Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#927954 07/10/01 12:31 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Well I really don't know what to do. My H moved in with the women he had the A with. He still tells me he loves me and I really believe that he does. We have been married for 11 years and we both got married at a very early age. I was only 17 and he was 20. Before he left he hugged me and told me that he still loved me. He wants us to still be very good friends. It is so hard for us both to be very good friends because it prob. would turn in to something else. I sometimes thing I will give him his cake and let him eat it to. We have 2 children together and it is so difficult. I still love him so much. What do you do when you know deep down that he loves you but has feelkings for another women. My husband is the type of person that wants his freedom and wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. This women wil let hinm do that. I guess I wouldn't. I expected the normal things that comes with marriage. Do I wait around for him to realize that he is making a big mistake? Or do I go on with my life and file for divorce? The whole affair has been going on for about 6 months and he works with the women also. HELP ME!!!!!

#927955 07/10/01 12:41 AM
G
G
Sorry to hear about your pain. My H moved in with girlfriend 7 months ago. He says he loves her and not me. We have two children. He had an A with her for a year before he moved in with her. Right now I'm planningon filing. He is mean and doesn't want to work on marriage at all. I love this site they have really helped me. Keep posting...

#927956 07/10/01 04:04 AM
B
B
In relationships, we teach the other person what we will and will not put up with. Stick to your guns. You are also teaching your kids how a husband and father should or should not treat a wife and mom.<P>We love and we forgive, but we can forgive with the door closed. We don't have to open our hearts and minds to all sorts of abuse.<P>There are always going to be women out there who don't care if their man is married. You don't have to put up with his creepy two-timing ways tho. What will your kids learn? That it's okay to get married, leave your wife and go shack up with a honey while you're still married and sleep at both households whenever you choose...

#927957 07/10/01 06:47 AM
W
W
BL - can you tell us more? How familiar are you with Plan A/B and other affair defenses?<P>Him moving in with her can be a blessing in disguise. Odds are very much in your favor that the affair will end and he'll be interested in coming home. How long this will take cannot be predicted.<P>WAT

#927958 07/11/01 12:06 AM
L
L
<B>Odds are very much in your favor that the affair will end and he'll be interested in coming home. How long this will take cannot be predicted.<P>WAT</B><P>WAT, <BR>if truth be told, what really ARE the statistics about A's ending? I know the Harleys say something like 95%, but COME ON - that's really HIGH......using their techniques, maybe it's that high, but would "normal" stats be for this type of scenario (or trainwreck as I refer to my life right now).<BR>Sorry for the downer, but it's been a couple of hellish days for me.<BR>Lupo<P><BR>

#927959 07/11/01 12:10 AM
G
G
I asked the same question. My H has lived with ow for 7 months. I wish that all those stat were correct. I don't see him coming home to me and kids. He is having to much fun with her.

#927960 07/10/01 01:22 PM
W
W
I don't know the stats. This was a qualitative statement. The many authors of the many books out there seem to be in agreement that the vast majority of affairs lose their luster given time - and it makes sense. Whether it's 95% or 75% we'll never know, maybe - but still in favor of ending and WS coming home as long as the BS doesn't burn the bridges.<P>gabby2 - I'll bet these 7 months have been torture, but still on the short side from what I've read on this forum. Don't give up.<P>WAT

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 820 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation