Marriage Builders
Posted By: kel An Instant - 03/26/99 08:54 PM
An Instant<P>It took a while to know him,<BR>We had long talks, we laughed, we shared,<BR>It took a while for him to know me,<BR>We encouraged each other, supported, cared,<BR> But it only took an instant to love him.<P>It took a while to know that love,<BR>To understand what it meant, how we felt.<BR>We both have others, children and homes,<BR>We both agreed not to risk all that.<BR> But it only took an instant to kiss him.<P>In his arms I felt a peace,<BR>I never thought I'd had before.<BR>But maybe it was just so long ago,<BR>I know it left me wanting more.<BR>I felt the need in his kiss,<BR>He pulled me close, what he wanted, I knew.<BR>I struggled in my mind a while,<BR>What do I want? What should I do?<BR> But it only took an instant to lie down with him.<P>It was that instant,<BR>Borne of all that came in my life before…<BR>That has changed forever who I am….<BR>I am who I was but less and more.<P>The others in our lives could tell,<BR>It wasn't long and they'd found out.<BR>It took a while to try to explain,<BR>While they struggled with hurt and doubt.<BR> But it only took an instant for our world to fall apart.<P>We had known what we had would have to end,<BR>We struggled with our feelings, we talked, but we knew,<BR>It was the best for everyone, the best for our kids,<BR>The courageous thing, the right thing to do.<BR> But it only took an instant for my heart to break in two.<P>Now it's been a while and I'm still left with all these pieces.<BR>Pieces of my love, my hope, my dreams, my heart.<BR>It will take a long while to pick them all up,<BR> But it only took an instant to break them all apart.<BR>Kellie<BR>
Posted By: kel Re: An Instant - 03/27/99 02:33 AM
i actuallly wrote this for my best friend who had an affair with my H...she said 'I've learned something you do in an instant can cause you a heartache for life'...and thus the poem came into my head...<BR>thanks for the words,<BR>you seem to write poetry much more 'easily' than i do...your images just flow...its nice to read...<BR>kellie
Posted By: Marseeya Re: An Instant - 03/27/99 02:31 PM
WOW! That makes me look at it in a whole different light. What insight you have.<P>I agree with you about Glenn's poems. I haven't written many about my situation because it hurts too much. <P>Marcia
© Marriage Builders® Forums