Marriage Builders
Posted By: NoMas If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 06:03 PM
Hope that is not to personal.....anyone mind posting their age here?<P>I am the BIG *40*<BR>Wife is 40 also.<BR>Married ninteen years.<p>[This message has been edited by NoMas (edited June 26, 2000).]
Posted By: mthrrhbard Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 06:12 PM
Not too personal. I'm 37, so is H.
Posted By: kam6318 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 06:15 PM
I am 41. H is 42.
Posted By: Guarded Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 06:21 PM
Hi No Mas!<P>I'm 35 and my H is 33.
Posted By: mkn Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 06:32 PM
I am 40, my stbx is 37
Posted By: Lapeine Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 06:35 PM
Gosh, I feel young. I'm 27, H is 30.
Posted By: TruthSeeker Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 06:54 PM
I'm 38 (almost 39). H is 44.
I'm 43. <P><p>[This message has been edited by siftedlikewheat (edited June 30, 2000).]
Posted By: peppermint Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 07:16 PM
Hello all,<P>I'm 43 (as of last Thursday), and my husband (username firestorm) is 47. We've been married for 23 years.<P>Peppermint
Posted By: RWD Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 07:20 PM
I'll be 45 in Nov. X just turned 43.
Posted By: tootrusting Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 07:24 PM
I'm 43, H is 45
40...and guess what...H had his affair six weeks after he turned 40. I have pictures of our camping trip to his favorite place on his birthday. We look (and I thought were a radient family leading a almost charmed life).<P>6 weeks later a brazen hussy preys upon him in a bar (unusual circumstance) and bang...that's all it took.<P>Hmm...that 40 thing is suspect...don't you think?
Posted By: Resilient Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 07:39 PM
Hola NoMas,<P>I am 45 and H is 45. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>We've been married 15 yrs Sept 1st, together 20 yrs.<P>No children, unless you count OCs, they are 7 & 8 (boys). OW is 43.<P>Jo<p>[This message has been edited by Resilient (edited July 03, 2000).]
Posted By: theo Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 07:41 PM
I'm 32 and my W will be 31 on July 5th...married for 10.5 years...means everything to me, nothing to her....
Posted By: momma Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 07:45 PM
Don't really want to answer this, because I'm SO young! But, we're all friends, right!? You all probably won't believe me, and I hope you don't think any less of me because I am younger than most here.<P>I'm 23, my H is 25. Married 6 yrs. (Yep, pregnant at 16, married at 17!) Together for 8 yrs. <P>(XOM is 21 yrs. older than me--told you he was MUCH older! Totally insane, I know!)<P>See, these problems come from all ages, sizes, backgrounds, etc.!<P><p>[This message has been edited by momma (edited June 29, 2000).]
H and I are both 45...within the last two weeks.<P>Yikes! How the heck did I get this old?<P>Married 14 years in September; together 17 years.<P>Double yikes!
Posted By: sobeit Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 08:10 PM
Not older than dirt, but not far from it either. Edging more closely toward 45.
Posted By: Raskal Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 08:11 PM
Hello NoMas,<P>I am 34, my husband is 42. We have been together 15 years, married for 12.5 years.<P>Not too personal at all!
Posted By: MF Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 08:18 PM
Hi,<BR>I'm 32, my H just became 38.<BR>Married 5 1/2 years.
I'm 35 and H is 40. I definately feel that 40 brings trouble.
Posted By: F A Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 08:46 PM
I'm 34 my W is 31<BR>From the look of the ages here on this thread, either this doesn't happen to too many couples in their 20's or not too many couples in their 20's know about this site.
Posted By: yes_dup411 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 09:07 PM
I'm 38, soon to be 39.<P>My W turned 41 this month.<P>Married 16 years next month, having met and dated in college.<p>[This message has been edited by keystone (edited June 26, 2000).]
Posted By: TomH Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 09:11 PM
I'm 46. My wife is 45. Her OM is 29. We've been married 20 years.
I'm 35. H is 32.
I'm 39, Wife is 38.<BR>Married 20.5 years.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>
Posted By: missy9 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 09:28 PM
Hi:<BR>Both h and myself are 35. <BR>Been married 12 years and together 20<P>
Posted By: hopeful1771 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 09:46 PM
I'm 29.<BR>My H is 37 (38 in September)<BR>Married 7 years (8 years on H's 38th birthday)<BR>
I am 21, H is 24. We've been married for 3 years. <P>Hopefully H doesn't hit a mid-life crisis, I can only imagine what that would entail!!
Posted By: Lor (Lor) Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 10:12 PM
I'm 40, Guard will be forty Jul. 19, married 17 years.
Posted By: heartache Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 11:17 PM
Hi all,<P>I turned 43 on the 16th of June. H is 38-39 in December.<P>Married 11 years.<P>Lord knows I won't make it thru any mid-life anything with him! I hope it never happens (the crisis I mean-not his 40th).<P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<BR>"Loyalty Is A Two Way Street"<BR>
Posted By: Nellie1 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 11:20 PM
I'm 46, H is 50. Married 20 years.
Posted By: wasstubborn Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 11:24 PM
I'm 39...for a few more months.<BR>H is 41...for a few more months.<BR>Yes he started pursuing the Bimbo shortly before his B-day and went in for the kill two months after turning the Big 40. For those who do not belive in Midlife Crisis...take a good look around.<BR>My turn?
Posted By: Lora Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/26/00 11:25 PM
I'm 43, H is 45. Married 10 years, together 17.
Posted By: MEDIC238 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 12:02 AM
Man, such tough questions,<P>I will hit the physical age of 40 on July 2nd. Mentally I am hovering between 13 and 14. Don't know if I like girls yet or not. No, I will not look at some guys hairy [censored] and say this is love. Forget it.<P>Val will be 30 on the 8th of July. She doesn't look too bad for her age. The stress of the affair has aged her greatly. I would still throw one in her. [hope I don't offend anyone here, I am getting back into the Medic groove.] Oh, wait, we are still married, no wonder I don't have sex. [sarcastic comment, please don't kill me]<P>Our anniversary is on the 22nd of July. That would be 6 years. We have been together for 12.<P>I love her dearly and wish nothing less than to rebuild the marriage. Slowly starting to loose what little mind I have left.<P>May the force be with you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 12:08 AM
I'm 21 and Tamahome is 23.<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse</A> is where my page is. Oh yeah, THANKS EVERYBODY FOR REPLIES!!!:) Very much appreciated!:)
Posted By: nowhereman Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 12:34 AM
I usually post on the emotional needs page, but I lurk here to re-inforce the pain of EA's and PA's so I stay focused on my W.<P>I'm 36 and my W is 36. We didn't get married until both of us were 30. We've been together almost 7 1/2 years.
Posted By: Vee Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 03:19 AM
I'm 24, My H is 25. Married 3yrs. Seems like too soon to be having so many problems doesn't it?! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: inamess Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:10 AM
MOMMA,<P>I didnt know you were that young! Im glad to see it!<P>I am 25. H is 30. I wish I was 2.! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>We have been married for 6 years. Both right out of college!<P>WOW! I dont want to make it to 40.<BR>I now believe in mid-life crisis!<BR>DID YOU SEE THE 40's?<BR>Why is this happening in the 20's?<BR>------------------<BR>We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Repeat that 5 times a day. I promise you success!<p>[This message has been edited by inamess (edited June 26, 2000).]
Posted By: ThisAlex Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:23 AM
I turned 45 in May- before the dirt hit the fan in November everyone said I looked 35- now I look my age and getting older by the minute.<P>W turned 40 in April 1st- no kidding + she denies that middle age has anything to do with this crap; everyone used to say she looked her age and now she looks much older AND getting older by the second.<P>OP is 50 but looks 40 and getting younger.<P>Daughter is 8 going into 15.
Posted By: yes_dup518 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:27 AM
I'm 39, H is 42... Married 16 years... <BR>Have 5 children... 18, 15, 14, 11, 9...<p>[This message has been edited by Lacee (edited June 26, 2000).]
Posted By: Mitzi Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:54 AM
I just turned 31 in May. Stbx H turned 33 in May.<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Samantha * Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 05:18 AM
I am 47 and fast approaching 48 in September. Husband just turned 43. <P>Yep, 40 was when he really got into OW. I agree with Wassi, midlife crisis has a deffinate thing in all of this mess.<P>We have been married 16.5 years and together 18, July 9, 2000. My favorite anniversary, when we got together. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited June 27, 2000).]
Posted By: homer Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 05:33 AM
I am 28 and my roomate(wife) is about to turn 32.
Posted By: Mynabird Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 05:45 AM
Oh, dangit, I was doing so well... not thinking of the big 3-0 fast approaching. XH is 37. Former OW (now W *snicker*) is 24. Kinda funny how living with a horrible person can age you. I look new W's age, and she looks his... she stopped smiling a while back. Looks like she got the booby-prize [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] The X's kids from his affair are now 2 and 3 years old.<BR> Wonderchild is 6 1/2, going on 16 *already*!!<BR> Mynabird<BR> ----Time Marches On... Then You Realize It's Marching Right Across Your Face.------
Posted By: Monen Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 06:37 AM
I'm 23 - H is 29.<BR>Married 3 years on July 11. All this happened in our 2nd year!! Why!!??<P>------------------<BR>"I believe... this is heaven to no one else but me - and I'll defend it long as I can be left here to linger in silence if I choose to would you try to understand?" - Sarah McLachlan
Posted By: J Willy Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 11:28 AM
I'll have to look again but it seems I may be at least one of th oldest if not the oldest so far. I have aged 10 years in the last 6 months but, I'm 49, W is 48, 25 years of marriage. One D 17 now pregnant living with me and dumped father/boyfriend.<P>Love and Prayers for All!!!<P>J W<P><BR>I looked again so far I am the oldest...thanks for pointing that out NoMas lol.<p>[This message has been edited by J Willy (edited June 27, 2000).]
Posted By: janetw Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 11:32 AM
I'm 35, my H is 34 - working toward 10 yrs in Nov.
Posted By: Keridwen7 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 12:39 PM
Hi,<P>I'm 35.<BR>Stbx is 34 - will be 35 in Nov. (OW is 35) He is having a MLC even though he's kinda young for it.<P>We've been married 15 years. Together 17 years. Will probably be divorced within the next 6 weeks. Paperwork is through, just waiting for H to sign and then file. sigh We used to be so happy. You just never know.<P>3 kids - boy 14, girl 11, & boy 9.<P><P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com
Posted By: yes_dup401 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 12:52 PM
My H and I are both 36. I think the OW is 34 not sure but definately acts 16.
Posted By: momma Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by inamess:<BR><B>DID YOU SEE THE 40's?<BR>Why is this happening in the 20's?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thinks it's because we got married too young!<P>Yeah, those 40's are scary! I hope both my H and I can make it through that time. Maybe we already went through our "mid-life crisis" now!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><p>[This message has been edited by momma (edited June 27, 2000).]
Posted By: purplemag Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 02:34 PM
I'm 30, 31 in Sept. and H is 34, soon to be 35 in July. We'll be married 6 years in Sept. Been together 8 years total.<P>That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Jane35 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 02:45 PM
I bet you guess this one . . .<P>I'm 35<BR>H is 37<BR>Married for 14 years
Posted By: BonnieSept Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 02:49 PM
I'm 37, husband will be 36 in August.
Posted By: Annc Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 03:02 PM
No, JWilly, you now have company - you are not the oldest!<BR>I just turned 48(although I don't feel it or feel I look it-sorry, that was not meant the way it sounded - have been working out a lot lately - helps with the stress); H will soon turn 49. And, yes, mid-life crisis is fact, not fiction!!!<BR>Married almost 24 years...<BR>
Posted By: Tenderheart Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 03:31 PM
40's are scary aren't they? H is 43 and I am 40. Gives you young folks something to look forward to. Perhaps you can get it out of your system now so you won't have to suffer later?
Ah what the heck...<P>I'm 41, stbx will be 41 in August... and yes, the 40's are hell...
Posted By: Basketry Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:11 PM
I'm 43, H is 44<P>------------------<BR>RobinAnn<P>*********<P>Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle.<P>Marianne Williamson
Hmmmmm.......<P>Our ages?<P>Dang I was hoping to find a couple or even just one person who posts here that is older than I am!!!!!!!<P>LOL!<P>I will be the BIG FIVE 0 (50) in Oct. Hubby will reach the same milestone in Dec.<P>Making us both currently 49, and holding. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>The OW just turned 49 this past Sun. Yeah, she's younger, although not by much.<P>I'm curious, are many of the OP quite a bit younger than the betrayed? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the OP tends to be younger.<P>Maybe my situation is just that much odder than the average.<P>FC
Posted By: NoMas Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:21 PM
Fingers...since you asked...<P>I am 40 and the "OW" <I hate that term...she is a human being...a wonderful woman...who shares a common weakness as me> Anyway, she is 31.<P>Age was never an issue here with me. Wasn't out looking for a "younger babe". She just happens to be a few years younger.<P>I think a common trait in men going through the Midlife thing is trying to hold on to their youth....or recapture it. This was never the case for me.<BR>
Posted By: Resilient Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:23 PM
Hey Fingers Crossed,<P>The OW in my situation is 43, my H & I are 45. So I don't consider her THAT much younger.<P>The classic MLC I've heard about is where the 40 yo WS trades their S in for two 20 year olds. I think that was supposed to be funny. Sorry.<P>Jo
Posted By: az allison Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:31 PM
I'm 42 (and feeling 80 today), my husband is 48 (and looking 88 lately.)<P>OW (I hate that term too sometimes) is 47. Thank God she wasn't some 20 year old with great thighs.<P>You'd think we'd all know better at our ages wouldn't you? Sometimes I think my teenagers have better morals than us 40's.<P>allison
Posted By: Mitzi Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:35 PM
Ok, someone asked about the OW.<P>In my case, she's older than both of us. I'm 31, H is 33 and the OW is 40. Makes me feel more secure! <P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Raskal Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 04:37 PM
NoMas,<P>My EA was with a person I got close to via the net, although we never met, but had planned to. He was 35. If this is not a mid-life crisis for me, I am not looking forward to those years!<P>So, were you able to reach out to your wife, yet? How are you holding up? <P><BR>
I am 33 and H is 30. And ya know, I was going to post how old the OM is, but I truly can't remember. It is either 35 or 37. <P>It has been 8 months since D day, and not a day passes that I don't reflect on the horrible decision I made to start a relationship with the OM. I surprised myself by not remembering how old he is. Maybe there is hope that he will be extinguished from my mind forever someday. <P>It is true, we do learn from our mistakes. But will I carry the scar forever???<BR>
Posted By: momma Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/27/00 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trying to rebuild:<B>But will I carry the scar forever??? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Trying to rebuild,<P>I think that scar is going to remain there for a very long time, but as time goes on, the scar will slowly fade, and who knows, some scars completely disappear to where you can't even see them anymore. Or maybe to the point where you can tell the scar was there, but just barely. This is how I'm looking at it through my situation. Maybe that will help you. ??<BR>
Posted By: Murphy Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/28/00 04:36 AM
I'm 46,look 36,act 26.<BR> Stbx is 44.<BR> OM is 33. Married 23 yrs.<BR> --Murph
Posted By: catnip Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/28/00 04:47 AM
I win, I win!!! I'm the oldest and the fairest of them all. I am 51, spouse is 51, and OW is 35. There is some justice in this world as OW LOOKS 51 and I look 35!!!<P>=^^= Catnip
Posted By: bonnet Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/28/00 05:19 AM
Yay Catnip - glad to read that one!!!!!<P>I'm 34, H is 36. Married 10 years Oct 2000, but will be divorced by then.<P>We have 2 daughters, nearly 5, and just turned 2.<P>I don't think I want to get married again, just to go through this again in some 8 years time but with someone else....<P>Isn't that a happy positive thought???!!!!<P>You guys seem to be right, this MLC is real isn't it. I think this is what my H had, just a tad early........<P>love and hugs to us all<P>Jo
Posted By: yes_dup18 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/28/00 01:42 PM
Out of lurkdom...<P>I am 44, H DuncanMac is 45.<P>I think we win the "been there, done that" prize: my affair started when I was 28, the classic "seven-year-itch" thing (ok, 6 1/2, but who's counting...). Dunc's was when he was 43... the classic MLC thing. Whew! I think we've *both* got it out of our systems now... <P>I do think that both periods in a marriage can be vulnerable ones, hence the "demographic bulge" here on MB of fortysomethings and late-twenty/early thirtysomethings (that's a mouthful).<P>Soldier on, folks! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~suse~<BR>Rome wasn't built in a day.<BR>
Posted By: Bystander Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/28/00 02:11 PM
<BR>I'm 36, W is 39. Married 14 years, together 16 years. First and only marriage for both of us.<P>Bystander
Posted By: schizzo Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/28/00 02:16 PM
Ok, Suse.<P>I'm 38, soon to be 39 (on Sunday, just like Medic). H is 35<P>Suse got me to reply. H's 1st OW started 2 years ago at the 7 year mark + he is definitely going through a MLC (they say it's earlier these days with more ambitious people) AND I had two kids 3 and 1 at the time. That is also a stress time for a marriage.<P>Guess it all hit at once. I hope we can do it right from here.
Posted By: bwilling Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/28/00 04:11 PM
I'm 42, W just turned the big 40, requiring a special celebration - check it out at<P> <A HREF="http://users.ticnet.com/justwilling/suzibday/suzibday.html" TARGET=_blank>http://users.ticnet.com/justwilling/suzibday/suzibday.html</A>
I am 38 <BR>H is 39<BR>Married for 16 years
Posted By: yes_dup453 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 05:44 AM
I'm 45. H is 44. Been married 20 years. Together for 27 years.
Posted By: w.g.up.h Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 05:59 AM
Hi All,<P>I'm 34/be 35 in Aug.<BR>My stbxh is 35/be 36 the end of Nov.<P>Started around his b-day/has had a very <BR>difficult time dealing w/his age.<P>Married 12 years.......total almost 16.<BR>(D should be final sometime in Aug.)<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----
Posted By: Kat1 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/28/00 09:11 PM
40 in september H will be 40 in March next year.<P>Affair happened at thirty seven after 15 years of no problem marriage.<P>Both the age around 40, and the years around the 15th anniversary look very susceptible to affairs or at least problems in the relationship.<BR>I couldn't say why, but in a big majority of cases either one, other or both apply.<BR>Kat<P>------------------<BR>Each and everyone of us is deserving of a kind word, a gentle thought, and the gift of understanding.
Posted By: WilliamJ Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 12:31 AM
I'm 32 on Aug 15...<BR>STBX is 32 on Aug 3...<BR>LRB turned 18 sometime in may...<P>Married 6 years june 4...together 8 years...<P>Bill
I just turned 39 in April, H will be 43 in Dec. <BR>Married 19 years in Oct, been together almost 22 years.
Posted By: yes_dup18 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 12:47 AM
YIKES! Looks like a chastity belt ought to be mandatory equipment from about age 37 or so on.... Lookit 'em all! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: genesforme Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 01:05 AM
39, H is 42 - married 16, together 18.... <P>I agree with Suse - seems to be a BOG pattern here
Posted By: AStrongerMe Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 02:51 AM
I'm 38, stbxH 54. <BR>I was my stbx's MLC. Thank goodness he was single when we met. Unfortunately he never came out of the MLC, and it's still raging.<P>
Posted By: hopeful now Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 03:02 AM
I'm 45 and my h is 47. ExOW is probably 36-37. Mid-life crisis? Too many coincidences to ignore!
Posted By: az allison Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 03:22 AM
Ok, this proves nothing except I have too much time on my hands, but I tried to do a little math here (never my strong suit)<P>The average age for WS...37<P>Well, some of you knew that one without pulling out a calculator! LOL<P>allison
Posted By: mercy Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 04:04 AM
hi all back to read. I read some posts, thought some of you wouldn't be hre.. hoped anyway for the better.. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am 28 hubby 30. Married 8 years together 12.<P>om was older...<BR>absolutely no way to MLC no way no thanks...<BR>mercy
Posted By: rrunrr Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 03:20 PM
We are both 43; W born the day before me. I like to tell others that I married an older woman. (Hey, at one time she was TWICE my age!) <P>Married 15 this September; met 18 years ago.<P>Her EA probably started at 40-41. I believe it to be at the PA stage. No certain evidence.<P>No interest in following into the MLC thing, really!<P>RRunRR<P>
Posted By: dj Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 04:49 PM
I am 37 andW is 35. We are 1year and 8 months into recovery. Still have rough times,but all in all things are not bad. It is amazing how much you can accomplish when there are 2 people trying instead of 1.
Posted By: dj Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 04:50 PM
OOPs been so long since I posted I screwed up. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><p>[This message has been edited by dj (edited June 29, 2000).]
Posted By: SALEM139 Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/30/00 05:44 AM
HELLO GANG,<P>MY AGE IS: 33<BR>THE LOVE OF MY LIFE: 34<BR>KIDS: 2<BR>BIRDS: 2<BR>FISH: 1<BR>MARRIED: 8 YEARS <BR>TOGETHER: 9<P>------------------<BR>PSALMS 133<BR>AMOS 7:7-8<BR>ECCLESIASTES 12:1-7
Posted By: Dick Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 07:09 PM
Well I guess I take the honors of being the 'oldest' here...<P>I'm 58, look 48 and act 28 (sometimes 18)I look like Tom Skarritt (Picket Fences, Steel Magnolias)<P>I live by the philosophy that "while you can't help getting older, you can help getting old"<P>My fiance is 52 and looks 42<P>My former wife of 33+ years is 55<P>[censored] from Texas
Posted By: bighope Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 07:43 PM
OK, I am joining this too:<P>I am 37 and my husband will be 34 in July. Married 1 year, together three years. <P>I don't know if MLC can start this early, but he has said several things that makes me think he is a early bloomer.<P>BH<P>
Posted By: Distrusting Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 08:27 PM
I just celebrated my 2nd anniversary of being 29, a few days ago. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>H: Will be 36 next week.....although he still gets carded. Must be nice!<P>Married almost 6 years, together 7 1/2.<P>1 son--5<BR>Another child due in January<P>My zoo:<BR>3 dogs<BR>1 cat<BR>1 rabbit<BR>4 rats
Posted By: hurtinginil Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/29/00 08:34 PM
Both H and I are 27 and I am beginning to think he's in a MLC way too early. I'm truly scared for when he/we hit 40!<P>Married for 9 years, together for 10.<P>Three kids---8 1/2, 3 1/2 and 6 weeks.
I'm 41. Wife is 41. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Sweetpea Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/30/00 04:04 AM
I'm 49, and H just turned 53. Cafe Woman is 51.<P>H was 39 when he boinked the STD Tramp; she was 38, and I was 35.<P>I suspect H probably first cheated when he was 27, and I was 23 and pregnant with our 2nd child.<P>We were married 30 years ago on the 26th of June.<P>
I'm 41, H is 53. Married 13 years. <BR>
Posted By: alien Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/30/00 05:20 AM
I'm BS 36, my H is 35, married 6 years. Huge MLC.
Posted By: professorg Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 06/30/00 01:26 PM
Rob is 37, 38 on 29 Dec 2000<BR>W is 36, 37 on 21 Jan 2001<BR>Married 15 on 5 Oct 2000<BR>Keep getting teased by siblings about getting dangerously close to 40 since I am the oldest of 5.<P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net <p>[This message has been edited by professorg (edited June 30, 2000).]
Posted By: Bink Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/02/00 08:46 PM
I am 43 (until Aug.) H just turned 47 (in May). Married for 26 years. MLC? BIG TIME!!!!! H is Sadboy, with whom I'm very much in love. It was because he handled his MLC in such a constructive way that we believe we'll be together FOREVER!! He did a complete turn around. He had been soooo closed off and would not give me the intimacy I craved until about 1 1/2 years ago. (Problems with Pornography?). He announced out of the blue that he wanted MORE intimacy, not less or else he wanted out!!! This announcement was met with tears of relief on my part. Unfortunately, I had already not fared so well with my MLC. I started an affair just before I turned 40. This was revealed to H last Jan. I had already ended it. I wish he had started into his constructive MLC before I started into my destructive one. Anyway with help from MB principles, many of you might be able to avoid a "bad" MLC and turn it into a "good" one. Yeah! (Now if I could only get over the sting of losing the good looks I used to be so proud of). Oh well, at least I wake up every morning next to my one and only! I am truly blessed!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: chick's Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/03/00 01:26 AM
I am 39, H is 36. OW is 33 and I don't know her h's age. <BR>We've been married for 7 years today......<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!
Posted By: Iam4us Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/03/00 02:32 AM
I am 35 and my H is 50. OW is my age. I thought I was his MLC when we got together 13 years ago - but I was wrong. This is it in all the ways. . .attitude, girlfriend, clothes, jewlery, etc. He is a great Dad to our 4yr old son - but has almost abandonded is 24 year old son (bc of bad choices son made in his life. . . now H is making the same kind.) Go figure!!<P>
Posted By: 2sad Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/03/00 04:14 AM
Might as well add my stats. I'm in the "mature" range. Just turned 49 2 weeks ago. H will be 50 next month and has gray hair. Married 24 years. 4 daughters, 20, 18, 16 & 10.<P>Now we get to the real MLC part. OW turned 21 in April. Almost incestuous, isn't it? And I look better than she does.<P>2sad
Posted By: MJINGIT Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/03/00 05:44 AM
I'm 34, wife's 34...married 8 years...kids are 3 & 4.
Posted By: happy_girl Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/03/00 06:35 AM
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>i am 24, H is 27. OW is 28, and OC is 2 1/2.<P>married for 4 1/2 years. no kids, unless you count OC.<P>i fear the 40's after reading this. but i dare say i think my H learned his lesson. so he says.
Posted By: Leilana Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/03/00 06:38 PM
I'm 34, H is 37. Married 13yrs. Fell in love when I was 15 and he was 18. So together for 19 years. No kids--was planning In Vitro this year!<P>OW is 38. Her H is 40. 2 kids.<P>I don't believe in MLC after seeing all the posted ages this happens to! It's just plain selfishness and ego-centricity. Both my H and OW were in "I deserve this"-mode and have been TAKERS in their marriages and GIVERS to eachother. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just my thought.<BR>
Posted By: SKM Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/03/00 07:01 PM
Well, add my stats to the pot, too.<P>I am 32; H is 36; no kids yet - unless you count the OM - much younger. I have mentioned to my husband that I feel like I'm in a mid-life crisis. I hope this is it - early. I just wish I would have gone out and bought that car, or changed jobs, or anything, instead of going through this.
Posted By: tessa Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/05/00 05:14 AM
Hello,<BR>Just thought I'd join in...I'm 33 h is 34 been married 13 years. Pregnant with 3rd child. Tess
I'm 50, as is my H.<P>We were both 48 when he cheated with a coworker for 7 mo.
Posted By: Molli Re: If you don't mine...how old are you? - 07/04/00 08:00 PM
Both H and I are 32.<P>Married almost 7 years.<P>OW is 26.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums