Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#374908 04/11/00 10:26 AM
F
OP Offline
F
My boys are suposed to go for a visit w/H this weekend....they are sick...I am taking them to the Dr. this morning......I dont think they should go. what do you all think.<P>amanda<P>dont want to fight with my h....<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever" <P>thevancefamily@hotmail.com

#374909 04/11/00 10:43 AM
B
B
Hi Amanda,<P>I don't know a whole lot about kids and illnesses, but it is only Tuesday and the weekend is 3 days away. A lot can happen in that much time. What is the matter with the kids (cold, flu, chicken pox, measles)?<P>I doubt your husband will want them if they are <B>really</B> sick, but sniffles are part of being a parent (as you well know).<P>I'd play it by ear, take them to the Dr's, keep your husband apprised of their health and decide closer to the weekend.<P>Kindest regards,<P>------------------<BR>RobinAnn<P>*********<P>Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!

#374910 04/11/00 10:54 AM
L
L
Been there, done that (1st marriage!).Yuck!<P>Take them to the doctor. Watch them closely. Advise your H of their condition and needs and let HIM make the call. He's a parent, too. <P>Before anyone says anything, he$$ yes I know how hard it is and how much it hurts to let go of your baby when they're sick and need you! But there are two parents here. And both have the right and the responsibility to be a nurturing parent. It could be, however, that he's not anxious to be a nurse (my ex never was) and would be much more willing to trade this time for another time when they're feeling better. And that's YOUR call. I always arranged it though. And now I'm glad I did.<P>Good luck. And give those boys an extra hug for me.<P>Hugs,<P>Lori

#374911 04/11/00 11:47 AM
J
J
Hey amandaa,<P>I agree with Lori [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

#374912 04/11/00 11:15 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I guess I should of been a little clearer this morning.....they have to fly to another state for the visit. it is not that i dont think he can take care of them because i know he can, it that the stress of the flight and the visit will only make them feel worse....<P>anyway I took them to the DR. and he said it is just the flu and they "should" be fine...so i am sending them....I did warn my H that they will most likely not be on their best behavior though....<P><BR>tanks to all<P><BR>amanda<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever" <P>thevancefamily@hotmail.com

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 363 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation