Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81864 02/11/99 05:15 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I have never posted here, but what I am going thru now with my son makes me feel like venting. My h left 6 weeks ago, in search of his independence and freedom from responsibilities. He had a brief emotional affair with a co-worker and ended it as soon as I found out. But he has refused to re-commit to our 21 year marriage. He won't go for counseling and seems to want to leave this all behind him as quickly as possible. We have one child, who is now 19. This has shattered his life, his whole belief system. He grew up never knowing anything but stability and love. Now he is shocked and refuses to have anything to do with his dad. But now I find myself on the recieving end of his frustration and anger. He is so torn up inside, it has to come out somehow. Since he has already told his dad how he felt and gotten no positive results, he takes it out on me. I came from a broken home and made it my lifes goal to provide a good home for my son and now it is crushed by my H's actions. Statistically now my son too has a much greater chance for continueing the cycle. I am so pissed with my H for putting his needs and fantasies before everyone else. Well, thats it, I've vented. Now I'll go back to picking up the pieces of our lives.

M
M
Against The Wind,<br> My H left in Aug, 3wks or so ago, i finally got him (my H) to tell me he was attracted to the woman i believed he was involved in, even though has been dening it since Apr. Well he even told me he kissed, he doesn't realize, that is INFIDELITY. Well i told him he needs to tell our son the truth, he said he would, and guess what he told our son, that it wasn't true, he was not involved with this OW. I asked my son if he mentioned that he kissed the OW, not to my surprise he said No Mom he didn't. I couldn't believe he would still lie. Anyway to get to my point, my son shows no emotion what-so-ever, i must say he is a well adjusted child and has grown up with a great attitude about everything. Couldn't ask for a better kid, what worrys me is that he is so none emtional about all this, but I also don't belittle his father, and we haven't argued in front of him. I just can't get over the fact he is so forgiving to his Father, maybe its because i told him this was between his Father and I, and not him. So maybe that takes the pressure off him to have any feelings at all, because he loves the both of us. I'm sure he has thoughts but doesn't express them, and i'm thinking maybe he is repressing his true feelings, thinking everything will be alright. Well i've said enough, I guess i just thought he would be more upset with his Father. We have been married 20 yrs this coming June. And our son is going to be 17 in March. Would your son come on this forum and gives his input to what may be going on in the mind of my son?? Or would this be too much for him?? I will understand if he doesn't want to. Mac Mab

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation