I always kind of peek and browse.

I jumped on for a minute when Writer and her husband resurfaced, but that didn't last long. I hope he has finally corrected his rectocranial inversion.

We are 5 days from the 1 year anniversary of my mother's death.

When we cleaned out her apartment, there was Christmas candy everywhere, some of it boxed and ready to be shipped.

End to end, there were sewing and quilting projects for children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

I had a little breakdown after Christmas - a good fat boy breakdown - as I sat eating a little tray of the last Christmas candy my mother ever made.

This weekend rolled around, and I get home Saturday morning to a messy kitchen. A mess of Christmas candy.

My wife is no domestic goddess, despite her constant jokes over the years that she just wants to be a housewife. That would entail take-out 5 nights a week. It isn't a complaint. I'm down for whatever makes her happy. I do cook my share of meals - I am the better cook after all.

But, she had 23 years of my mother's Christmas candy, and she didn't want that to end. So, she took this weekend off and went at it. She scalded the white chocolate. Twice. I tried to help.... and scalded the third batch.

She got mom's peanut butter balls and Russian tea cakes DOWN, though.

We could have not been here. I could have walked away. But, I would have missed out on one hell of a wife. She earns her spot every day..