Marriage Builders
Posted By: familyof3 ? for all...please... - 04/11/00 03:26 PM
My boys are suposed to go for a visit w/H this weekend....they are sick...I am taking them to the Dr. this morning......I dont think they should go. what do you all think.<P>amanda<P>dont want to fight with my h....<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever" <P>thevancefamily@hotmail.com
Posted By: Basketry Re: ? for all...please... - 04/11/00 03:43 PM
Hi Amanda,<P>I don't know a whole lot about kids and illnesses, but it is only Tuesday and the weekend is 3 days away. A lot can happen in that much time. What is the matter with the kids (cold, flu, chicken pox, measles)?<P>I doubt your husband will want them if they are <B>really</B> sick, but sniffles are part of being a parent (as you well know).<P>I'd play it by ear, take them to the Dr's, keep your husband apprised of their health and decide closer to the weekend.<P>Kindest regards,<P>------------------<BR>RobinAnn<P>*********<P>Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!
Posted By: lostva Re: ? for all...please... - 04/11/00 03:54 PM
Been there, done that (1st marriage!).Yuck!<P>Take them to the doctor. Watch them closely. Advise your H of their condition and needs and let HIM make the call. He's a parent, too. <P>Before anyone says anything, he$$ yes I know how hard it is and how much it hurts to let go of your baby when they're sick and need you! But there are two parents here. And both have the right and the responsibility to be a nurturing parent. It could be, however, that he's not anxious to be a nurse (my ex never was) and would be much more willing to trade this time for another time when they're feeling better. And that's YOUR call. I always arranged it though. And now I'm glad I did.<P>Good luck. And give those boys an extra hug for me.<P>Hugs,<P>Lori
Posted By: jamie-lee Re: ? for all...please... - 04/11/00 04:47 PM
Hey amandaa,<P>I agree with Lori [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com
Posted By: familyof3 Re: ? for all...please... - 04/12/00 04:15 AM
I guess I should of been a little clearer this morning.....they have to fly to another state for the visit. it is not that i dont think he can take care of them because i know he can, it that the stress of the flight and the visit will only make them feel worse....<P>anyway I took them to the DR. and he said it is just the flu and they "should" be fine...so i am sending them....I did warn my H that they will most likely not be on their best behavior though....<P><BR>tanks to all<P><BR>amanda<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever" <P>thevancefamily@hotmail.com
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums