Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
R
D-day was 3 months, 18 days ago. After a couple of very bad weeks, we're having a very good day today. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
Spider<P>D-day #1 was Feb 00'<BR>D-day w/same OW was Aug 00'<P>Things are much better then before the affair.<P>Judy

L
L
My d-day was 7 and a half months ago- Valentines day so I certainly wont forget it. H insisted he was leaving me for OW, was cold to me for several months and filed for divorce on me. Then changed his mind and we;ve been in counseling ever since. No plans to divorce now. But recovery is harder than I ever thought possible. Good luck to all of you who are trying to save your marriages.

E
E
STBX left on July 24, 2001 . I filed for divorce on September 18, 2001. Waiting for word if he signs the papers or not.

F
F
8 months-----8 long, long months ago [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Krystal

V
V
D-day 8 months ago. H (ws) had 2 1/2 year relationship with OW. LONG STORY!! If anyone wants to hear it, I'll post it. We are in recovery now, and doing really well. MC suggested that maybe we don't need him anymore. We have one more session. H took steps on D-day to end contact. Changed cell#, blocked e-mail and IM. I made mistake of contacting OW in the beginning. Bad move. She had no idea he was still married and living with me. She had more questions than I did. She told me things I really didn't want to hear. Set me back a bit. Don't contact OP!! H is totally committed to our marriage and I think we may make it! <BR>Good luck to all

A
A
It will be one year Oct. 15th. My mother's birthday, ironically. Seems like a lifetime ago...

S
spider Offline OP
OP Offline
S
To everyone, Hang in there! I sometimes think back how I could stand it myself. I guess there are good days and bad. I was reading the recovery posts and there is hope! My prayers are with you

L
L
Six weeks ago today was my DDay. My H(WS)'s PA was in May 2000, so he held it all in for 1 1/2 years. The OW is who told me of their 3 week fling. She was my best friend. Our relationship is on a roller coaster. Had MC last week and H was withdrawn. Had MC appt today. H is more open and communicative. Don't know what next week will bring. I take one day at a time.

S
S
My D-Day was April 1, 2000. April Fools's Day. <P>Just thinking about it makes my body ache all over.<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>"Mother, Mother Ocean, I have heard you call" -- <Jimmy Buffett>

S
S
6 months<P>------------------<BR>...Keeping a stiff upper lip. Life begins on the other side of despair.<BR>-Scarlet Pumpernickle<BR>s_pumpernickle@yahoo.com

B
B
2 months. I guess I am just a baby compared to you all!

C
C
Oct 16 will be 2 years<P>I still think about it everyday

S
spider Offline OP
OP Offline
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by champ:<BR><B>Oct 16 will be 2 years<P>I still think about it everyday</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

S
spider Offline OP
OP Offline
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by champ:<BR><B>Oct 16 will be 2 years<BR>Champ,<BR>Are you 2 separated?<BR>I still think about it everyday</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

S
S
Mine was 3 months and 9 days ago. It's been the longest 3 months and 9 days in my life.

C
C
We are together and our M has improved alot. But I do not think I will ever get over it.

K
K
D-Day was September 13, 1999. H's A is still on my mind too much.

J
J
5 months, 14 days... but whose counting. (after all, it was never more than "just friends")<P>Things are <B>much</B> better now. I just need to keep with this marriage building stuff.<P>Jeffers

Y
Y
Found out 11 Dec 97 - but the EA continued on for 2 years - we're still together married 31 years soon - husband the type who wanted to recover by forgetting it happened and never to speak of it again. That wouldn't have been my way, but really not much choice. I've learned to accept and make the best of a marriage that is not perfect. I know he loves me and he's tried as best he can to make things better. And they are better. The good in our marriage far outweighs the bad - and isn't that all anyone can ask.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation