Marriage Builders
Posted By: spider How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 03:00 AM
To all BS, can you tell me how long it has been since D-day? Mine is going on 16 months and still going
Posted By: lovemyhubby Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 03:14 AM
D-Day was 5 months and 11 days ago, but who's counting! lol
Posted By: Orchid Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 03:17 AM
10 months and 7 days. <P>L.
Posted By: Rodger Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 03:24 AM
Mine was 8 months. I still think about it each day.
Posted By: Nina too Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 08:38 AM
A#1 10 months and five days.<P>A# 2 1 month 20 days, though he hasn't agreed that it is an A...just friends.
Posted By: owen Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 01:19 PM
Well,she left may 27 2001 so 4 months now,guess the affair has been going on since early april though.
Posted By: mands Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 06:42 PM
D day was 6 months ago, and she has told me that she is no longer seeing him - he dumped her!, but unfortunately there's still no sign of her returning<P>mands
Posted By: Terrified Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 07:01 PM
Dday was April 2, 2001, almost six months ago and my H has found himself an apartment for October 1st to find "his happiness".
Posted By: Guarded Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 07:22 PM
D-Day was 2 years and 7 months ago. Recovery hasn't been easy, but we're getting there.<P>I suppose, according to Marriage Builders standards, we are as "fully recovered" as much we can be. My H is now everything I would want in a H, but in my heart, that one flaw (his decision to have an affair) will always exist.<P>That is the unfortunate reality of it. <p>[This message has been edited by Survivor [aka_NoTrust] (edited September 30, 2001).]
Posted By: jdmac1 Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 07:28 PM
6 Months, 2 Weeks, 4 Days= D-Day #1<P> 2 Weeks, 6 Days= D-Day #2<P> Got to keep trying! <P> jd
Posted By: Sad Sally Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 07:35 PM
Mine was july 24, 2001, 2 Months and 6 days everyday has been horrible since DDay, H was having an A for over a year until I found out. Sally
Posted By: BJoanne Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 08:33 PM
2 months 12 days since D-Day, 1 month 11 days since we lived in the same place, 2 weeks since he moved out of the house to find his own place and not toalk to me at all.<P>Unfortunately nothing ever looks up, and nothing ever gets easier....at least not fer me right now.....<P>I guess we need some positive posts here...any recovery people?
Posted By: tossedwave Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 09/30/01 11:09 PM
D-day has been 5 months...A started in March, I think. WS has been gone for 3 weeks and lives a few miles away. Keeps in touch and pays/helps with the home. Still very confused and does not know what he wants.<BR>TW<BR>
Posted By: cybil Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 01:07 AM
D-day was 3/29/01 yesterday was 6mos. Although I believe EA was 6wks or so before he left.
Posted By: Waiting2Exhale Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 02:01 AM
I think it was over a lifetime ago.. sure feels that way.<BR>Over 2 yrs ago.. nothing much better today than then though. *sigh* Actually many things in a worse state than DDay.<p>[This message has been edited by Waiting2Exhale (edited September 30, 2001).]
Posted By: heartache Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 02:43 AM
D-Day was June 1,1999. So tomorrow will be going into month number 28. Gosh life has been hell since I found out-and my hurt will never stop. H loves me and I love him-but they turned my life upside down-and shattered my trust. I ahte the fact that I have to keep on living.............with this hurt.<P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<P>"Life's A Dance<BR>You Learn As You Go.<BR>Sometimes You Lead<BR>Sometimes You Follow!<BR>Don't worry 'Bout What You Don't Know<BR>LIfe's A Dance <BR>You Learn As You Go."
Posted By: loveslabourslost Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 08:37 PM
2 months 16 days since 1st D-Day, 2 months since 2nd D-Day.... <BR>Judging from other posts...looks like I'm going to feel shredded for awhile. Good thing at this point I feel like H is worth it. <BR>The good thing is - there won't be a third "D"-Day....Next one will read as Divorce-Day.<BR>LLL
Posted By: manfaith Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 08:44 PM
D Day was 3 1/2 months, separated for last two. Are seeing some signs of improvement and backing off of her desire for divorce. Still unsure where we're headed though. Limbo really sucks, but what else do us BS's do? "Getting On" with our life is the same thing that we're doing now.<P>I thought anything over six months or so should be Plan B? Anybody making headway with a long term Plan A. That's gotta be tough.
Posted By: hurtinginil Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 08:59 PM
Tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM, it will be 18 months ago that I discovered the long, dark hair in our shower that obviously did not belong to me.....<P>When I first joined MB and saw other members that had been going through this for over a year I seriously thought I would die before being able to deal with it for that long. Well, here we are 18 months later---it has been hell on earth, but I am still very much alive.....<P>I also see that Terrified's dday was April 2, 2001 and I know of someone else that also had their dday on April 2, 1999. What is it about that date???? That is very, very scary!!
Posted By: GodlyMan Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 09:01 PM
Just over three months. Seems like 6 months, at least.<P>Truth be told, very little has changed, except my expectations.
Posted By: Rose Red Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 09:02 PM
D-day was 3 months, 18 days ago. After a couple of very bad weeks, we're having a very good day today. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: bighope Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 09:19 PM
Spider<P>D-day #1 was Feb 00'<BR>D-day w/same OW was Aug 00'<P>Things are much better then before the affair.<P>Judy
Posted By: lifeismessy Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 09:34 PM
My d-day was 7 and a half months ago- Valentines day so I certainly wont forget it. H insisted he was leaving me for OW, was cold to me for several months and filed for divorce on me. Then changed his mind and we;ve been in counseling ever since. No plans to divorce now. But recovery is harder than I ever thought possible. Good luck to all of you who are trying to save your marriages.
Posted By: ela611 Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 11:44 PM
STBX left on July 24, 2001 . I filed for divorce on September 18, 2001. Waiting for word if he signs the papers or not.
Posted By: Faith n Him Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/01/01 11:54 PM
8 months-----8 long, long months ago [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Krystal
Posted By: Vegarose Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/02/01 12:19 AM
D-day 8 months ago. H (ws) had 2 1/2 year relationship with OW. LONG STORY!! If anyone wants to hear it, I'll post it. We are in recovery now, and doing really well. MC suggested that maybe we don't need him anymore. We have one more session. H took steps on D-day to end contact. Changed cell#, blocked e-mail and IM. I made mistake of contacting OW in the beginning. Bad move. She had no idea he was still married and living with me. She had more questions than I did. She told me things I really didn't want to hear. Set me back a bit. Don't contact OP!! H is totally committed to our marriage and I think we may make it! <BR>Good luck to all
Posted By: Always Hopeful Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/02/01 01:32 AM
It will be one year Oct. 15th. My mother's birthday, ironically. Seems like a lifetime ago...
Posted By: spider Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/02/01 02:46 AM
To everyone, Hang in there! I sometimes think back how I could stand it myself. I guess there are good days and bad. I was reading the recovery posts and there is hope! My prayers are with you
Posted By: Love Is Patient Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/02/01 03:36 AM
Six weeks ago today was my DDay. My H(WS)'s PA was in May 2000, so he held it all in for 1 1/2 years. The OW is who told me of their 3 week fling. She was my best friend. Our relationship is on a roller coaster. Had MC last week and H was withdrawn. Had MC appt today. H is more open and communicative. Don't know what next week will bring. I take one day at a time.
Posted By: SusanSusan Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/02/01 04:02 AM
My D-Day was April 1, 2000. April Fools's Day. <P>Just thinking about it makes my body ache all over.<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>"Mother, Mother Ocean, I have heard you call" -- <Jimmy Buffett>
6 months<P>------------------<BR>...Keeping a stiff upper lip. Life begins on the other side of despair.<BR>-Scarlet Pumpernickle<BR>s_pumpernickle@yahoo.com
Posted By: Bgentle Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/03/01 04:23 PM
2 months. I guess I am just a baby compared to you all!
Posted By: champ Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/03/01 06:20 PM
Oct 16 will be 2 years<P>I still think about it everyday
Posted By: spider Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/05/01 05:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by champ:<BR><B>Oct 16 will be 2 years<P>I still think about it everyday</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
Posted By: spider Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/05/01 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by champ:<BR><B>Oct 16 will be 2 years<BR>Champ,<BR>Are you 2 separated?<BR>I still think about it everyday</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
Posted By: StillHangingInThere Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/05/01 05:51 AM
Mine was 3 months and 9 days ago. It's been the longest 3 months and 9 days in my life.
Posted By: champ Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/05/01 05:58 AM
We are together and our M has improved alot. But I do not think I will ever get over it.
Posted By: katsev Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/11/01 07:07 PM
D-Day was September 13, 1999. H's A is still on my mind too much.
Posted By: jeffers Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/11/01 08:00 PM
5 months, 14 days... but whose counting. (after all, it was never more than "just friends")<P>Things are <B>much</B> better now. I just need to keep with this marriage building stuff.<P>Jeffers
Posted By: yes_dup17 Re: How Long was/is your D-day?? - 10/12/01 04:59 PM
Found out 11 Dec 97 - but the EA continued on for 2 years - we're still together married 31 years soon - husband the type who wanted to recover by forgetting it happened and never to speak of it again. That wouldn't have been my way, but really not much choice. I've learned to accept and make the best of a marriage that is not perfect. I know he loves me and he's tried as best he can to make things better. And they are better. The good in our marriage far outweighs the bad - and isn't that all anyone can ask.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums