>They are trying to continue the pregnancy as long as possible because (although a newborn's lungs are normally developed by this point) my niece's are not because of the lack of space in her body.
My sister is so huge from this pregnancy because she is retaining so much extra amniotic fluid because the baby is ill. My sister is having difficulty breathing because of the fluid but they are trying their best to balance her health and the health of the baby.<p>MJ

#810653 04/24/02 03:41 PM
W
W
MaryJanes, I will add your sister and niece to my prayers. My daughter spent 10 days in neo-natal ICU after she was born. It is very scary and your sister will need everyones support at that time

#810654 04/24/02 09:20 PM
T
T
MJ<<p>I am praying also...Dinobon spent two weeks in NICU after being born at 35 weeks...the NICU staff is pretty good, I know that God has your precious neice in His hands and I trust that all will go well.<p>Please keep us posted on Rachel's (I LOVE that name!) progress and condition.<p>Hugs and Prayers,
Twiisty

#810655 04/24/02 09:28 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you for the prayers.<p>Twisty, I love the name also. Her older sister is Lillian Rose and she will be Rachel Marietta. Rachel was one great-great grandmother's name and Marietta was another's. I knew both of my great-grandmothers and they were wonderful women. My sister is going back five generations to pick names and I think she has picked lovely, old-fashioned names that have a wonderful family history. Lillian is a great-grandmother on my brother-in-law's side and Rose is a family name for generations and my sister's middle name (but what we have always called her).<p>I can't believe my beloved sister is about to give bith to a baby who may die in her first few days of life. I felt like she was safe once she got through that first trimester, or in her case, 4 months as she has miscarried before at 4 months.<p>MJ

#810656 04/24/02 09:59 PM
B
B
she is my prayers. I hope all goes well and Rachel has a safe and speedy recovery. I have 13 weeks left on my pregnancy and can't imagine if this was I was looking towards at delivery. Hope all goes well.<p>babstr.

#810657 04/25/02 04:04 AM
B
B
Please know that I'm out here holding your hand in prayer as well. The technology is amazing today as far as new procedures and techniques for the little ones. Hang in there, I know you are dealing with so much yourself, let God carry you guys through this. It's simply too much for you and your sister to bear! {{{{HUGS}}}}

#810658 04/25/02 09:25 AM
D
D
Hello,
I will add her to my pray list.<p>Dawn

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation