Marriage Builders
Posted By: CrazyAunt Suffering in Silence - 07/21/13 06:13 PM
First, I need to apologize. We're not in recovery. I'm on another board and my husband is reading my posts, so I moved.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday. I won't dignify her existence with an acknowledgement. Why? She had 'unprotected' sex with my husband (before we met) and lied about it for 29 years! My WH had another 'unprotected' affair 25 years ago and lied about it for 25 years. D-day 1/26/2013. D-day about my sister, two weeks later.

My sister posted thank you's on FB for her birthday, making it abundantly clear that I wasn't one of them, and paying homage to my deceased father's girlfriend (with whom he cheated on my mother for as long as I can remember). Here's my question, should I out her (my sister) on FB for her indiscretions? This would also out my husband and ruin any chance for recovery. I'm not sure there IS any chance for recovery since he refuses to join me with Steve Harley in phone counseling. My next session with Steve isn't until Tuesday morning, but I'm itching to break my silence, now!

Please, help me make a decision that I can live with.
Posted By: TheRoad Re: Suffering in Silence - 07/21/13 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by CrazyAunt
Please, help me make a decision that I can live with.

Not only the a decision to live with I can think of no better decision to make. You are paying good money to be counseled by Steve so wait till you talk with him Tuesday morning.

I do not see a problem waiting till then to expose WH and your sister.
Posted By: CrazyAunt Re: Suffering in Silence - 07/22/13 12:06 AM
I took a nap and calmed down and I agree with your advise.

It would hurt too many innocent people to blast it on FB. I'll get over my "bad self."
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums